Chapter 21

The Possession

“Jungkook, let's go!” Taehyung called from downstairs.

“I'll be right there, hyung.”

“Alright.” Taehyung replied. “I'll wait in the car, everyone is already out, so hurry up!”

“Okay!”

Jungkook turned back to their room and finished shoving his clothes in his suitcase.

It was winter break and Jungkook along with the others were going back to their hometowns. While he couldn't wait to see his family, he felt a little sad at leaving. He had grown attached to the house and the people who lived in it.

After he had come back to reality, Jin had explained how his body had gotten possessed by a demon.

He shivered still, at the hopelessness he had felt when he had been locked away by the demon.

Trapped in the dark corners of his mind with no one to help him. His body had no longer been in his control and it had frightened him.

Despite all that had happened in the house and with him, they stayed.

Yoongi said he stayed out of convenience, but Jungkook had a feeling he wanted to show how he had bested the demon. They all did, despite the repercussions.

Taehyung had suffered a slight concussion along with Yoongi. Jimin’s throat had been slightly bruised and he had stuck to soups for a while before being able to swallow without aches. Jin had gotten a bite through his throat but it healed and left a scar, which he loved to brag about. Namjoon had been the worst off. He had been hospitalized for quite some time, but he made sure to constantly reassure Jungkook that he wasn’t at fault.

It took a while, but Jungkook was finally accepting it. He came to realize the reason why the demon had preyed on him out all people.  

It was because he felt left out.

Here were all these cool hyungs, confident in their ualities and falling in love with each other and Jungkook couldn’t feel the same.

He felt love but not in that way.

After some therapy through the hospital he had come to a realization.

He was aual.

He did fit in after all. Just not in the way he had hoped.

It's okay though. Jungkook thought.

His hyungs loved him and were supportive of him the moment he told them, he hoped his parents would be too.

Ever since then, there had been nothing strange going on. Jungkook’s nightmares stopped and his hyungs didn't mention any sleepwalking.

Life had been good.

And now it's time to leave. Jungkook thought. But only for a while.

He finished his suitcase and grabbed his backpack along with it, going down the stairs.

He passed the hallway and took a look at the basement door.

Taehyung said the spirits in the basement had been young women who had been sacrificed by a cult, that had lived in the house before, in order to appease the demon.

With that kind of history, Jungkook wondered how they had still decided to stay.

He opened the basement door and craned his ear forward, wondering if he could hear whispering.

There was nothing, just the hum of the furnace.

Taehyung did say the spirits had been freed because of them, they had apparently cast out the demon and released its hold on them. Now the spirits had left to heaven or wherever they belonged.

Good for them, Jungkook smiled.

A honk of a car made Jungkook jump and he closed the basement door. He quickly rushed out of the house and paused in the doorway.

He thought of all that had happened in the last months that had made him and his hyungs closer than ever. He couldn't help feeling slightly thankful. They would have grown closer without supernatural help, but he wondered if they would have been as connected as they were today.

“Bye for now.” Jungkook called to the house and as he closed the door, his skin prickled. Goosebumps ran down his arms and his heart sped up.

No way...

It had been a soft voice, but it had been horribly familiar, it sounded like a mix of two deep voices, rasping together.

Jungkook was sure he wasn't imagining. He had heard it as clear as day.

“Bye Jungkook,” it had said.


A/N: Thank you to all of you who subscribed and took the time to comment. Hope you liked the story!