The Artist

Tangled Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She was pacing back and forth, not knowing if she should really do this or not. Babo Bae Joohyun. She mentally slap herself. She shouldn’t be here. She should have been in the hospital, helping. Okay, so yeah, it was her day-off and she wasn’t supposed to actually take that day-off being such a workaholic but… she wanted to see him. It’s as if there’s something telling her to just try and make their paths crossed again. It sound so foolish, right? Yeah, Bae Joohyun, you’re really a fool. Why did she even enrolled herself in Song Minho’s art class? Because she’s a fool.

 

“Joohyun-sshi?”

 

Joohyun jolted and turned to see a tall guy, wearing a black jeans, grey printed shirt, a black hat and sunglasses. He removed his hat and bowed at her, making Joohyun’s eyes narrowed. He dyed his hair back to black. She clearly remembered him having blonde hair on the art exhibit and on the hospital.

 

“Anyeonghesayo, Taehyun-sshi,” Joohyun greeted and also bowed. Taehyun grinned his trademark smile which made Joohyun to also smile. She followed his gaze and saw him looking at the paper bag she was carrying and her eyes widen. She quickly hide it behind her. Too late though. Taehyun already saw the paint brushes and sketch pads peeking from the paper bag she was carrying.

 

“Are you part of Minho-hyung’s class? I often helped in instructing the class. I never saw you before,” Taehyun said and Joohyun was mentally slapping herself again. She shouldn’t have really enrolled herself in this art class.

 

“Oh . . . Uhm . . . It’s. . . Err . . .” Joohyun stammered and she so wanted to slap herself. She was so embarrassing. Her eyes widen when she saw someone coming towards them. Save by the bell. “Seungwan-ah!” she called and Seungwan ever-ready smile was already plastered on her face as she approached them. Joohyun noticed how Taehyun went stiff beside her. Joohyun’s brows furrowed as she watched Seungwan bowed at Taehyun who rigidly bowed at her. Weird, definitely weird.

 

“Let’s go in,” Taehyun said and motioned for the door and even opened the door for them. Joohyun was amazed as she entered the room. The walls. It was full of abstract painting. From the floors, to the ceilings. So beautiful. They sat on the seat by the corner, as Taehyun told them to wait before he left for the second floor, probably his office.

 

“It’s black. He dyed it to black.”

 

Joohyun turned and looked at Seungwan when she heard Seungwan murmuring.

 

“What is it?” Joohyun asked, not really sure if she heard it right. Seungwan’s eyes widen as she stared back at her unnie.

 

“Aniya. It’s nothing,” Seungwan said and smiled at Joohyun but obviously, Joohyun was not buying it, by the way her brows furrowed.

 

“Is it about Taehyun’s hair? Yeah, he dyed it to black, apparently. But I think blonde suit him well,” Joohyun commented, smiling and bowing from time to time to other people coming in, their classmates in this class.

 

“Oh, are you girls talking about Teacher Nam?” the two girls both turned, seeing a cute petite woman. She looked so young or maybe it was because she was just small. But, oh God, she looked so beautiful and cute, any man could easily fall for her. Joohyun smiled and nodded, not knowing why but she felt awkward around the girl. Seungwan also bowed. “Hi, I’m Lee Jieun, nice meeting you, girls. Is this your first time in this class?” she further asked both before either of Joohyun and Seungwan could answer, the woman’s phone rang, and she excuse herself to answer the call.

 

“It’s IU-sshi,” Seungwan murmured, making Joohyun's eyes widen, because, damn, that name sounded familiar to her.

 

“Do you know her, Seungwan-ah?” she carefully asked, making Seungwan’s eyes widen, as if she said something forbidden.

 

“Bwo? Ani . . . She’s just . . . Uhm . . . She reminded me of someone I know,” Seungwan answered, stuttering, not really convincing Joohyun but she let it passed as her attention went to no other than the owner of the art studio, the main teacher of this art class, the guy that plagued her dreams for the past 3 years. No other than, Song Minho.

 

 

Bae Joohyun’s brows creased as she held a pencil, seriously staring at a bowl of fruits situated on the center of the class, on top of the table. They were instructed to try and express their feelings by drawing that bowl of fruits. Ottoke?! How the hell would she show her feelings using those fruits? Is this class so insane? Or she was really not talented? Yeah, Bae Joohyun, accept it, you’re not good at arts. She sighed and willed herself to at least properly sketch the apples.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter