Chapter 23

Be My Fake Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In just a blink of an eye, it had been three months since Donghae's proposal. Their wedding preparation was already done throughout the previous three months which seemed so short that neither Donghae nor Hana could believe that today was the day they were tying the knot. Time sure flies like an arrow.

Hana stared at her reflection on the mirror. Wearing a white, shoulder-off wedding dress that Donghae had chosen for her with a veil and tiara on her head, she almost mistook the girl in front of her as a princess, not her own self. She could not help but feel nervous at the fact that she would be a wife to Donghae today.

Everything that had happened to her all this time, ever since she first met Donghae until now, it all felt like a dream. From the moment she had spilled beers on his shirt when she was working as bartender at a club, to agreeing to be his fake girlfriend, she could not believe that now she was going to marry the man who used to be her fake boyfriend. She never thought that her life would turn out to be like this, marrying a rich, handsome and nice man, which was far from what she had ever dreamed before.

She still had 30 minutes before walking on the aisle with Donghae instead of walking alone. Every second felt like hours and all she could do at the time was pacing back and forth in the hotel room as if it would reduce her nervousness. She stopped in the middle of the room when she heard a knock on the door and later on, came Yoona into her sight along with Kyuhyun, her fiancé. They've been close with each other after what had happened among them not long ago and yes, it had been a month since Yoona and Kyuhyun got engaged.

From what they told her, their parents didn't agree with their relationship at first due to rivalry between both sides. It took much effort to convince both parents about it and thank god, their parents finally gave up and just followed with what their daughter and son wanted. The two families' companies which were rivals before now had a good business relationship. Not only that, both parents now started to get close with one another, to the couple's relief. Now the couple was in the middle of preparation for their wedding.

"Oh my god, Hana! You look so beautiful!" chirped Yoona as she approached the bride and hugged her. "Congratulations!" she said as she broke off the hug. Kyuhyun congratulated her as well while Hana thanked them for it.

"Omo, you really look beautiful, Hana," Yoona continuously complimented the bride, looking at her adoringly.

"You will look beautiful too when you wear a wedding dress soon," Hana complimented her back which got Yoona blush right away.

"So, shall we take pictures together now?" Kyuhyun suggested with a smile.

"Let's go~" Yoona said excitedly as she started clinging to Hana's side posing for the camera. Kyuhyun took a picture of the girls first before he joined for the next snap.

"Omma!" Hana chirped when Mrs. Choi entered the room after Kyuhyun and Yoona left. They hugged each other.

"Omo, my daughter looks so beautiful," Mrs. Choi lovingly cupped her cheeks  as she broke off the hug and caressed her cheek gently with her thumb, looking at her in adorement.

Hana smiled at the compliment and shyly chuckled as the elder kissed her on the cheek. Mrs. Choi was like her own mom now. Even though she was not her real mother, Mrs Choi gave Hana the feeling of mother's love. The feeling felt so right that it made Hana feel comfortable to call her 'omma' like what the elder told her to.

"You must be nervous. Here's a drink," The elder handed the bride a bottle of mineral water and Hana thanked her for it and soon drank it.

"I'm so happy for you. I can't believe you're getting married. It feels like I just gave birth to you yesterday and now you've grown up so fast," Mrs. Choi said happily.

The elder's words somehow made Hana feel a tug in her heart. Especially these words...

"It feels like I just gave birth to you yesterday..."

Those words echoed in her mind for a few times as she stared at the elder who was smiling from ear to ear right now. What does that mean?

Mrs. Choi glanced over her watch. They had 10 minutes more before the wedding started. "I think it's time. Let's go," she said, snapping Hana off her thoughts. Hana nodded in response as the elder slung her arm around the bride's and they left the room, going to the level where the wedding hall was located. The wedding took place at one of the hotels owned by Donghae's family. Once they reached the right level, they got out from the elevator and there they saw Donghae standing in front of the entrance of the hall, greeting the remaining guests while waiting for his bride.

Once Donghae's eyes laid on Hana, his eyes sparkled. He approached them and bowed at Mrs. Choi as the elder excused herself to enter the hall after giving encouraging words to Hana. 

"You look so beautiful," Donghae said as he took her hand in his and looked at her beautiful appearance without blinking.

Hana shyly hit him on the chest in response.

"Are you nervous?" he asked, feeling her hand cold than usual.

"Neh. Aren't you nervous?" she asked back.

"Nope.  I'm excited," he playfully winked meanwhile Hana playfully scrunched her face up at him.

Later, they were told to get ready at the entrance and that made Hana's hold on Donghae's hand tightened due to nervousness. Donghae squeezed her hand lightly and smiled comfortingly to Hana in which she returned it with a nervous smile. Soon,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter