The Hurt

Tangled Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Working at the hospital became a routine for Seulgi after sometime. Doing rounds, helping and observing during surgeries, thank goodness their lead doctor was actually very kind and sweet. Doctor Jeon may be serious when they entered the surgery room, but outside, she's usually so goofy and fun to be with. 

 

"Knock knock." 

 

Seulgi looked up from her phone and saw Doctor Jeon, leaning on the door of their team's office. It's almost deserted, well except for Seulgi who decided to not go home. Skipping another dinner with her father, he's probably used to it anyway, eating alone. Or maybe Seungyoon was there, Seulgi didn't care either way. He's always been the favorite anyway. The heir. No wonder he's forced to take Medicine. And Seulgi, she always wanted to gain his father's attention when she was younger until she realized that it would never happen. 

 

'You look exactly like your mother. I'm sure your father's having a hard time looking at you.' 

 

Yeah right, as if it's her fault she got her mother's eyes. 

 

"Doctor Jeon!" Seulgi exclaimed, quickly standing up and smiling when the older woman grinned and placed a cup of iced coffee on the table. She waved her hand as if telling Seulgi to drop the formalities, it's just them in the office anyway. 

 

"Why you're still here?" Jeon Jihyun asked, casually grabbing a chair to sit and tilted her head, all attention to Seulgi who sheepishly smiled. "Ahh, avoiding Sunghoon-oppa?" she guessed and Seulgi couldn't help but roll her eyes, making their lead doctor to laugh. 

 

"Still annoyed with that wedding announcement? Sorry I couldn't attend the party by the way. And also, I haven't congratulated you about that. Or should I say condolence?" Doctor Jeon asked, making Seulgi sighed. 

 

"Why does he always like to ruin my life, Auntie?" Seulgi asked, pouting as she grabbed the coffee on both her hands, the cold biting on her palm but that didn't bother her at all. 

 

"I don't think your father is ruining your life. Maybe oppa thinks he's doing this for you, you know. I mean it's Kang Sunghoon were talking about. I don't think he will do anything without a concrete reason."

 

"Nah, he just hates me that's why he loves seeing me suffer," Seulgi interjected, animosity in her voice and she almost took it back when she took a peek and saw their Auntie Jihyun's face grew serious. But she then sighed and grabbed Seulgi's hands, cooling it by her natural warmth. 

 

"I know almost everyone tells you this. But you're exactly like Haerim-unnie. Not just because you got her eyes, no. It's because even your personality is very much like my sister. So strong, so fiery, someone who would never back down. Someone who'll fight for her love. And that's what Sunghoon-oppa loves about your mother."

 

"Exactly, I remind him of mom that's why he hates me," Seulgi commented but Jihyun just squeezed her hands, softly smiling at her niece. 

 

"You're the remaining memory of his great love, I don't think he hates you, Seul. He loves you, in his own twisted way," she instead said and gently patted her cheeks. 

 

"You probably didn't know but your grandmother doesn't actually liked Haerim-unnie for Sunghoon-oppa. I mean they were planning to merge with the Kim's, they wanted him to marry Taehee-unnie. And of course, it's a great union, even your father thought so but your mother, huh, Jeon Haerim will never let go of the man she loves. So she did what she did just to hold on to Sunghoon-oppa."

 

"What did omma did?" 

 

"She fought, Seulgi-yah. She knows your father could never disobey his parents so it's up to her. She can be so cunning, they have no idea what hit them. And I'm telling you this because I know, right now, Jaijin-oppa's son can't do anything. It's all up to you, now, Seul. Do it. You're your mother's daughter after all."

 

 

And that's why Kang Seulgi was standing outside the prestigious hotel owned by the Lee's. She stood at the reception, not knowing really what to do. Hell, she really didn't think this through. She was actually feeling brave after that talk with their Auntie Jihyun but now, she's feeling cold feet. And the staffs here kept on glancing at her. Of course they knew her, one way or another. 

 

So when the receptionist told her that she can go to Lee Seunghoon's office, she quickly nodded and waved them off when they seemed to be accompanying her. She could very much go to her boyfriend's office alone, thank you. Ex-boyfriend, Seul, her traitorous mind whispered. She shook her head as the elevator took her to the top floor. To his office. 

 

And her anxiety rocketed when she finally reached his floor. His secretary already standing by her station, obvious

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter