Chapter 13

The Possession

A/N: Anyone else obsessed with Spring Day??


Namjoon opened the door to the house. He was behaving like an idiot. He knew no matter what he believed, he should have believed in Jin more.

The look he had been given by the man caused his stomach to curl as if it had eaten something bad.

Jin would probably break up with him, it was inevitable.

Bound to happen sooner or later, once he figured out what an I am. Namjoon thought as he took off his coat. He set it on the dining room table then looked around.

Why were all the lights still off? He figured they would have switched back by now.

Namjoon walked to the hallway and entered the living room where all the windows were wide open. What happened? He wondered.

He then heard pounding from the basement door and his heart quickened. Could that be…?

No way.

It couldn’t be whatever was causing this house to act weird.

Maybe it was Taehyung, he was sometimes down there.

“Taehyung?” He called pressing against the door to hear.

“Namjoon!” He heard Hoseok call back.

“Hoseok?” Why was he down there? Hoseok, was a bit of a wimp, he wouldn’t even glance at the basement door much less lock himself in it.

“Namjoon, get us out of here!”

“Is Jin in there?”

“No, he was going upstairs, we all were until I got dragged in here.”

“I’m here too.” Yoongi’s calm tone came from behind the door, a stark contrast to the high pitched voice of Hoseok.

“Get us out of here please!”

Namjoon jiggled the doorknob, but it was locked from the inside. He ran to the kitchen and grabbed a knife.

He picked at the lock through a sliver of the door and turned the knob at the same time. He then smashed his shoulder into it, until it gave out and Hoseok leaped into his arms.

“Oh thank you, thank you!”

“Calm down.” Yoongi pulled him off. He nodded his thanks to Namjoon.

“The others are upstairs.” Hoseok pointed.

They ran up the stairs and arrived to the hallway.

“Jin?” Namjoon called.

“Namjoon!”

Jin’s voice came from his bedroom. Namjoon rushed over and slammed his shoulder in it. He rushed downstairs for the knife then came back up, nearly tripping on the carpet.

“Careful!” Yoongi called as he tried to open the bathroom where Jimin and Taehyung cried pitifully.

“Namjoon?” Jin’s scared voice went right to Namjoon’s heart.

“I’m here, baby.” Namjoon said, testing his pet name to see if Jin would still be mad.  

“Thank you.” Jin replied. “For coming back.”

Namjoon smiled in relief. He then set to work opening the door. He slammed his shoulder, grunting in pain, when he tried too many times.

“Hey, careful. You’ll hurt yourself!” Jin scolded.

Namjoon tried harder. He wanted to see Jin and apologize for everything. He wanted to kiss him. He finally slammed it a final time and the lock broke off bringing the door crashing to the ground.

“Namjoon!” Hoseok gasped as he and Yoongi witnessed the door land on the floor.

Namjoon could care less about it, he met Jin’s eyes and saw the man stare at him with tears in his  beautiful , brown eyes.

Jin ran into his arms and they fell back, clumsily crashing their mouths together.

“Ugh. Is this really the time?” Yoongi’s mutter fell to the background as they continued to kiss.

“I’m sorry I should have believed you.” Namjoon breathed as they pulled away from each other.

Jin smacked his arm repeatedly. “Damn right you should have!”

“Hyungs!” Jimin yelled out as he and Taehyung finally escaped the bathroom. Jin hugged them both and Namjoon patted their heads.

“Did you get the holy water?”  Hoseok asked Jin.

Jin nodded and showed them the bottle.

“This ends now.” He said, firmly.

They all turned to look at the only bedroom door that was left closed.

“Hyung, do you even know how to perform an exorcism?” Namjoon asked.

“I’ve seen movies.” Jin smiled weakly.

Namjoon shook his head with a smile.

“Just sprinkle some water and read bible passages.” Yoongi ordered, going to open the door. He fumbled with the knob and the house began to groan.

“I don’t think it wants us in.” Taehyung whispered.

“It?” Jin asked.

Taehyung nodded. “It’s not the spirits. They say it’s something else.”

“Something else?” Jimin asked. “Like what.”

Jin furrowed his brows then gasped.

“What is it?” Namjoon placed a hand on his waist.

Jin turned to him. “If it isn’t the spirits then...it's the demon.”

“A demon!” Jimin and Hoseok yelped at the same time. Each clinging to their respective partners.

“What do we do, hyung?” Namjoon turned to Jin.

Jin glanced at the door. “I don’t know, demons are...something else.”

“And it doesn’t want us in.” Taehyung added.

“You know what? Too bad, we are getting this demon out today, I’m tired of this bull!” Yoongi twisted the knob again, the house shook and portraits hung in the hallway went flying.

“Duck!” Namjoon yelled, pulling Jin down as frames flew and crashed around the house.

Yoongi slammed his shoulder against the bedroom door and the house shook worse, sending them all flying down to the ground.

“!” Yoongi swore as he landed near a broken frame cutting his finger.

He placed the bleeding finger in his mouth and looked helplessly at the others. Namjoon sighed.

What could they possibly do?

“That’s it!” Hoseok got up and ran to the door, kicking it. The door nearly caved in, but Hoseok cried out in pain and held onto his shin as he fell to the ground beside Yoongi.

Namjoon stood, even though they didn’t know exactly they had to try something. For their sake and for Jungkook’s sake.

“Everyone run at the door on 3!” He commanded. They all nodded and stood up beside him.

“1…” The house shook harder, stumbling them.

“2…” Growls and screams were heard behind the door making Jimin flinch.

“3!”

The six boys ran at the door and gave it a giant shove.

The door finally fell down and Namjoon felt Jin’s hand meet his as they surveyed the room.

It was a mess.

Pillows were ripped up and the stuffing was all over the beds and floors, There was splashes of red against the walls and Namjoon hoped it was paint and not blood. In the wood parts of Jimin and Taehyung’s beds there was crosses scratched in, looking as if drawn upside down on purpose.

“.” Yoongi said.

Namjoon then spotted Jungkook in the corner. He swerved his head at the sight of them entering, his eyes were bloodshot and red and his hair was greasy with clumps sticking up in different directions. His skin was pale and grey and he growled showing equally grey, pointy teeth.

indeed. He thought.