The Ex

Tangled Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was past nine in the evening. Jinwoo slowly punched their apartment’s passkey and gently opened the door. He bit his lower lip when he saw that the lights were still on in their living room. He removed his sneakers and replaced it with his house slippers and as he entered the living room, she saw Kim Yerim sitting on the floor, beside the coffee table. There were several books opened, some were stacks beside her, her notebook opened and she was busy writing.

 

“Yerim-ah?” Jinwoo softly called but Yerim didn’t even budged. He carefully went near her. He was actually cautious, who knew if Yerim was angry. He was so late. He promised her before that he would always come home and they would eat dinner together. Ever since their parents died in a car crash when he was still in high school, and Yerim was still an elementary pupil, they moved to this apartment using the money their parents left them, he promised that they would always eat dinner together. And even though he tried his best, between the two of them, Yerim was always the matured one, and he was the childish one. He even sometimes feel like she was his mother, by the way she acts.

 

“Princess?” he softly called which finally caught Yerim’s attention. She always hated his petname for her. Yerim’s eyes widen when she saw his brother.

 

“Oppa?!” she exclaimed, obviously surprised. Jinwoo was crossing his fingers, hoping Yerim wouldn’t be angry.

 

“You seem so engrossed in what you’re doing. Homework?” Jinwoo asked, trying to open a topic and testing if Yerim was indeed angry, but it seems like she’s distracted.

 

“Anii. It’s nothing,” Yerim quickly answered and hurriedly closed her notebooks and the books around her. Jinwoo’s brows furrowed because of this. Yerim was acting strange. He picked up a book near him and read the title aloud.

 

“‘Déjà vu: Do Dreams Predict the Future?’ Huh?” Jinwoo looked at her sister who was obviously fidgeting.

 

“It’s nothing, oppa. I’m just researching,” Yerim explained grabbed the book away and stack it far from Jinwoo’s reach. Jinwoo, however, grabbed some books near him. He frowned, seeing the titles of the books. ‘Parallel Timelines-Time Travel’. ‘Past-Life Hypnosis: Accessing Past Lives You Never Knew You Lived’, ‘Multiple Timelines in Parallel Universe Could Make Time Travel Possible’.

 

“Wow. Those are interesting topics, Yerim-ah,” Jinwoo commented and smiled at her sister but Yerim wasn’t smiling at all. She looked anxious, and tired. She got bags under her eyes. Jinwoo didn’t see her this weary, not even when their parents died. He scoot near her and cupped her cheeks. “Is there something wrong? You know you could tell oppa everything. Oppa would do everything for his princess,” he softly stated and he saw how Yerim’s eyes moistened by her tears.

 

“Oppa,” she whispered and suddenly hugged her brother. Jinwoo was dumbfounded but reacted quickly and embraced her sister. And there Kim Yerim cried and cried on his brother’s shoulder. And as the minutes passed and her tears didn’t stop, Jinwoo was panicking already, his Yerim was never this emotional. He had to find out what was happening to make his strong sister cry like this.

 

 

The next day…

 

“Why am I here again?” Seungwan playfully asked as she sip her favourite frapped inside a coffee shop. Se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter