Chapter 20

The Possession

A/N: My second to last chapter! Thanks to all who subscribed and commented!


Jin felt like he couldn't breathe.

Taehyung was unconscious beside Jimin who barely breathed right and Namjoon was lying on the floor, blood oozing out at him as Jungkook stood over him with a triumphant smile on his face.

His heart ached for the boy he loved, who was there dying, all because of the book.

This ends now. Jin thought determination filling him with strength.

Jin pulled the book to him, then opened it. His eyes struggled to read.

Jungkook caught sight of him and growled as he stalked over and tried grabbed the book out of Jin's weak hands. Jin held the book to his chest, ready to be finished off, when Jimin tackled the demon down.

It landed on the floor, the knife it had in its hand sliding out of reach. Jimin and the demon wrestled desperately, each trying to reach for the knife. The demon shoved Jimin aside and snatched up the knife. Jimin grabbed him by the neck, pressing hard.

Jin meanwhile struggled upright and skimmed through the book. He reached a hand to his throat and felt the blood soaked T-shirt desperately trying to clog the bite in his neck. He was losing blood quickly, it was already making him lightheaded.

He just needed that one word.

The name.

The name of the demon.

The demon and Jimin were still struggling but Jimin, weak from before, was losing. Jungkook’s body was too strong. It shoved Jimin to the ground then straddled the boy. Jimin threw punches and kicked desperately. The demon watched and laughed as if victorious.

Jin then saw the knife in the demon’s grasp. Jimin was now limp with defeat, he caught Jin’s eye and gave a weak smile.

The knife was raised over the demon’s head, prepared to stab down.

Jin closed his eyes and sighed deeply.

“Abraxas.”

The demon dropped the knife.

He got off of Jimin and walked over to him, pulling him up by the shirt collar. Jin hung limp in the air, a smirk on his face.

“What did you say?”

“I cast out the demon from you in the name of God, the Father almighty, in the name of Jesus Christ, His Son, our Lord, and in the power of the Holy Spirit.”

The demon laughed and threw Jin, he landed on Namjoon's bed.

“I cast out the demon from you in the name of God, the Father almighty, in the name of Jesus Christ, His Son, our Lord, and in the power of the Holy Spirit.” Jin repeated.

The demon continued laughing as Jin repeated the mantra. He then pulled out the holy water and splashed it on the demon's face.

It screamed and fell to its knees. Jimin then grabbed the knife on the floor and ran to the demon stabbing it in the arm.

A mix of the demon and Jungkook’s voices screamed in pain.

“Jimin!” Jin gaped at the boy who pulled the knife out and dropped it with a gasp.

“I’m sorry I…”

“That’s Jungkook still, Jimin!”

“Hyung I’m sorry!” Jimin cried, glancing at the blood on his hands.

“Get back!” Jin commanded. Jimin moved away with a nod.

The demon attempted to grab him but, Jin limped over, splashing its face over and over again. It was on the floor now, wailing in anguish.  

“I cast out the demon from you in the name of God, the Father almighty, in the name of Jesus Christ, His Son, our Lord, and in the power of the Holy Spirit!” Jin commanded. “Abraxas! Release Jungkook now!”

Abraxas hissed and glared at him with the most loathing murderous eyes.

It aimed to stand up, but Jin hit him with holy water again.

“Release him Abraxas!” Jin choked out then took a deep breath, yelling with all his might. “RELEASE HIM NOW ABRAXAS! YOU HAVE NO POWER ANYMORE!”

Abraxas let out a piercing scream as Jungkook's body thrashed on the floor. He convulsed his eyes going to the back of his head.

This had to work, it just had to!  Jin thought desperately. For Jungkook’s sake, for everyone’s sake.

Jin sprinkled more holy water as Jungkook's skin sizzled and peeled off.

Jimin looked on in horror, his hand over his mouth.

The screaming continued as Jungkook's body went flying left and right against the wall.

“GO BACK TO HELL, ABRAXAS!!”

Jungkook's body let out one last roar and he landed on Hoseok's bed with a loud thump.

Jimin and Jin looked at each other, staying still.

An hour seemed to pass before Jimin stood and stumbled over.

Jin watched as Jungkook’s skin returned to its normal shade and his eyes cracked open, looking at Jimin in confusion.

“Hyung?”

“I’m here, Jungkook.” Jimin cried in relief, pulling the boy into a hug.  

Jungkook sat up, then leaned over and vomited on the floor in response. He then flinched and grabbed at his arm.

“I’m sorry!” Jimin blurted out.

“For what?” Jungkook pulled his hand back and saw blood. His eyes widened.

“Jimin sort of stabbed you.” Jin explained. He coughed and blood landed on the floor.

“Hyung!” Jungkook stood and made the older boy lean into him.

“Guys the ambulance is here! Yoongi’s going to be…” Hoseok walked in and gaped. “Fine...”

Jin smiled at the boy’s shock. It was a crazy sight to behold.

He then heard a gasping sound and turned around.

Namjoon!

How could he have forgotten?

Jin ran over to Namjoon, leaning over the boy.

“Hey, Joon.” Jin lifted his head. “Are you okay?”

“Jin…” Namjoon rasped with a smile. “Did you…?”

“Yes, it’s over.” Jin kissed the boy’s forehead. He noticed it was cold. “It’s going to be okay.”

Namjoon was losing too much blood.

“Hoseok tell the paramedics to come. Now.”

Hoseok glanced at Namjoon’s grey demeanor and nodded.

Jimin was sitting beside Taehyung, the boy’s head in his lap and Jungkook stood by the bed, keeping his distance.

Jin could see the fear and sadness in the boy’s eyes.

He felt it was his fault.

Jin wanted to comfort him, but stayed by Namjoon’s side watching as his eyes were glazing over and his breathing was slowing down.

No…

It came to a stop.