The Break-up

Tangled Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kang Seulgi just finished removing her scrubs and had changed to her casual attire consist of black skirt and peach lace blouse. “Isn’t today supposed to be your off Dr. Kang?” she heard Son Seungwan asked and Seulgi smiled. She didn’t knew why but she felt at ease with their new surgical nurse.

 

“Yeah, not really, I don’t want to use my day-off and I have to be here, in case of emergency, just like what happened,” Seulgi answered and frowned. “Where the hell did Kang Seungyoon go? The surgery needed an anaesthesiologist,” she mumbled. That was her first choice as a specialty when she was still in medical school, but she changed her mind and chose thoracic surgery when her internship began. “Luckily, the surgery was a simple one and Dr. Jang arrived in the nick of time. Waah! My heart was so palpitating while on surgery a while ago, Seungwan-ah,” she sighed and she heard Seungwan giggled.

 

“Seulgi-ah, you should try being an anaesthesiologist,” Seungwan said and Seulgi shook her head.

 

“Never in my wildest dream, Seungwan-ah. I won’t wander in his territory,” Seulgi answered and frown when Seungwan didn’t answer.

 

“Really?” She froze when she felt someone stood behind her and pushed her locker door closed, putting his hand on the locker, caging her. She rolled her eyes.

 

“Where the hell did you go?!” she hissed and turned around, gasping when she realized their close proximity. She looked over Seungyoon’s shoulder and saw Seungwan observing them.

 

“It’s already late afternoon, it’s my off, Seul. And lunchtime was supposed to be your out. You’ve been working 24 hours straight. Technically, this is not yet your residency Seul. You’re just an intern, loosen up a bit,” he casually answered, brushing some strands of her hair obstructing her eyes. She glared at him and completely ignored the concern in his voice.


    
“You took a day-off knowing that there’s no available anaesthesiologist around?” she sarcastically asked, crossing her arms by her chest, still glaring at him.

 

“There are five anaesthesiologists in these hospital, Seul. What, they all have day-off at the same time?” Seungyoon asked, his hand cupping her jaw, making her stare harden.

 

“Dr. Moon had a surgery at the same time. Dr. Jang moved one of our patients to our branch hospital. Dr. Han was moved to the branch hospital, since you moved here and Dr. Keum was having a meeting with our board of directors and our father don’t do surgeries anymore,” Seulgi stated. Seungyoon shrugged. She pushed him away and was about to walk out when Seungyoon grabbed her arm, stopping her.

 

“Wanna go out with me?” he asked and Seulgi looked back to glare at him. “It’s Minho-hyung’s d-day. Seungwan-sshi, you could come with us,” he added looking at Seungwan whose eyes widen.

 

“I’m not going, and neither is Seungwan,” Seulgi answered, pulling her arm away. She smiled at Seungwan who also smiled at her.

 

“I think I want to go Seulgi-yah,” Seungwan said and Seulgi bit down the gasp forming on . She saw Seungyoon smirked. He motioned for the door and Seungwan went out first. Seungyoon was grinning and was about to follow Seungwan when Seulgi grabbed his arm.

 

“Don’t you dare play with Seungwan,” she threatened but Seungyoon just smiled. He levelled his face to her, smiling when he saw her glare.

 

“Jealous, Seul? You could come with us,” he cheekily answered and removed her grip on him. He walked away and was by the door when she heard Seulgi’s voice which made him halted.

 

“I’m still not ready to see him.”

 

Seungyoon closed his eyes and fisted his fists when he heard Seulgi’s voice. Damn, why did he became so careless? Not remembering that fact. “Oh well, I think I’ll go. Minho-oppa would surely throw a fit if I don’t go,” Seulgi said, trying to lighten her voice and mood. She smiled and walked passed him.

 

And Seulgi regretted even accepting the challenge to go to her Minho-oppa’s exhibit. This would definitely be torture. She rolled her eyes as she walked towards the hall where the art exhibit would happened. Few steps behind her was Seungyoon who kept talking and talking about his group of friends (which Seulgi named ’Losers’) to Seungwan who looked really interested. Seulgi sighed and clamped her hands together, feeling it turned clammy. You can do this, Seulgi-ah. This mantra kept repeating in her head.

 

“Seulgi-bear!!” Nam Taehyun called when Seulgi approached him, who was acting as a receptionist. Seugli glared at him and she saw Taehyun’s grin vanished. These guys were always afraid of her glares anyway, even way back their drama club era.

 

“Don’t call me that,” she hissed and snatched the pamphlet away from Taehyun before walking towards the paintings near them. Taehyun sighed and follow Seulgi by his gaze.

 

“You know that hyung is the one who first gave her that nickname, right?” Seungyoon said as he also grabbed a pamphlet and passed it to Seungwan beside him.

 

“I forgot,” Taehyun said and embarrassingly scratched the back of his neck. He stood up straight when he saw a woman behind Seungyoon. He glared at Seungyoon who cheekily smiled.

 

“Oh. Taehyun-ah, this is Seungwan-sshi, she’s a nurse at Myeong Woo,” he said and Seungwan bowed at Taehyun who also bowed.

 

“Annyeonghesayo. Son Seungwan-imnida,” she said and smiled. Taehyun just nodded and continued giving pamphlet to the other guests coming in.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter