Chapter 11

Be My Fake Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The morning was rather peaceful, birds chirping merrily along with Hana who was humming happily while preparing breakfast for Donghae like usual. She was making omelettes for breakfast today and she hoped Donghae would be okay with it.

After she was done making breakfast, she waited for Donghae at the dining table. Tapping her fingers on the table, she glanced at the clock on the wall when she found Donghae took longer than usual to come out. It was already 7.30 a.m and usually he’d have gone to work by this time.

“Has he woken up yet?” she asked herself, contemplating for a while before she stood on her feet.  “Maybe he hasn’t,” she thought and made her way towards Donghae’s room and knocked on the door.

She paused only to hear silence.

“Donghae sshi,” she called and knocked on the door harder than before but the same thing happened again. Silence.

‘Shall I get in?’ she thought, staring at the doorknob thoughtfully. Donghae never disallowed her from entering his room but still, she doubted he would allow it either. But if she didn’t get in and woke him up, he was going to be late for work.

After contemplating for a while, she decided to get into the room. She slowly twisted the doorknob and once the door opened, the first thing she saw was Donghae was still sleeping on the bed like what she had expected. She slowly walked into the room and made her way to the bed and once she arrived, a small smile instantly crept in the corner of her lips upon seeing how cute and peaceful he looked when sleeping.

“Donghae sshi,” she called out softly and shook his arm rather gently.

No response.

“Donghae sshi. Wake up,” she spoke, shaking his arm a little bit harder than before but still he didn’t move an inch.

She sighed. What a heavy sleeper he was!

She patiently shook his arm again and kept calling his name telling him to wake up without giving up. She stopped when he finally stirred in his sleep, his face scrunching up making him look cuter than ever and Hana couldn’t help but stare at him in adoration. She was caught off guard when he suddenly grabbed her hand which was still on his arm. And the next thing she knew, he placed her hand on top of his cheek, making her eyes widen and her heart to skip a million beats.

“Call me oppa. Oppa,” he mumbled, his eyes still shut closed and hearing that only made her heart beat faster than ever. The fact that her hand was on top of his soft cheek, the feeling was like they were so close like there was no gap between them. And it made her feel breathless.

Feeling rather uncomfortable with the unexpected skin contact, she slowly pulled her hand away from his cheek and that woke Donghae up from his sleep. He looked shocked upon seeing her there.

“What are you doing here?” he asked, looking at her with his half-opened eyes.

“Uhh...I-I tried to w-wake you up. Y-You’re gonna be late,” she stammered badly.

With that, Donghae looked at the clock on the wall and his eyes widened upon finding out what time it was. With that, he instantly got off the bed and stormed off to the bathroom as fast as lightning. Hana eyed him before her eyes averted to her hand which had just touched his soft cheek. The feeling of the softness of his cheek was still lingering on her palm, causing her to feel butterflies inside her stomach.

‘This is wrong. This feeling is wrong.’

 

 

She waited for Donghae at the dining table while waiting for him to get ready. She stood up from her seat when he finally came out of his room and approached the dining table.

“Y-You aren’t going to have breakfast first?” she asked.

“I think so. Sorry,” he smiled apologetically at her, fixing his tie.

“It’s okay. Goodbye,” she awkwardly bowed at him and once she stood upright, she eyed him leaving after he replied to her with a brief ‘goodbye’. Before the door closed, she noticed him taking a brief glance at her before closing the door.

Donghae pouted once the door was closed. He didn’t know why but he was a little bit disappointed that she didn’t send him off to the door like how she’d usually done everyday. He also noticed that she was not being as cheerful as she was before. She unusually seemed awkward today and he wondered about it. Did she have any problem? Or did he do something wrong to her? Did he offend her somehow? He didn’t know for sure. Maybe he should settle about this with her once he returned from work later.

 

“Oppa~”

Donghae looked up from his screen computer once the familiar and annoying voice filled the atmosphere. As expected, Yoona came to his sight soon after, making him roll his eyes.

“What are you doing here?” he asked coldly, a small frown creeping on his face.

“To have lunch with you, of course,” Yoona said cutely as she shamelessly took a seat across him without being invited. “I brought you food too. I made it myself, you know,” she added and took out the container from the paper bag that she brought along with her. She placed it on the table.

Donghae looked at her emotionlessly while she smiled expectantly at him.

“Yoona sshi, I think you don’t need to come here anymore,” he said.

“Why?” she started to pout.

“You know why. I’ve a girlfriend, remember? What would she say if she saw us together like this?”

“Who cares? If she doesn’t like it then she should just give up. She doesn’t even suit you though,” she rolled her eyes.

He narrowed his eyes at her. He didn’t know why but her words somehow pissed him off, especially the last part. “Get out from my office,” Donghae said calmly and emotionlessly but there was a hint of coldness in his tone.

Yoona was a bit shocked at his command but still said, "I don't want to—"

“NOW!” he yelled, cutting her off.

Yoona flinched in response and immediately stood up from her seat, narrowing her eyes at Donghae.

“Remember, Donghae. I would never give up on you. Don’t ever think you and your so-called girlfriend would live peacefully. I would never allow it to happen. Keep that in your mind,” she hissed before she stormed out of the office, bringing along with her the paper bag contained the container filled with food that was supposedly made for Donghae.

Once Yoona disappeared from his sight, he heaved a sigh of relief. He hoped she wouldn’t come to his office again. He didn’t like it one bit.

Suddenly, his phone beeped, signalling that he got a new text. He grabbed his phone and opened the message which he found out later that it was from Eunhyuk. The friend of his told him through the text that he couldn’t go to lunch with him today because he was going to have lunch with his new girlfriend. He scrunched up his face after reading the text at the fact he had no friend to eat today.

That was until Hana’s image flashed through his eyes, making his eyes instantly sparkle. Smirking, he turned his laptop off and stood up, shoving his phone into his pocket on the way of getting out of the room.

The doorbell rang and Hana quickly ran to the door, expecting Donghae on the other side of the door. Once the door was opened, her face instantly turned to a confused one when she saw no one outside the house like what she had expected. But then something on the floor right in front of her feet caught her eyes and her eyebrows creased when she found that it was a bouquet of red roses. She leaned down and took it up, eyeing it confusedly.

“Who did send this?” she asked herself and looked outside, left and right, to see if there was anyone nearby. She found out later that there was no one there except her herself. She looked at the bouquet back and found a small card inside it. She took it out and read the content of it in the middle of closing the door back.

Hi, sweetheart! How are you? I miss you so much and hope these roses will bring happiness to you! Remember, I’d never give up on you and you’ll always be in my heart. Remember that. Annyeong~!

Your future husband,
Kyuhyun.

Upon reading the name of the sender, she gulped. She tried to deny the fact that the roses were for her, but when she remembered back how Kyuhyun had acted as if he was having a crush on her, it made her difficult to deny that. Impossible

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter