Chapter 3

Be My Fake Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sunlight crept into Donghae’s room through the window and onto his face, waking him up from his deep slumber. He sat up and stretched his arms as he yawned, before glancing at the clock on the wall to see it was 8 a.m. It was his day off from work since today was a weekend day. Getting out from the bed, he headed to the bathroom to take a quick shower. After doing his morning routine, he made his way out from the room and that was when he heard noises from the kitchen. He freaked out a bit since as far as he knew, his maid had quitted not long ago. But then he remembered Hana spending her night here last night due to discuss further about their pretend relationship they had been agreeing to. Assuming that Hana was the one in the kitchen, he made his way towards there.

“What are you doing?” Donghae asked once he reached the kitchen, approaching her. His voice that suddenly filled the silence atmosphere shocked Hana who was engrossed waiting for the bread to toast.

“Uhh...I’m making toasts. I’m sorry for using the kitchen without your permission,” she said.

“It’s okay. I don’t mind about it,” he said as he sat on the stool at the kitchen countertop.

“Breakfast is ready~” she announced as she put two plates in which each contained two toasts in front of Donghae. After pouring a teapot of coffee into two cups, she put one of the cups in front of Donghae and another cup for herself as she took a seat on the stool beside him.

“I’ve told my mom that we’ll come over tonight to eat dinner there,” Donghae started off as he took a bite of the toast. “So now you need to know how rich people eat.” Right after saying that, he stood up and grabbed a spoon, fork and knife from the kitchen counter while being watched by Hana, then he took a seat back.

“What is this?” he asked as he showed her a spoon in his hand.

Hana rolled her eyes. “I’m not that stupid, you know. Of course it’s a spoon,” she said matter-of-factly.

Donghae chuckled a little. “Good. How about this?” he asked, this time showing her a fork.

“Fork”

“Excellent!” he chirped. “This?” he said with a hint of amusement in his voice.

“Knife”

“Good! So now show me how you eat the toast using these,” he handed her the utensils.

“B-But...whenever I eat toast, usually I will only take it by hand and shove it into my mouth. Except for the spoon, I rarely used any utensils even when I ate any food. I usually used chopsticks," she clarified.

“That’s why I want to know how you would use it and how you can improve from it,” he calmly explained.

Hana hesitantly took the utensils and held it cluelessly. She then looked at him as if quietly pleading him to teach her already but he only nodded, motioning her to start eating with those utensils. She sighed and looked at those three utensils. After contemplating for a while, she chose the spoon and fork to use for cutting the toast and put away the small knife.

“It’s wrong. You should’ve chosen the knife instead of the spoon,” he corrected her.

“Ahh~” she nodded in understanding as she put away the spoon and took the knife back.

“Now cut the toast using both of them,” Donghae instructed, taking a bite of the toast in his hand as his eyes fixed on her, particularly her hands.

Hana did like what she was told to with an awkward position of her hands holding the utensils, and that earned a soft chuckle from Donghae who watched her.

“That’s not how you do it,” Donghae said as he stood up from his seat and walked over to her. Standing behind her and bowing a little to have their faces in the same level, he reached out for her hands that were holding the utensils and corrected her hands’ position. His position now seemed like he was hugging her from behind and his hands touching hers made her heart wavering. That didn’t include how his face only had a little gap away from hers. One wrong move would make their cheeks touched. That’s for sure.

He was busy explaining to her about her hands’ position when holding the utensils but what she could hear was only her heartbeats which seemed to be in an unusual pace. His manly scent only made her breath faster and the fact that their faces were just an inch away from each other made her heart increase its pace.

“Understand?”

In her frozen condition, she saw him looking at her from the corner of her eyes and in response she looked at him back and her heart instantly stopped when their noses lightly brushed each other. Donghae also looked shocked by the unexpected skin contact and he froze in his position, mesmerized by how beautiful her eyes were from the close distance.

They ended up staring at each other for a while, stunned, until Donghae came back to his senses as he instantly distanced himself away from her while his hand practically landed on the back of his neck, rubbing on it lightly.

“Uh...well, I guess you’ve understood.” That was what he said before he awkwardly moved to his seat back.

And they ended up eating their breakfast in the middle of an awkward silence and that was all because their hearts seemed to take a little bit too long to come back to their usual speed.

 

 

“What are you doing? You’re a guest here,” Donghae said when he saw Hana washing the dishes after they finished their breakfast.

“It’s okay. I’ve owed you a lot so just let me do this in return,” she replied, flashing him a brief smile before she continued with what she was doing.

Donghae remained silent as he watched her doing the dishes. “Shall I help you?” he asked after a while in silence. Before Hana could answer, he already grabbed one of the plates on the sink and washed it together with her.

Hana looked at him as a small smile crept on the corner of her lips. Donghae, who noticed her looking at him, raised an eyebrow at her. “What?” he asked as he continued with what he was doing.

“Nothing,” she replied as she continued washing the dishes, a small smile still visible on her lips. “You’re...kind,” she stated out of the blue.

“What makes you think like that?” Donghae responded, smiling upon hearing her statement.

“Well, you kno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter