The Other World

Tangled Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She’s falling. She didn’t know why, or where, but one thing Son Seungwan was sure was that she was currently falling. Did she jumped from a tall building? She felt gravity working and pulling here back on the ground in an alarming speed. Wendy started trashing around, whipping her head about, and trying to find a solution in this panicking scenario.

 

Wendy gasped and sat up with a start on her bed. Her breathing rapid, she wiped her bangs away, which was already plastered on her forehead due to sweats. She took a deep breath and tried to calm herself down. It was a dream. Just a dream. She looked around her room and her brows furrowed. Her room… it looked different. She got up from her bed and looked around, noticing the white curtains, she hated curtains. There was a picture frame on the side table and she was about to grabbed it when she heard a knock on her bedroom door.

 

“Breakfast is ready. Time to eat!”

 

She heard a feminine voice which only made Wendy tilt her head. Who was that? She didn’t recognize that voice at all. Curious and bewildered, Wendy opened the door but the girl was already walking away, probably towards the dining room. The back profile of that girl looked familiar, her straight posture, her orange-dyed hair up in a ponytail whishing side-by-side as she walked, even the way she walked looked familiar. Wendy’s brows creased before following the route the girl took, noticing the walls of the house, some sketches were taped on it, looked like a toddler’s drawing, judging by the scribbled Hangul on the bottom. There’s also some music sheets pasted on it.

 

When Wendy entered the dining room, she finally saw the girl’s face, and she stifled back a gasp. The girl’s eyes that was staring back at her, it looked so achingly familiar. She took a deep breath, trying to calm down. The girl, who looked like she’s around 17 or 18 smiled as she put plates on the table. Wendy gasped when she felt someone grabbed her leg, then a cute giggle filled the air.

 

“Omma!”

 

Wendy looked down and saw a young girl, maybe just four or five, staring up at her, smiling cutely and Wendy felt as if her heart dropped. She looked exactly like Wendy when she was younger.

 

“Omma, up! Up!” the young girl said and raised her hand. Wendy picked the toddler up, who giggled again.

 

“Just for heads up, omma, but appa is not appa today. We’re in code red,” the older girl said as she placed the pitcher on the table. Before Wendy could asked what the hell the girl was talking about, they heard footsteps echoing towards them.

 

“What’s for breakfast, Tinker Bell?” a lilt voice said, coming from a boy with blonde tousled hair, smirking lazily as he entered the dining room. He looked around the same age as the girl. They actually looked alike, except for their eyes. The girl who just finished setting up the table rolled her eyes.

 

“I cooked omorice. And, my goodness, Nam Seungho, can you please stop calling me Tinker Bell?” she exasperatedly said before her eyes widen as another guy entered who looked like he’s around his late thirties. “Appa,” the girl greeted before plastering a smile on her face.

 

“Appa!” the little girl in Wendy’s arm shouted and struggled from her arms so Wendy put her down but before the little girl reached her father, Seungho picked her up, making the little girl whine.

 

“Why? Does our Periwinkle Soo-ah doesn’t love her oppa, anymore?” Seungho asked and even pouted, making the little girl laughed, while the older girl just rolled her eyes.

 

“Let’s just eat,” the older girl said, as Seungho put Soo-ah down. Wendy watched as the kids sat down and realized that she was still standing there, and even the guy who these kids called ‘appa’ was also standing, watching her. Apparently, they were all watching her. The girl went near her, looking worriedly at her before her eyes widen.

 

“Oh shxt!” she shouted, making Seungho to cover his little sister’s ears, glaring at her other sister.

 

“What the fxxk, Nam Seung-ah! Don’t curse in front of Soo-ah,” he hissed and her sister, Seung-ah, rolled her eyes at him before she worriedly glanced back at Wendy.

 

“Omma, don’t tell me that you don’t remember us at all?” she seriously asked, anxiety obvious in her eyes, making Wendy nodded.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter