The Painting

Tangled Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A lot of paintings hanged on the wall. Many spectators looking around. It was a solo art exhibit for a certain MNH. Bae Joohyun sighed and looked at the pamphlet given to her by the receptionist. She began walking around, looking at the paintings. It was mostly abstract so she had a hard time understanding the concept of the paintings.

 

Why was she here again? Oh, because when she mentioned that she didn’t knew how to spend her day-off, (she’s a certified workaholic, anyway) the twins eagerly gave suggestions to spend it, or to Joohyun’s perspective, more like forcing her to take a day-off. Seulgi suggested going to spa but Seungyoon just told her that there’s an art exhibit of his friend happening today and she should go.

 

She stopped when she saw a big painting on the farthest corner of the hall. She gasped when she finally stood in front of it. It was so beautiful. Wait, beautiful didn’t even do justice to describe the painting. It was breathtakingly stunning. She looked at the title, ‘The Breakup’, it says. How could a painting of a girl’s side profile, plucked petals of roses on her feet, her hands by her chest, being held together by a chain of rose’s thorn, a pair of broken butterfly wings on her back, watching a silhouette of a guy walking away be so breathtakingly stunning? Maybe it’s because of the color schemes. The tears on the girl’s face was colored ombré red. And there were fading red blood trickling down her arms, too. Oh God, it was so beautiful. And the backdrop color schemes blended well, too. A shade of silver grey gradually darkening until it became black to dark green. So beautiful.

 

She saw the artist signature on the bottom corner of the painting. Her brows furrowed. A cursive writing of MNH. The signature. It looked so awfully familiar. Her brows furrowed as she stared at the signature.

 

“Wow! Hyung is really good in his craft. Damn, it looked so real!”

 

Joohyun turned and saw someone standing behind her, sporting a black statement shirt, black ripped jeans, black shoes and a red coat. His hair was dyed blonde. Joohyun couldn’t place it where, but she was 100% sure she saw him before. He must have seen her looking at him because he looked embarrassed and slightly bowed at her.

 

“Oh, mianheyo. I think I disturbed you,” he apologized and bowed again.

 

“Ani. Its fine,” Joohyun said and he now stood beside her, staring at the painting in front of them.

 

“It’s so beautiful, right?” he asked and Joohyun nodded, turning her attention to the painting. The girl’s side profile on the painting was actually familiar to Joohyun. “Trust, hyung to make a breakup looked beautiful,” he mumbled and Joohyun saw from the corner of her eyes his sad smile.

 

“Ahm, I’m actually curious,” Joohyun said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter