The Dream

Tangled Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For those of you who had read Bits and Pieces, this was my MinRene one-shot entitled Love Story. I edit it out a bit to fit with the plot I had.

Dancing lights that it almost blinded her, alcoholic drinks pouring everywhere, shouts of people enjoying in the dance floor, Bae Joohyun forced herself to smile as she watched her members twirled on the dance floor. Smile, what if paparazzi were out there. Smile, what if she made a bad impression on other idols if she didn’t smile. Just freaking smile, Irene-ah, she kept repeating on her head. She was left alone on their table. Her three members were busy dancing on the floor, Yeri went to the ladies room, and here she was staring at her glass full of wine she didn't even want to drink.

 

"Hi! Mind if I join you?" Irene heard someone asked. She was about to said ‘no’ but any sound didn’t escape when she looked up to see who it was. Irene’s eyes widen and hanged open. Is this for real? He smiled and sat beside her even before she could answer.

 

"Why are you not dancing with them?" He queried and gestured at Irene’s members. Seulgi was now dancing wildly. She gently shook her head. He just grinned at her and took a sip of his drink.

 

"Ahm . . . What are you doing here?" she asked peculiarly. Irene was so curious why this guy was sitting beside her. He's from a different agency. Their enemy.

 

"You're lonely. I thought of accompanying you," he replied and Irene just nodded her head. Something was clearly off. Winner's Mino wouldn't just sit beside Red Velvet's Irene. She looked at him and she didn't realize she was eyeing him seriously until he chuckled.

 

"Don't look at me like that," he said and lightly shook his head. Irene’s brows creased at what he stated.

 

"Look like what?" she asked, not really sure how she stared at him. She was just intrigued, anyway.

 

"You're curious, aren't you? Why am I sitting here with you?" He added. She nodded in agreement.

 

"Why exactly are you sitting here beside me when you could party with all your friends?" Irene asked while she looked around and saw his friends partying and having so much fun.

 

"I like you," he answered which really caught her off guard. If her eyes could fall out its sockets, it would be on the floor already. Irene thought she heard it off the mark.

 

“Y-you w-what?" she stammered and his smile grew wider. Irene felt her cheeks grew hot. She was actually blushing? The hell!

 

"You're so cute.  And yeah, I like you," he said which made her seized the wine glass and drank its content, bottoms up. Irene started to fan her face using her hand.

 

"Haha. That's not a good joke," she said and forced herself to laugh. What games is he playing now? He grabbed Irene’s hand which shock her and stared straight into her eyes.

 

“I like you," he whispered. "And I'll do everything for you to like me, too."

 

Irene innocently pulled her hand away. "Are you drunk?" she asked. Oh come on. This couldn't be true. He was obviously not sober. Or was Irene the one who was already drunk? How come the guy she like, likes her, too? "How did he likes me? Did he knew I like him, too?" she mumbled, not realizing she said it out loud until she heard Mino laughed. Her eyes widen. Way to go Bae Joohyun. She wished the earth would eat her now.

 

"Good. Our feelings are mutual," he laughingly said and pat her head. He downed his drink and offered his hand. "Wanna get out of here?" he asked.

 

xxxxxxxxx

 

"Bae Joohyun!! Where the hell did you go?! You're just coming home?!"  Kang Seulgi shouted as Irene close the front door of their dorm. She saw Seulgi standing in the center of the living room, arms crossed on her chest while her other members were seated on the sofa. Oh-oh. Trouble. Trouble. Trouble.

 

"Ahm. I'm. .  I. . . I went home," Irene answered while fidgeting. She was actually praying that they would be convinced though she should doubt it. She was never good at lying in the first place.

               

"You didn't go home, Unnie. Don't you dare lie to me!" Seulgi shouted and Yeri went besides her to calm her down.

 

"Unnie, Taehyun said you were with Mino-oppa last night," Wendy informed them.

 

"We saw you went out the bar with him," Joy added.

 

"Where did the two of you go, unnie?" Yeri asked.

 

"Ahm . . . his condo?" Irene whispered but due to the silence, she knew they heard her loud and clear.

 

"You went to his apartment?" Joy reacted.

 

"Unnie don't tell me you . . . you didn't . . . sleep with him, did you?" Wendy cautiously asked.

 

Irene hide her face using her hair and lowered her head in response. She couldn't really answer but she guess silence really means yes.

 

"You did?! Are you seriously out of your mind? Do you really want our Sajangnim to kill you?!" Seulgi shrieked and grabbed her own hair in frustration.

 

Irene cautiously went near Seulgi. She seized Seulgi’s two hands. "Seul, he likes me. It's gonna be fine," Irene said, trying to reassure her but Irene guess she was doing a bad job about it.

 

"Are you even thinking straight?! It's not gonna be fine.” Seulgi rolled her eyes and sat on the couch. Irene looked at her other members for help but looked like she was alone in this fight.

 

"Unnie, Seulgi is right. If media got the hang about this, it would be a scandal which would ruin you. Or ruin us or worst, ruin his group," Wendy said while the others nodded in approval.

 

"But. He likes me. Are you even listening to me? The guy I like, likes me, too. Guys, aren't you even happy for me?" Irene asked and forced herself not to cry. Crap. She knew she sound so selfish right now but she couldn’t help it. He likes her. For the first time, someone appreciated her for who she was.

 

"We are. We're happy for you, Unnie. But he's not the one for you," Yeri said. Irene laughed bitterly and looked at them.

 

"Why is there always a ‘but’ in everything revolving around me?" Irene was beautiful but not really that extraordinary beautiful. Irene was good at rapping but she still need improvements. She’s good at dancing but she still needs more practice. There's always a ‘but’.

 

Joy stood up and cupped Irene’s cheeks. "Unnie, please try to understand. We are just starting in this industry. I really want you to be happy. But Mino-oppa is just not the one for you," she added.

 

"Sooyoungie, he likes me," Irene said, trying to get through her point to them. She grabbed Joy's hand. Joy just smiled sadly.

 

"Yeah. He likes you. Did you ever wonder how many women heard that line from him? Did you even remember that you're older than him?" Seulgi exclaimed, every word felt like cutting through Irene’s heart.

 

"So our is also an issue now?" Irene asked and she felt tears forming in the back of my eyes. She shook her head to stop it from even pouring down.

 

"No. Gah, am I not even getting through you?! I know you love him. God I know you like him ever since you paired up with him on our collab before. But please think rationally. Please," Seulgi ranted and walked out of the living room, straight to their room.

 

Yeri and Wendy approached Irene and Joy. "Seulgi is just concerned. We are concern, Unnie. That guy is bad news. Please stray away from him," Wendy said.

 

"I don't want to say this but if you meet with him again, I'll tell manager-oppa about this," Yeri seriously said. She then hugged Irene. "We love you Unnie but Mino-oppa is obviously a player. I don't wanna see you get hurt," she added.

 

"Plus the two of you would never happened. SM hates YG. Please don't contact him again Unnie," Joy said.

 

“Unnie, please we trust you. Don't ever meet Mino-oppa again," Wendy said and Irene couldn't do anything but nodded.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter