The Announcement

Tangled Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nam Taehyun was seriously driving towards Dongho-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul. Minho noticed the tension on their maknae’s shoulders and didn’t know how to breach the topic. Taehyun was grumpier than usual.

 

“Taehyun, answer me truthfully. Is there something wrong?” Minho asked, noticing how Taehyun just shrugged as they stopped at the entrance of a prestigious hotel, own by the Lees. A valet was waiting for them who Taehyun passed the car keys to.

 

“It’s weird, hyung,” Taehyun finally said as they walked the spacious and luxurious lobby, towards the elevator. 

 

“Weird? What do you mean?” Minho’s brows furrowed meanwhile Taehyun sighed.

 

“Uncle Sunghoon never just throw a party. There’s always a reason behind it,” Taehyun said, making Minho involuntarily nodded. “Besides, remember the last time Uncle threw a birthday party for the twins?”

 

Minho smirked, remembering that party as if it just happened yesterday. It was during their senior year in high school. Kang Sunghoon, the forever handsome and always smiling (Seulgi described him as manipulative and cunning) father of the Kang twins, suddenly announced that his heir, his son, would continue his legacy and would take up Medicine in college. It shocked them, of course. All of them knew how Seungyoon loves music and even thought of pursuing it on Baekseok Arts University in Seocho-gu. A deafening silence answered that announcement but then elite people being elite, they courteously clapped their hands. And of course, Kang Seulgi being a feisty girl that she was, marched towards the stage with her beautiful flowy dress, mockingly curtsy at her father, grabbed a spare mic and announce with that air of stubbornness around her that she would also take up Medicine with Seungyoon in Myeong Woo University, earning a stern gaze from her father, an angry look from her grandmother, and a grateful smile from Seungyoon. Trust Seulgi to always be on Seungyoon’s side, literally.

 

 

Nam Taehyun remained stoic as he nodded from time to time, politely greeting the people around him. He was right, this party was a cover up for Kang Sunghoon to announce something. Now what would it be? He scanned the room, watching as prestigious businessmen talked with each other, their wives busy chatting with each other, their children, almost same age as them Losers, were busy mingling around. He saw Minho-hyung talking to Bae Joohyun and Son Seungwan. Joohyun-sshi actually called him to join them but he excused himself, looking for the birthday girl. He still didn’t have the chance to greet Seulgi tonight.

 

“Taehyun-ah,” he felt someone tapped his shoulder, making him turned. He involuntarily smiled as he saw a woman wearing a baby blue-coloured dress that reach a few inches above her knees. She leaned towards him and pecked his cheeks, making his heart beat faster. Lee Jieun would always be his first love.

 

“Hi noona. What’s up with blue?” he teasingly asked, smiling playfully, earning a not-so-gently smacked on his arm by Jieun. She pouted and Taehyun resisted the urge to pinch her cheeks.

 

“Yah. It’s the twins’ fault. They didn’t inform me that black and white is the motif of this party,” she sulkily murmured. Taehyun just shook his head, she looked so cute, so contrary to the air of sophistication on the women in this party tonight.

 

“Does Seunghoon-hyung arrived with you?” he asask and Jieun nodded, looking around, her brows furrowed when she saw Minho grinning boyishly to a woman wearing a black dress, her beautiful straight hair up in a bun.

 

“Yeah, he’s there somewhere.” Jieun motioned her hand on the air, her eyes glued to the woman Minho was talking to. It’s the same woman who was casually talking about Nam Taehyun on Minho’s art class. The same woman Minho was seating besides when she barged in on that art class. “Who is she?” she whispered and Taehyun must have heard her because he looked at her curiously before following Jieun’s gaze.

 

“Oh that. She’s Bae Joohyun-sshi. Seulgi’s best friend,” Taehyun answered and Jieun just nodded, still staring at Joohyun.

 

“She’s beautiful,” Jieun murmured, making Taehyun’s brows creased but before he could comment, his attention, and everyone’s attention for that matter, was taken by the MC of the event, introducing the respected director of Myeong Woo University Hospital, the sly father of Kang Seungyoon and Kang Seulgi, the one and only Kang Sunghoon, ascending the few steps towards the stage. The mic was passed to him and an eerie silence echoed the beautiful hall.

 

“Good evening, I’m Kang Sunghoon,” he introduced himself with that attractive smile of his, not even bowing. “I want give my thanks to all of you for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter