The Hint

Tangled Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bae Joohyun was a smart person. She graduated with decent grades in Myeong Woo University. She was part of the top 10 in their batch's KMLE. She knew she's pretty smart. So why is she here now, on a luxury car, owned by one of the most influential women in Korea, as the chauffer who fetched her drove towards the quiet and peaceful streets of Seongbuk-dong. 

 

Joohyun has been here before, of course. Seulgi, her best friend, lives in the neighborhood. But the path this black Azera was passing by is unfamiliar. Mainly because she was sleeping when she accompanied Seulgi in coming her a week ago. 

 

So why was she here? Why is she seated at the back of this executive sedan? Oh because the very famous Kim Taehee asked for her audience (well, that was what the message she received said). Joohyun didn't even know how Seulgi's Auntie Taehee got her phone number. And gods, she just finished an hour operation when she received the message, thankfully, her shift was finished. And as if it was really all planned, a black Hyundai Azera was already waiting outside the hospital. 

 

And as they entered a beautiful and spacious carway, Joohyun felt her heart hammering inside its ribcage. She didn't even know why she's here. She didn't even told anyone. Seulgi was also busy, visiting their Busan branch because Seungyoon was MIA apparently. She didn't even talked to Kim Taehee when she accompanied Seulgi in their meeting. She just timidly sat there, listening but not really understanding the conversation the two had. 

 

She forced herself to smile as the car stopped, the driver opening the door for her. A female servant in a suit uniform was standing by the staircase leading to the grand mahogany door, bowing at her. 

 

And Joohyun was escorted to the living room, sitting on one of the stylish couch, looking around the room. Seulgi and her didn't had the chance to enter her last time, they meet the owner of this mansion on their spacious garden, so this is her first. 

 

Her eyes caught sight of paintings when she entered the house, hanging by the walls, the obvious signature of Song Minho on the bottom corner evident to Joohyun. But what drew her attention is the huge family photo on the the center of the wall. 

 

Kim Taehee looks so elegant and sophisticated, a beautiful smile painted on her lips, her eyes turned so small, sitting in the front. Beside her is the head of the family, Mr. Song Seungheon, looks intimidating with his thick eyebrows, Minho obviously got it from his father, but a small smil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter