The Talk

Tangled Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Seunghoon was busy reading the proposal given to them by another hotel, wanting a merger. He sighed as he leaned back on his swivel chair. This kind of merger usually wants a wager. And damn it, he knew what kind of wager the Songs would want. Marriage wager. And by the love of God, the Songs only have sons. Seunghoon couldn’t put this on Jieun’s shoulders. Damn. He placed the papers back on its folder, massaging his temple. He’s gonna have a headache thinking about this.

 

“Sir, I’m sorry but there’s a Mr. Kang Sunghoon waiting at the reception area, wanting to meet you ASAP. Should I put him on your afternoon tomorrow?”

 

Seunghoon sat up straight, hearing his secretary’s voice through the intercom. Uncle Sunghoon? Why would Seulgi’s father come here in his office? Then he remembered, the twin’s birthday party, the announcement, and their dance. He sighed and pressed the intercom.

 

“No, let him in, please,” he said and sighed hearing the hesitancy on his secretary’s ‘Yes Sir’. Of course everyone in his office knew who that visitor was. His relationship with Seulgi before was the talk of the town, their hotel staffs each having their comments. 

 

Seunghoon stood up when the door opened, the mighty Kang Sunghoon entered his office, a smile on his face as if he’s harmless and not a manipulative person. Seunghoon’s secretary following behind with a forced smile. He nodded, knowing that she’s probably worried. Well, his meetings with Seulgi’s father always left him wrecked and devastated. She’s a living witness to that, anyway.

 

“Can you get us a cup of coffee, Boyoung-sshi, and tea for you, Uncle, right?” Seunghoon asked and Sunghoon nodded, smiling at Park Boyoung who bowed at them and unsurely left them alone.

 

“I see that she still work here,” Sunghoon quiried, his lip formed into a smirk as he took a seat. Seunghoon sighed and nodded before also sitting on his swivel chair.

 

“Noona is actually pretty good at her job. She’s very organized and knows how to handle my schedules. Just because she was once a part of your schemes doesn’t make her less capable,” Seunghoon stated, shrugging his shoulders but his eyes turned smaller, eyeing the older man who just laughed at what he said.

 

“My apologies, I reckon you fancy women like her. I was just trying to be of assistance,” the older man answered, even shrugging his shoulders. “She’s feisty and impulsive like my Seulgi.”

 

Lee Seunghoon sighed, shaking his head. Kang Sunghoon actually send Park Boyoung to him, as a secretary, thinking that he'll gonna be tempted and cheat on Seulgi. What a stupid idea. "Why are you here, Uncle?" Seunghoon asked, sighing again. 

 

"I can help with your problem with the Songs," Sunghoon casually answered, smirking when Boyoung came in and placed their beverages on the table. "Thank you, Boyoung-sshi," he added and she stiffly bowed before averting her gaze to her boss who just nodded. 

 

"Please cancel my one o'clock," Seunghoon said and Boyoung's brows furrowed at this. 

 

"But, sir, it's your meeting with the Songs," she unsurely answered and Seunghoon just nodded, making her purse her lips but said nothing and bowed before leaving them. "So what's the catch?" he asked the older man when the door closed and they're finally alone. 

 

"Who said there's a catch here?" 

 

"Uncle, stop playing with me and just tell me what you want," Seunghoon answered, making the older guy chuckled.

 

"Oh, hyung really taught you well," Sunghoon said, gracefully sipping his tea before settling it down with a small clink of the silverware, regretting what he said when he noticed how the younger man cast his eyes down. Still a sensitive issue, he see. "Leave Seulgi," he added, so ruthless as usual, seriousness in his voice, making Seunghoon involuntarily fisted his palms. 

 

"I already did. It's Seulgi who kept coming back to me," he said, trying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter