Chapter 13

Be My Fake Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days later...

“Where are you going?” Hana asked when she saw Donghae heading to the door with his casual shirt and jeans.

“I’m gonna hang out with my friend for a while. Don’t wait for me,” That was the last time he said before he made his way out of the apartment.

Hana sighed, staring at the direction where she last saw Donghae. Today, he was better than before; he didn’t miss lunch and dinner. And he spent more time watching television in the living room with her so she wasn’t lonely. She felt relieved that he didn’t take long recovering from his fever. However, she noticed that he wasn’t as lively as before. It was not that he was so lively before. It was just he became quieter than usual, barely talking. And she guessed he was going out for a drink to release his tension.

She slept at usual time without waiting for Donghae to come back since he’d told her so. As she was soundly sleeping, suddenly the doorbell rang engulfing the silent night. The doorbell continuously and repeatedly rang throughout the apartment waking Hana up from her deep slumber.

She, half-awaked, sat up on the bed, wondering who was the person outside. She wasn’t sure if Donghae had returned home yet. But, if it wasn’t Donghae, then who would come here in the middle of night?

In the middle of getting off the bed, she wondered why Donghae pressed the doorbell when he knew the passcode of the apartment. Getting out of the bedroom, the sound of the non-stop doorbell became clearer as she hastily rushed to the door. Right after she opened it, Donghae first came to her sight.

“What took you so long?” he slurred, stumbling as he walked into the apartment.

“Are you drunk?” she questioned after closing the door and immediately got a grip of his arm when she saw him tripping on his own feet, saving him from falling. “You’re drunk,” she noted, slinging his arm around her neck and her other arm wrapped around his waist as she walked him up to his room. Once they got into Donghae’s bedroom, she brought him to the bed and helped him lay down on it. Suddenly, she found herself losing her balance and the next thing she knew, she was falling onto her stomach.

“Ugh!” a groan escaped both her and Donghae’s lips in unison right after she landed on her stomach. She immediately looked up at the source of the sound and her eyes widened when she found out that she was on top of Donghae! To her shock, Donghae suddenly rolled them off and now their bodies were facing each other, she was squeezed in his arms.

She froze in her position, her heart beating at a maximum speed and her cheeks heating up. Just what the heck is happening actually? Their close proximity practically created a bunch of butterflies in her stomach. How his arms wrapped around her body and how his sweet scent filled her nostrils only made butterflies in her stomach got crazier. Never ever had she thought that she would be this close with him, let alone in this intimate position.

Feeling that this was wrong, she tried to remove his arm that was wrapped around her waist away and almost succeeded when suddenly he pulled her closer back against his body, closer than they were before, causing her face to be buried in his chest.

She stiffened, her heartbeat increasing its pace if that was possible. Although he smelled a bit like alcohol, the sweet scent of his cologne mostly filled her nostrils, and that only made her unconsciously bury her face more into his chest as her cheeks reddened more. A smile was threatening to stretch upon her lips and upon realizing it, she quickly bit her lips preventing the smile from forming.

‘This is wrong. This feeling, especially. I shouldn't feel like this. I shouldn't have these feelings...for him,’ she thought to herself, denying the feelings for him that had been developing on her even though it became obvious and more obvious to her as each day passed by. However, the more she denied it, the more she felt like staying in this position forever, in his arms.

Upon realizing what she was thinking, she quickly came to her senses and once again attempted to escape from the trap of his muscular arms. She immediately stopped herself when Donghae stirred in his sleep and pulled her even closer if possible with his leg casually draping over hers. At that point, she knew that there was no possible opportunity for her to escape from his embrace.

She found herself unable to move a muscle being in his tight embrace. They were so close, like really close she was sure there was no gap between them. And she could clearly hear his heartbeat and his soft, calm breath in which they could lull her to sleep. But at the fact that her heart was unable to stop from pounding on her chest and the butterflies in her stomach which seemed to have a party in there; it likely wouldn’t happen easily.

God knows how long she kept frozen in his arms as her heart seemed to keep beating at a maximum pace without stopping. And her loud fast heartbeat that even she herself could clearly hear it, slowly lulled her to sleep.

And that was how she fell asleep in Donghae's arms.

The next morning....

Donghae’s eyes fluttered open and the first thing that greeted his eyes was Hana.

Wait...WHAT?

His eyes widened as he immediately shot up on his bed staring at Hana's sleeping figure in utter surprise.

That was when a throbbing pain shot through his head, making him hiss in pain. He rubbed his temple as if it would reduce

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter