Chapter 8

The Possession

This chapter is fairly short tbh, but it makes Jin more serious and solid in his beliefs so...yup. Enjoy!


Jin was immediately greeted with vomit on the floor. Jungkook was leaning on Jimin as he and Taehyung looked on with concern.

“I was trying to get him to eat something.” Taehyung explained as Jin and Namjoon surveyed the scene. “He hasn’t been eating well.”

“Or sleeping well.” Jimin added.

Jin felt guilty. He should have kept on eye on Jungkook, he knew from the beginning the youngest one was always a little more quiet, a little more nervous.

He should have been feeding him and asking him more questions over his well-being. Instead he was caught up in his own paranoia and Namjoon…

He kicked himself mentally, he knew he should have stayed away from the boy, nothing but trouble seemed to happen whenever they were together.

He placed a hand on Jungkook’s forehead and noticed he was cold and pale. That wasn’t good.

“Can someone go get medicine?”

“Where is it at?” Namjoon asked.

“Behind the bathroom mirror.” Jin said, he then turned to Jungkook. “Let’s go upstairs okay?”

Jungkook nodded, his eyes looking dull. He leaned on Jin as they made their way up.

“You guys should have given him medicine.” He scolded Jimin and Taehyung as they followed behind.

“He kept saying he was fine.” Jimin piped.

“We believed him, he wasn’t sleepwalking anymore.” Taehyung added.

Jin settled Jungkook into bed as Namjoon returned with the medicine for the flu. It wasn’t what Jungkook had, but it seemed better than nothing.

He made the boy take it then tucked him in. He added more blankets when he noticed the boy shake.

Poor Jungkook, how could he have missed it? Jin petted his hair, seeing Jungkook smile up at him gratefully before closing his eyes.

“Keep an eye on him tonight.” Jin ordered to the others.

Jimin and Taehyung nodded and Namjoon shot him a warm smile. Jin pushed away his feelings and walked off down the stairs.

Namjoon followed him.

“Hyung, I’m going to celebrate with Yoongi. Apparently he won the contest. Drinks are on him.” Namjoon smiled. “Want to come?”

Jin shook his head. He couldn’t leave Jungkook, not after how bad he felt for the boy.

“You sure?” Namjoon placed a hand on Jin’s back.

Jin shrugged him off and gave a smile. “I’m sure. I know Jimin and Taehyung are here with Jungkook, but I want to be here in case. It wouldn’t feel right to leave them, anyway.”

“You’re such a mom sometimes, hyung.”

“And you’re such a dad sometimes, Joon.” Jin patted the boy’s head. “Now go have fun with the guys. Don’t drink too much.”

“Don’t worry I won’t.” Namjoon kissed him goodbye and Jin recalled what they could have done, twice now. But life kept getting in the way and wasn’t letting them get off so easy.

Pun intended.


 Jin sat on the couch after Namjoon had left and browsed through the TV. He then fell asleep and only woke up when he heard a roaring of static. He sat up with a groan and reached for the remote. He switched it off and got up, deciding to head to bed.

Jungkook was still sleeping comfortably judging from the sound of silence throughout the house and he wouldn’t be helping either way if he stayed asleep on the couch. He went to the hallway and paused when he heard the TV turn on, static blaring into the living room.

Jin walked back and turned it off with the remote again. Had he accidentally turned it on when he threw the remote to the side?

He carefully placed the remote on the couch and walked away. No sooner had he left the living room when the static started again.

What was going on? Was the TV acting up? It wasn’t the newest thing in the world, Jin reasoned. But why would it act up now?

He marched back and unplugged the TV. He wasn’t about to come back again. He stood there, annoyed, one hand on his hip the other swinging the plug cable.

Jin waited in hope that it would stay off. For it to turn on meant it wasn’t just a TV malfunction, it was…

The TV , the static screamed in the living room, it almost sounded human and agonized. Jin felt goosebumps crawl up his arms. .

“What are you doing?”

Jin jumped and dropped the cable, his heart racing what felt like a million beats a minute. “What the ?!”

At the sound of Jin swearing, Yoongi smiled.

“You scared me!”

“Why are you up at 3 am, unplugging TVs?” The boy crossed his arms, leaning on in the doorway with his hip. A smile played on his lips, causing Jin to frown.

“Why are you here?” Jin changed the subject. “Weren't you all out drinking?”

“We came back just now. I saw your empty bed and figured you'd be somewhere.” Yoongi threw over his shoulder then left upstairs.

Jin took one last look at the television and followed.

“How's Jungkook?”

“He's fine now, but he's pretty sick.” Jin replied as they made it to the top of the stairs.

“I wonder if it's this house.”

“The house?”

“Never mind.” Yoongi shook his head and they made it into the room.

Jin shut the door and leaned on it. “ Yoongi...Is there something you need to tell me?”

“Nope.” Yoongi stripped down to his boxers and white tank top.

Jin crossed his arms. “Yoongi…”

“Goodnight.” Yoongi pulled his covers over his head and Jin knew the conversation was over.

He sighed and changed into his pajamas also crawling into bed. If Yoongi was going to keep secrets, so be it.

Jin was keeping his own anyway.


Jungkook was no better the next day. Hoseok who had class later volunteered to stay behind and watch him.

“Go to class you guys, he’ll be fine with me.” Hoseok urged the others out the door.

“We’ll be back soon.” Jin promised.

Hoseok smiled while Yoongi in the background gave a nod.

Somehow, despite the reassurance, Jin stayed uneasy.

The incident of the TV turning on by itself, stayed fresh in his mind. He found he couldn't concentrate in class and by the time his class ended he was mentally exhausted.

One of his good classmates messaged him as he walked out of class, prompting him out of his thoughts.

Spare me the notes, buddy? ;)

Jin smiled, Ken was always ditching class, it was miracle he was still passing.

Sure.

He texted back then headed to the library to log into the school's WiFi. Once in, he emailed his friend his notes then paused staring at a blank search engine.

Of course...Why didn't I do this sooner?

He typed his address into the search bar and hit enter.

Immediately what came up first was CULT HOUSE GETS SOLD .

Jin clicked on the headline and skimmed through the article.

Apparently there had been a cult inhabiting the house they lived in. They had been satanic, participating in rituals involving knives and blood.

Jin nearly gagged as he looked through the photos. Blood was smeared all over the living room. The same living room with the TV that had by itself. Jin shivered.

They had murdered over fourteen women in the house, claiming they were sacrificing them to a demon in order to obtain eternal life. The pictures showed women strung up on the wall by hooks. Jin couldn't look away at the multiple dead corpses thrown on the couch, the basement, even the kitchen. Jin placed a hand over his mouth in horror.

Suddenly the footsteps, Jungkook’s sleepwalking and nightmares, even Yoongi's avoidance made sense.

Our house is haunted.

There was no denying it now.

No more excuses, no more lies . He thought.  

He rummaged through his backpack and pulled out a folded up receipt.

He looked at the address.

Time to pay the landlady a visit...