Chapter 17

Be My Fake Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Actually she’s my girlfriend.”

Kyuhyun’s words made Hana stare at him blankly as she was still trying to register his words including the previous ones.

“O…kay…” she finally responded after a while, confusion written all over her face at the fact that she had never known and expected that Kyuhyun and Yoona was in a relationship as she was aware that Donghae was almost arranged with Yoona and that–even though she didn’t want to mention this but still–Kyuhyun had seemed to show interest on her.

Then silence took over the atmosphere for a while as Kyuhyun was thinking of the way to tell Hana what she needed to know.

“Uhm…just now I did mention about lie, right?” he spoke.

Hana lightly nodded as a response.

“I meant it. Me acting as if I was having feelings for you before was all a lie. I was only pretending,” Kyuhyun clarified.

Hana’s eyebrows furrowed as she heard his statement. Why did he need to lie, to pretend? She didn’t understand. “Why?” she asked what she had in mind.

“I was told to,” Kyuhyun answered. “I was informed that you and Donghae were having an agreement about being in a pretend relationship. Unfortunately, Mrs. Lee, Donghae’s mom, knows about that all along. In fact, she’s the one who told me about it,” Kyuhyun informed and Hana’s eyes slightly widened as she heard that. “I don’t know how her brain functions but that’s the reason she told me to pretend to like you. I don’t even know why I should be involved in this matter though.”

Upon hearing that, Hana suddenly remembered the day she first met Kyuhyun at the café she had worked at. At the time, Kyuhyun had dropped his wallet in the café and she, who found his wallet, had returned it back to him.

“Then, does that mean our first meeting was planned?” she questioned.

“Absolutely,” Kyuhyun replied without hesitation. “Actually, I dropped my wallet there in purpose as planned since I knew you were just nearby there and I was so sure you would be the first person to find it. And I was right when you came to me returning the wallet back.”

Hana remained silent, speechless at the unexpected things that came out of Kyuhyun’s mouth. Then she remembered that the same day she met Kyuhyun, Mrs. Lee and her friends were the customers in the café. She still remembered how she had served their orders and her eyes had met with Donghae’s mom’s for a brief second. She thought the elder didn’t recognize her but apparently she was wrong. The elder had known it all along. She had just pretended that she didn’t know Hana.

“But…how did she know me, even my workplace?” Hana asked curiously.

“She hired a spy to give information about you and that’s how she knew your workplace and all about you including your family background. I’m sure you know very well why she doesn’t…like you being together with Donghae.” Kyuhyun said, having a cautious tone at his last sentence. “I think you know about me having a bad relationship with Donghae, right?” he questioned but continued without waiting for her to respond. “Actually only both of us considered each other as rivals. But our parents are actually friends with each other. Since I always think Donghae’s mom as my own mom that’s why I decided to help her,” he said apologetically.

“My parents are friends with Donghae’s. But not with Yoona’s parents. Yoona’s family’s company is the biggest rival to my family’s company,” Kyuhyun added and glanced at Yoona for a short while before he continued, “That’s why we can’t tell our parents about our relationship or else they will separate us from each other. Since everyone doesn’t know that Yoona and I are together, that’s why her mom and Donghae’s mom planned to arrange her with Donghae. That was until you came. You don't know how thankful I was for your existence,” Kyuhyun smiled at the last part. "Thank you. And sorry for lying to you," he said guiltily.

Hana didn’t even know how to react to all those information by herself so she decided to just stay silent. That was when Yoona finally voiced out.

"Actually, same like Kyuhyun, I was also told to get close with Donghae," Yoona admitted. And that was another shocking information for Hana. "Of course at first I objected to the idea since I never agreed to get married with him in the first place. But my mom and Donghae's mom are bestfriends. And yes, my mom also knows about your pretend relationship with Donghae, and she and Donghae's mom forced me to, you know, seduce him, to make him fall for me. I tried even though I know that even if he fell for me, I won't ever fall in love with him. And I felt relieved that he never showed any interest in me,” Yoona said while smiling. “And I don't know why, but I think he likes you," she suddenly added, now smiling meaningfully at Hana.

At the mention of the last few words of Yoona, Hana felt her heart skip a beat but she quickly stopped herself. It was impossible. She was just a beggar in his eyes.

"I noticed that too," Kyuhyun added. "Actually, I somehow know what happened between you and Dongha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter