Chapter 19

The Possession

Namjoon rushed to Jin’s side and flung Jungkook away. The boy scrambled to perch on the wall again, roaring with laughter.

Namjoon ignored him.

“Hyung?”

Jin wasn't responding. His breathing was labored and Namjoon spotted a bite near his neck, squirting blood.

“Jin hyung... oh my god …” Namjoon gaped. He ran to a drawer and pulled out a T-shirt, pressing it against the wound.

Jin looked up at him with bleary eyes.

“You...Got...Book?” He rasped out slowly.

Namjoon nodded.

He held up the book and heard Jungkook scream behind him.

Namjoon then felt him leap onto his back.

Jin’s eyes went wide, but he didn't say anything as Namjoon struggled around the room. Jungkook had one hand on his neck and the other struggling to grab the book.

He ran against a wall, slamming his back repeatedly into it, hoping it would weaken Jungkook. The boy stayed on however, letting out screams that sounded like a pig squealing.

Namjoon rushed to another wall and in his rush, tripped and landed on the ground, the book slipping out of his grasp.

It landed with a thud beside Jimin, who was trying to shake Taehyung awake.

“Jimin!” Namjoon yelled. “Don't let him get the book!”

Jungkook raced across the room on all fours as Jimin grabbed the book and held it against him.

 Come on Jimin, be a good boy .” The demon in Jungkook growled as he made it Jimin's side.

Jimin shook his head, furiously.

 Don't make me hurt you .”

“Screw you, demon!” Jimin snapped.

Jungkook raised onto his two legs and reached out to Jimin, placing his hands on his throat.

Jimin gasped for air, his face going red then purple as Jungkook choked him. Namjoon ran over pulling the book from his hands.

“Hey demon, over here!” Namjoon called.

Jungkook turned and released Jimin, the boy collapsing on the ground beside Taehyung panting for air.

 Give me the book, boy .”

“Make me.”

Jungkook raced at him, arms outstretched. Namjoon ducked his grasp and ran around in circles, dodging him.

Jungkook followed, until he grew fed up and let out a scream.

 ENOUGH! 

Namjoon was lifted in the air by the neck and sent to a corner of the room. He tried to hold onto the book, but Jungkook ripped it out of his hold.

He could only watch helplessly as Jungkook’s body chuckled madly, the book in his hands.The demon sent him flying to another corner where he landed painfully on a pile of his CDs.

, I knew I should have moved these.

He groaned then turned to stared helplessly as the demon scrolled through the book, quickly.

The demon then looked around before grabbing a lighter on a nearby nightstand. The demon lit the flame over the book, as the pages curled and disintegrated from the heat.

“No…” Namjoon gasped.

Jin had wanted that book for whatever reason and now it was going to be gone. He stood up and limped over, yanking the book back, to the demon's surprise.

Namjoon stepped on it to put out the flames and then held the hot book to his chest.

“You just don't learn, do you?” Jungkook grinned. He then raised a hand and into the room came flying a knife.

The same knife Namjoon had used to free the others.

Jungkook walked over to Jin and pulled him up by the hair.

“No!”

“Book.” Jungkook motioned him over with one hand, the other holding the knife close to Jin's throat.

Namjoon stumbled over.

He stretched the book out and as Jungkook released Jin, Namjoon smacked him with the book before tossing it to Jin.

He met Jin's eyes as Jungkook roared with fury and stabbed him in the gut.

A horrible piercing hot pain went through him and he sank to his knees as Jungkook stabbed him again in the shoulder.

He didn't think he’d die by a demon stabbing him.

A demon, something that he didn't believe in until today. It was ironic in a way.

Namjoon kept his eyes on Jin who screamed until he got another stab to the back of his shoulder and he felt his body go down.

He landed on the floor with a thud. Pain and blackness everywhere.