Chapter 14

Be My Fake Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun rays that poured directly onto Donghae’s face woke him up from his deep slumber. As he lifted his arm to rub his eyes, that was when he noticed that there was someone lying beside him. But unlike the previous day, he wasn’t surprised this time. In fact, a small smile took over his lips soon after his eyes landed on Hana's beautiful, angel-like face.

He stared at her for God knew how long with his eyes full with admiration. That was when a flashback of what had happened yesterday flashed through his eyes.

FLASHBACK

Donghae was too shocked with his action kissing Hana the previous morning that it kept playing in his mind which affected him the whole day. Thus, he decided to confess it to his best friend, Eunhyuk. 

The place Donghae and Eunhyuk decided to meet up was at Eunhyuk’s place – it was Donghae’s suggestion as he was in a rush. Once Donghae arrived there, Eunhyuk invited him to take a seat on the couch. He sat beside Donghae, who seemed to space out, and looked at the latter questioningly.

“So, what’s so urgent till you want me to cancel my date with my beloved girlfriend?” Eunhyuk started off. He expected Donghae to roll his eyes at the mention of his beloved girlfriend but he ended up wrong when Donghae continued to be in a dazed condition which got Eunhyuk worried.

“Donghae ah, are you okay?” he asked in concern.

Silence.

Donghae looked up at Eunhyuk with a serious expression but he didn’t know how to start it off.

“Hey, you alright?” Eunhyuk waved his hand in front of Donghae’s face.

Donghae blinked and opened his mouth only to close it back later on.

“Hey, spill it out!” Eunhyuk insisted. From his observation, Donghae seemed to be in a big big so big problem and he couldn’t help but get more worried for the latter.

“H-Hana...” Donghae finally voiced out.

“What’s with her?” Eunhyuk responded almost immediately in a concerned tone.

“I....I.....I k-kissed her,” Donghae eventually spilled it out and his words made Eunhyuk’s jaw drop in an instant. That was not what he expected to come out from Donghae’s mouth. “I-I don’t know what I was doing. Last night I was drunk and the next morning, I don’t know how, I woke up with her somehow in my arms,” Donghae explained when he only got a shocked look from the latter.

His explanation only made Eunhyuk’s jaw drop wider as he eyed Donghae with wide eyes.

“N-?” Eunhyuk blurted in somewhat horror.

“No!” Donghae quickly denied, feeling his cheeks flushing at the single word. “We wore clothes. And I’m sure we didn’t do anything last night. But...” Donghae trailed off as he gulped when he reminisced back the moment his lips met hers.

“But what?” Eunhyuk seemed interested and anticipated for his next words.

“She slept in my arms. I looked at her. And then... the next thing I know, I....I kissed her,” Donghae sounded like whispering as he mentioned the last few words.

“On the lips?” Eunhyuk inquired.

Donghae nodded. “I don’t know what came over me at that time. Why did I do that? I-I don’t know!” he said, seemed scared.

Eunhyuk stared at Donghae for a while and then scoffed. “That’s the so-called urgent thing, you said?” he looked at his friend as if he was nuts.

“Of course,” Donghae answered.

Eunhyuk scoffed once again. “You’ve gotta be kidding me? You asked me why you kissed her?” he looked at the latter incredulously.

“Are you deaf?” Donghae blurted out in exasperation and that only caused Eunhyuk to scoff once again.

“Donghae, Donghae. You’re an idiot, you know that?” Eunhyuk smirked.

“Be serious. I’m in need of your help right now!” Donghae said almost desperately.

“Pabo!” Eunhyuk playfully smacked Donghae on the head. “Even kindergarten kids would know why you kissed her, pabo!”

“And why is that?” Donghae cluelessly inquired while rubbing the spot Eunhyuk had smacked him earlier.

“It’s because you’ve fallen for her! You like her!” Eunhyuk said in a loud voice as if announcing it to the world.

Donghae fell silent, in a daze. “No. I don’t,” he replied after a while as he frowned a little.

“You do,” Eunhyuk insisted and sighed. “You know what, it’s your mind telling you that you don’t like her. But your heart? It’s telling you that you’ve fallen for her. You only have to open your heart to realize it,” he said and when he found Donghae remain silent, he added later on, “Move on, Donghae. I told you the same thing last night. Jessica is just a history for you. She’s moved on since a long time ago, but you? Until when will you remain being like this? It’s the time for you to live your life and get your own happiness. You’re 30 for god’s sake. I can’t believe you still can’t get over your first love at the age of 30─Nope. I’m sure your heart has gotten over it. But not your mind. Or maybe both of them have gotten over it, only you yourself haven’t yet. Because of what? Because you keep thinking backwards, about your past, not thinking forwards, about your future.”

Donghae fell silent hearing Eunhyuk’s words as he was deep in his own thoughts. He had to admit that what Eunhyuk had said could be true. But what he wasn’t sure was the part where Eunhyuk said that he liked Hana. Does he really like Hana? He didn’t know. He couldn’t tell it. Like what Eunhyuk had said just now; he had to open his heart. But how?

“About you kissing Hana, ask yourself how that could happen. Only you have the answer. I don’t,” Eunhyuk said and stared at Donghae softly. “Even though I already told you the answer...” he mumbled softly but loud enough for Donghae to hear it.

“B-But I don’t know if I really like her or not,” Donghae said.

“You kissed her. Is that not obvious enough?” Eunhyuk raised his eyebrow.

“I mean, I want something stronger to make me confident that I like her.”

Eunhyuk was silent for a while, pondering. “Do you really want something stronger?” he raised an eyebrow as he questioned it.

Donghae nodded in reply.

“Kiss her again tonight.”

END OF FLASHBACK

And that was how the last night event between him and Hana happened. That explained that Donghae wasn’t drunk last night. He’d only pretended to be drunk. Because that was the only way for him to do what Eunhyuk had suggested to him ; kiss her again tonight.

Remembering back the feelings he’d gotten during the kiss that he’d shared with Hana last night. Only one word could describe it. Heaven.

It had been a long time since he kissed someone like that, with his whole heart and love. And it had been a long time since he felt such wonderful feelings. Only Hana could give him such feelings right now. And somehow he felt blessed for that. And now he could admit that he liked her, thanks to Eunhyuk.

But...did she share the same feelings as him?

His face darkened as the thought came across his mind. What if she doesn’t? He thought and unconsciously pouted. He didn’t like having one-sided love. It’d surely make him suffer inside.

Suddenly his mind came back to replaying the kiss that they had shared together last night. And that was when he remembered the moment she had responded to his kiss, the feeling of her lips brushing against his, how her lips captured his in between hers. Unknowingly, a smile came back to his lips.

If she doesn’t like me, she would push me away, right? She wouldn’t kiss me back, right? He thought, smiling from ear to ear as he unconsciously pulled her even closer into his chest. God, now that he had realized his feelings for her, he felt absolutely happy being this close to her. It was not that he didn’t like being close with her before. He liked it but he liked it much more now.

Suddenly, he felt her moving a little. Thinking that she might wake up right then, he immediately closed his eyes pretending to sleep.

Hana stirred up a bit before her eyes slowly opened. Once her sight got clearer, her eyes immediately widened when the first thing she saw was Donghae’s face. She quietly gasped and looked at the surroundings and found out later that she was in Donghae’s room. Then, the kiss that they’d shared together last night practically came across her mind, making her cheeks redden in an instant.

She then looked down at their bodies which seemed to have no gap in between, and that made her blush harder. She averted her gaze up back on his face and her eyes softened at how peaceful he looked while ‘sleeping’. A small smile crept in the corner of her lips as she stared at him with full of love and adoration in her eyes and unknowingly, one of her hands reached out and softly caressed his soft cheek.

As she was doing that while staring at him lovingly, she was caught off guard when he suddenly opened his eyes. With that, she quickly pulled her hand away from his cheek and stiffened looking at hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter