The Flowers & Tears

Tangled Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Son Seungwan frowned as she watched Sooyoung meticulously and efficiently arranged a bouquet of carnations, as if she's done it a lot of times. Well, of course, the real Sooyoung is a florist. And yes, after Seungwan saw her crying in the hospital restroom and she casually called her unnie, she became so curious and visited this flower shop. So basically, she found out that the Park Sooyoung here in this reality is the same Joy from Red Velvet, her dongsaeng from their own reality. And she would often visit her as they try to think of how and why they're here and if they could actually go back to their timeline. 

 

"Have you ever wondered how you know where the right vein is before drawing blood?" Sooyoung asked, smiling when Seungwan's frown deepened. 

 

"Huh?" 

 

"It's in our memories, unnie. Yes, this isn't our reality but the memories from here, even the emotions, are well intact in our mind. That's why I can determine whether the flowers mass-delivered to this shop is freshly picked or it's a week old and they just spray something to make it look fresh. And that is why you also know all those surgery instruments doctors use although we're really just idols who didn't even graduated from college in our reality," Sooyoung explained and Seungwan just nodded. 

 

"I didn't even asked anything," Seungwan said and Sooyoung just laughed. 

 

"You don't have to ask, unnie. Your facial expression is so obvious," Sooyoung answered and laughed. Seungwan pouted and just then, they heard the chimes by the door, both women turned their attention and saw Nam Taehyun entering the flower shop, frowning when he saw Seungwan by the counter. 

 

"Hello. Welcome. How may I help you?" Sooyoung asked, standing up and shooing one of his workers who was about to approach Taehyun. 

 

"Uh... I need..." Taehyun trailed off, still staring at Seungwan. Sooyoung smirked at Seungwan who noticed and discreetly shook her head. 

 

"You need flowers, I assume," Sooyoung cheerfully said and Taehyun nodded, finally turning his attention to her. "May I ask for what specific occasion?" 

 

"Just... I want someone to cheer up. She's been having some problems lately and..." Taehyun said and Sooyoung nodded, noting the "her" and Seungwan's reaction who busied herself with the bouquet Sooyoung was working on. Sooyoung hoped her unnie wouldn't ruin the arranged flowers, she's almost finished there. 

 

"Oh. We actually have a lot of flowers for that. But can you like, describe the person you're gonna give it to," Sooyoung said and she noticed how Taehyun frown because yeah, it sounded so suspicious. And hell, Park Sooyoung didn't really need to know that but she know her unnie is curious about this "her" so it's like hitting two birds with one stone. "Ah, I mean, I need to at least know her preferences so we can customized the flowers to her liking, perhaps, so it would cheer her up more," Sooyoung professionally explained and thankfully, it convinced Taehyun enough to answer. 

 

"She, well, her favorite color is purple. She likes collecting stuffs, mostly purple items. She also likes pajamas buttons, and lotions. She also loves reading books. Uh... She's usually introvert and maybe cold sometimes but she's actually very friendly when you start to get to know her."

 

Seungwan watched as he continued describing Lee Jieun, because, it is the her, right? Seungyoon told her that Jieun-sshi is Nam Taehyun's first love. She watched how he smiled and there's something in his eyes that felt so familiar, as if he also looked at her that way before. She rolled her eyes as Sooyoung nodded and gestured at some purple flowers Seungwan didn't even know what the name is. Lavenders? Or maybe not because the petals looked bigger. 

 

"Would you Iike it if we put it in a flower pot instead? That way, whoever you're giving

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter