Chapter 22

Be My Fake Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A big smile plastered on Hana's lips as she stared at the ring Donghae gave her during his proposal a few days ago. Even though it had been a few days, she felt like Donghae had just proposed to her yesterday. She would never ever forget the moment and everything that happened on that day will be engraved in her heart forever. Like the previous weekdays, Donghae went to work like usual. But he had promised that the next weekend they would start with the preparation for their wedding. Just thinking about it was enough to make her heart jump in happiness. Never ever had she thought that she would be married to a guy as rich and as handsome as Donghae, who loved her with his whole heart. She couldn't help but consider herself lucky. Very lucky.

Suddenly the doorbell rang, snapping her off her own thoughts. She glanced at the clock on the wall to see it was 10 a.m, still too early for Donghae to get home for lunch. Then who was coming? She rushed to the door and once she opened it, the next that came to her sight made her heart skip a beat.

"Annyeonghaseyo," she quickly greeted and bowed to the unexpected guest.

"Is Donghae inside?" the guest asked with an arrogant voice as she entered the house without waiting for Hana to invite her to.

Guess what? The guest was Mrs. Lee, Donghae's mom.

"No, he isn't. He went to work," Hana answered with a hint of nervousness, knowing that the elder wasn't fond of her. She closed the door and followed the elder to the living room. "Would you like to drink, madam?" she asked politely as the elder took a seat on the couch while looking around the house.

"It's okay. Who knows you'll put poison into my drink," she said, looking at the younger with contempt.

Hana pursed her lips, trying to calm herself down at the elder's remark as she stayed standing not far from Mrs. Lee.

"Come to think of this, we never had any opportunity to talk with just the two of us, right?" Mrs. Lee spoke. "And now I'm taking that opportunity," she continued, looking at Hana blankly but her stare was enough to describe how much hatred she had for her. "Like what you already know, I've tried many things to separate you from my son. But being the shameless you are, of course my plans have all failed. So I think this is the right time to meet and talk to you personally."

"Stay away from Donghae," The elder emphasized every bit of her words so that it would be all clear to Hana.

Hana silently heaved a deep sigh in reply, knowing from the beginning that it was the only purpose for the elder to come without Donghae being here.

"Just like you know, you and him are from different levels. Donghae is like the sky meanwhile you are like earth. Sky and earth can't be together. They are too different to be with each other. Same like you and Donghae. You're too...poor to be with Donghae who is the CEO of our family's company. And I really cannot imagine you and my son being together. Really."

And those words kept echoing in Hana's ears after Mrs Lee left. The elder was right. She and Donghae are too different. Like the sky and earth. And maybe it was better that she stayed away from Donghae. Donghae deserved someone better than her.

"Yeobo, what are you doing?" 

Donghae's back hug made her jump a little. She was so into the cooking and with her own thoughts that she didn't realize Donghae was back for lunch like usual.

"Oh, you're back," she tried to be cheerful as she gently put her hand over his arms that were wrapped around her waist. 

"What are you cooking?" Donghae sweetly asked, still back-hugging her.

"Just kimchi fried rice. Are you okay with it?" 

"Of course. I'll love everything you cook for me."

Hana smiled. She didn't know why but suddenly tears began to swell in her eyes, but she tried hard to blink back her tears not wanting Donghae to see it. She couldn't even imagine being away from him, let alone staying away from him. She loved him too much that it was so hard for her to do so. What should she do? 

Once the food was ready, they started to eat. However, Donghae noticed that Hana was rather quiet than usual and that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter