Chapter 16

Be My Fake Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hana’s eyes fluttered open at the sound of birds chirping and the sun rays that crept through the curtain. She stretched her body and yawned, somehow feeling her body unusually weak and her head aching slightly. Suddenly, the event from yesterday came into her mind, making her stop whatever she was doing and stared at the white ceiling in realization. That was when she realized the unfamiliar surroundings around her. She immediately shot up on the bed and observed her surroundings, fear and panic written all over her face. She was in a bedroom, a spacious bedroom, but she was sure that this wasn’t the bedroom she usually woke up to in Donghae’s place. It was different.

She looked down on her body and found out that she was wearing her clothes but not the clothes she wore the previous day. She froze, couldn’t help from having negative thoughts over the possibility of what had happened to her yesterday.

‘Where am I? Why am I here? How can I be here?’ she thought in fear. The last time she remembered, it was raining and she was heading to the bus stop. That was all she could remember. She felt so scared right now that the throbbing pain in her head was nothing.

Suddenly, the door of the bedroom opened and she immediately snapped her head towards the direction. Her eyes widened upon seeing the figure that was entering the room.

“Kyuhyun sshi...” she whispered in utter shock.

“Oh, you’ve woken up,” he noted and smiled warmly as he approached her. He stopped by the bed and chuckled lightly upon seeing her terrified look. “Don’t be scared. I didn’t do anything to you. I saw you faint yesterday so I brought you here in my place,” he informed.

Upon hearing that, a relieved breath escaped . “Ahh...thank you,” she said and smiled faintly.

“The last time I checked, you were having a fever. Are you feeling better now?” he asked in concern. Without waiting for her reply, he reached out and placed a hand on her forehead. She flinched a little. “You’re still burning,” he stated as he pulled his hand away from her forehead.

“I’ve cooked porridge for you. I’ll take it for you.” He was about to walk away when she suddenly took a hold of his wrist. With that, he stopped in his tracks and turned towards her.

“It’s okay. I think I better leave now,” she said but before she could get off the bed, Kyuhyun held her shoulders.

“Wait!” Kyuhyun said, pausing her from continuing her action. “You wouldn’t be going anywhere before your fever subsided,” he said softly yet sternly to her.

“It’s okay. I don’t wanna trouble you,” she spoke.

“You aren’t troubling me,” he retorted. “Now rest.”

“But...”

“If you thank me for what I’ve done to you yesterday, you wouldn’t leave before I let you to.”

Hana fell silent.

“Rest. I’ll be right back,” he said for the last time before he left the room.

Hana sighed and rested her head back on the pillow as she felt her head spinning. She didn’t know why but Kyuhyun gave her a different vibe today, unlike usual being flirtatious he was.

Not long after that, Kyuhyun came back with a tray containing a bowl of porridge and a glass of water. As he was putting the tray on the bedside table, Hana stared at him without blinking. The sight was so familiar to her. It reminded her of the day where she was sick and Donghae took care of her. Before she knew it, her tears welled up in her eyes. Realizing that, she quickly blinked it back preventing it from escaping her eyes.

Kyuhyun sat on the edge of the bed, handing her a glass of water. She took it and thanked him before drinking it down. When he was about to feed her, she insisted on feeding herself and Kyuhyun allowed her to, not forgetting to remind her about the hot porridge.

He stared at her as she was slowly eating, reading her facial expression. “How is it? Does it taste terrible?” he inquired with a hint of worry. Knowing how terrible his cooking skill was, of course he had to worry over the one who was eating the food he made.

“Nope. It’s delicious,” she said sincerely, smiling a little.

Kyuhyun smiled in relief upon hearing that. “Good then,” he mumbled.

“Do you want some?” she offered just to be polite.

“Umm...only if you feed me,” he winked, coming back to his flirty mood.

His words got her flustered, suddenly regretting for offering such things to him. Kyuhyun chuckled at her reaction and waved his hands off in denial.

“No, no. I was just joking,” he clarified.

And Hana started to calm back and smiled in response. Then, silence took over the atmosphere again. She continued eating back meanwhile Kyuhyun continued staring at her. Hana felt a bit uncomfortable at his intent stare but she tried to ignore it and just focused on the porridge though she had no appetite to eat.

“Can I ask you something?” Hana suddenly broke the silence.

“Yes. Sure,” he answered, seemingly happy that she wanted to ask him a question.

“Uhm...If I’m not mistaken, yesterday I wore different clothes. How....” she didn’t complete her question but she somehow knew that Kyuhyun would understand what her actual question was.

“Oh, that! Don’t worry. I’m not the one who changed your clothes. I called my girl friend to do that. If I did that, I doubt I could control myself,” he mumbled the last part and lucky enough Hana didn’t hear him.

“Ahh...” Hana nodded in response. “Thank you once again for yesterday,” she gratefully said.

“You’re very welcome,” he replied gleefully.

Then silence filled the room again.

“Can I ask you something?” It was Kyuhyun’s turn to break the silence after a while.

She stopped eating and looked up at him, nodding in reply.

“Why were you alone yesterday?” he asked. “I mean, usually I saw you with Donghae,” he quickly added.

Hana was silent, thinking for the answer to give him. After a while, she finally answered, “Uhm...let’s just say we’ve broken up.”

“Ahh...I’m sorry,” he apologized.

“No, you don’t need to,” she quickly replied. She and Donghae had never been in any kind of relationship in the first place so Kyuhyun really didn’t need to apologize for it.

“I saw you bring a huge bag along with you yesterday. Where were you supposed to go if you didn’t end up here?” he asked.

His question once again got her silent.

“I...I don’t know...” she decided to just be honest with him since her contract with Donghae had officially ended.

And now it was her answer that got him silent.

“You don’t have a house?” he asked.

“I had one before. But it was a rented one. Since I didn’t pay the rent for such a long time, that’s why I got kicked out,” she said and flashed him a bitter smile.

“Oh...If you don’t min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter