Best friend?

So called it love

Jessica’s POV

 

I called Taeyeon in the morning as she picked up on the first ring.

 

“Hello”

 

“Taeyeon…sorry for making you worry”

 

I said. Her voice isn’t look great.

 

“It’s okay. How are you now? Everything good? Yuri was looking for you”

 

She told me.

 

“Yeah. I met with her last night. Sorry that I couldn’t call you back”

 

She got quiet for a while.

 

“Did you eat? Shall we eat breakfast together? I have something to talk to you”

 

Taeyeon said as I stared at Yuri who was sleeping innocently on my bed.

 

“How about lunch? Yuri was sleeping now”

 

She got quiet again before she spoke.

 

“I will be waiting you at cafeteria”

 

I went to shower after I talked with Taeyeon. I was so tired. Actually, I don’t wanna go to school today. I don’t wanna face all these haters. When I went out from the shower, I saw Yuri sitting on the bed with her innocent smile which is welcoming me.

 

“Morning babe”

 

I smiled automatically as I can feel that my cheek is burning. I am with my body just covering with bath towels and wet.

 

“Morning”

 

I answered shyly as she giggled with her prettiest smile.

 

“Are you shy? You look pretty”

 

What she said make me shy more as I quickly took my clothes and ran back to bathroom. She was giggling at my action.

 

“You are so cute, babe”

 

Yuri like coffee too much. She doesn’t feel good if she doesn’t drink coffee every morning. But I really can’t drink coffee. My heart got crazy every time I drink coffee. So, I drink hot chocolate.

 

“You are just a kid”

 

She laughed while staring at me drinking hot chocolate at the Starbucks.

 

“Well…adult”

 

I rolled my eyes as she laughed. I hoped the buries on her face will recover soon. She was sipping her americano as she was trying to smile and talk to me, but I can see the pain behind her smile.

 

“Do you have class today? What’s your plan?”

 

I asked her because I have class soon.

 

“Yeah…but I may skip. I am going home, figuring out some works. As you can see, I need to rest”

 

She laughed while pointing out her buries.

 

“Is it still hurt?”


I extended my hand as I placed my hand on her cheeks. She said like a joke, but I know how much pain she got. She smiled widely as she shook her head. Then we walked together to the school building before she left.

 

Taeyeon was sitting at her usual place as I said Hi with my eyes before I went to my seat. She smiled and waved at me back.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

Taeyeon asked me worriedly as soon as the class was over. So, we headed to cafeteria.

 

“I am fine. Sorry, I didn’t call you back last night. My battery was lost”

 

“I was worried”

 

“I need to mad at you not telling me that you are going to your hometown”

 

I questioned to Taeyeon. At least, she should have told me, right? She is my best friend.

 

“I was stressed out these days”

 

She said with sad face. I can hear the sadness in her voice.

 

“What happened? Why don’t you come to me? When I was stressed out or have some problems, I always come to you”

 

I am sad that I didn’t know that my bestie was suffering. At least, she should tell me, right?

 

“It’s nothing. I am just burn out from studying. Don’t worry. I will come to you next time”

 

Taeyeon smiled weakly so I gave her a hug.