Chapter 24

Be My Fake Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One month later…

“Omma, can I ask you something?” Hana asked as she laid on the sofa, her head on Mrs. Choi’s lap. Donghae was currently outstation, so he had asked the elder to accompany his wife in the house.

“Sure. What is it, dear?” The elder responded.

“Well, I’m just curious. What happened to you after you left us?”

Hana’s last few words tugged the elder’s heart a little but she knew that Hana meant nothing bad. She sighed. “After I left the house, I stayed at my friend’s house temporarily. My friend was the one who helped me with my business. I built a small bakery with the help of her. Once I got some money through the business, I planned to take you with me but when I came to the house, I found out that you two no longer stayed there. You don’t know how much I cried at that time. I was so sad that I couldn’t meet you for the last time.” Mrs. Choi caressed Hana’s hair as she told the younger one the story.

“Actually, there’s something that you don’t know. Your father and I got divorced after a few days I left the house,” the elder continued.

“Then what happened?” Hana asked curiously.

“After a few months, a man, a regular customer of my bakery, confessed his love to me. We got to know each other for a while and not long after that, we got married.”

“And you forget me?” Hana inquired.

“No. Of course no!” Mrs. Choi quickly answered. “Before I remarried, I did tell my husband that I’ve a daughter and told him everything about me, then he offered to help me find you. But unfortunately, I don’t know why, we could not find you. It was just too difficult. And I felt really bad about it.”

Upon hearing that, Hana remembered how her father had disallowed her from getting out of their new house, the house which looked worse than their old one. No wonder her mom was unable to find her.

“After we got married, only then I knew that he was from a rich family. He never told me that before. And he was the reason why my business now expanded in a whole country as well as worldwide. Later, I got pregnant and that’s how Choi Minha existed.” Mrs. Choi giggled at the last few words. Choi Minha was Mrs. Choi’s daughter from her second marriage. She was a step-sister of Hana.

Hana had met her sister not long ago. At the time, her sister was on semester break and came back to Korea for a while to spend her time with her mom. Upon finding out about Hana, Minha looked quite shocked but immediately recovered from it and accepted Hana into the family. She was so kind to Hana and that made Hana glad to have her as a sister.

“Omma, can I ask you something?” Hana quietly asked.

“What is it now, dear?”

“After you got married with Minha’s father, did your parents in law treat you nicely?” she looked up at the elder.

The elder’s eyes softened hearing her question. She quietly shook her head. “You’re lucky that your father in law still can accept you. But for me, both of them objected to our marriage. Even until they died, they didn’t like me.”

Hana was shocked upon hearing her mom’s answer. She had never thought that her mom would experience something like that.
Would her fate be the same as her mother’s fate? Thinking back about her mother in law, that made her feel sad. The elder still couldn’t accept her as her daughter in law, as Donghae’s wife. She bet the elder wouldn’t accept her forever. She sighed at the thought.

“I understand your feelings, dear. But don’t worry. She’ll surely accept you soon or later,” convinced her mom.

Hana merely remained silent as a reply. As much as she wanted to believe it, she felt like it was just too impossible to happen.

Three months later....

Hana had been confirmed two-months pregnant. The happy news made Hana and Donghae the happiest in the world. Their happiness was shared with their respective parents, Mr. Lee and Mrs. Choi and of course the elders were excited after hearing the news.

"Yeobo, I've happy news to share with you!" Mr. Lee said to his wife after he ended his phone call with Donghae.

"What is it?" Mrs. Lee responded half-heartedly, knowing that the caller was Donghae. She still felt bitter about Donghae's marriage and her embarrassment had not vanished yet after she had failed to ruin her son's marriage. Her relationship with Donghae was still not good yet even though Donghae had tried to reconcile with her.

"Guess what? You're going to be a grandma!" Mr. Lee exclaimed excitedly.

Mrs. Lee who was watching television (or rather pretending) seemed stunned for a second upon hearing that but then she rolled her eyes and remained silent.

"You're going to be a grandma, I'm going to be a grandpa and we're going to have a grandchild!" Mr. Lee chirped, ignoring his wife's silence as he pumped his fists up in the air happily.

Mrs. Lee only glanced at her unusually excited husband weirdly and continued watching television as if nothing happened.

His wife's silence didn't even offend Mr. Lee but earned a smile on his lips. He knew that his wife really wanted to have a grandchild. In fact, he knew that the only thing his wife wanted right now was a grandchild. And he knew too well what she was feeling right now even though she tried to hide it.

Every single day became more wonderful to both Hana and Donghae after Hana was confirmed to be pregnant. Donghae who was a workaholic before now tried to spend more time with Hana than usual. Well, he could do anything he wanted because he was the boss anyway.

Throughout Hana’s pregnancy, Donghae became more protective regarding Hana’s and their baby’s health. He would make sure the food that Hana consumed were healthy for the limb in her tummy. And every single day he would tell his wife how excited he was to see their baby. When he was working, he would make sure that Hana wouldn’t stay alone in the house. And Hana’s mom, Mrs. Choi, voluntarily would come to their house to take care of her pregnant daughter.

Sometimes, Hana craved for some food and Donghae would make sure to provide whatever she wanted even though there were times that she craved for food in the middle of nights. It was so sweet of him and Hana couldn’t help but feel touched over his concern. She felt so lucky to have a perfect husband like him and for sure her love for him blossomed more than she could ever imagine.

In a blink of an eye, the due date of Hana’s pregnancy came nearer and nearer and they were very excited at the fact that they would see their baby very soon. They had bought many equipment such as clothes and cribs for the baby and that just showed how fully ready they were to welcome their baby to the world.

 

"Oppa..." Hana called when she was cuddling with her husband, getting ready to sleep. She was laying by her side and Donghae was hugging her from behind.

"Hm?" He merely responded, caressing his wife's swollen stomach lovingly. It was almost the due date for Hana's pregnancy and he seriously couldn't wait to see the baby which was one of the proofs of their love for each other.

"Hmm...don't you think it's been a while since we visited your parents?" she said in a cautious tone, not wanting to offend her husband.

Donghae was silent for a while before he said, "Well, I had coffee with my dad sometimes in some cafe. But my mom....she still seems angry with me."

It was not that he never visited his parents after getting married. He did. Several times. Every time he visited, he would try to reconcile or talk to his mom but everytime he did that, his mom would ignore him and lock herself in the room until he returned home. After a while, Donghae was quite tired of it and decided to give up for a while. He thought maybe her mom needed more time to accept his marriage with Hana and now it had been almost a year since he got married and still nothing changed. Her mom still couldn't accept Hana as her daughter in law and his marriage with her, and his relationship with his mom was still in a bad position. He hated it, he had to admit it. And he wondered when would his mom open her heart to accept Hana as well as the baby in her tummy. No matter what, it was her grandchild after all. And he didn't want the baby to grow up without feeling the love of grandma.

"Before I give birth, shall we visit them?" Hana suggested. Hana had followed Donghae going to his parents' house after they got married, but receiving that kind of treatment from his mom, it was the last time she visited the mansion as Donghae didn't allow her to.

Donghae merely silent as a response, contemplating.

Hana who heard no response from him, held his hand that was on her tummy and caressed it tenderly with her thumb.

"Oppa?" she called for a response. Who knows he had fallen asleep?

Hearing Donghae sigh as he pulled her closer, a small smile creeping on her lips.

"I want to see them. I want to see your mom. If anything happens when I'm giving birth later, I won't have any regret if I met them beforehand," Hana's words got Donghae immediately frown at her.

"What are you talking about?" Donghae chided softly.

"Anything could happen, oppa," she said softly.

"Stop it," Donghae said in a warning tone. "I don't want to hear such things from you anymore," he continued as he tightened his arm on her. "You will deliver our baby safely and our baby will come out healthily so stop thinking something nonsense." His voice already trembled upon imagining his life without his wife.

"Arasso," Hana chuckled as she convinced her husband. "But we will visit them, right?" she brought up the topic again.

Donghae heaved a soft sigh. "Arasso. I'll bring you tomorrow," he said, giving up to his wife. It was not that he didn't want Hana to meet his parents. It was just...he knew his mother too well. He was scared that his mom would hurt his wife. Maybe not physically, but mentally.

"Yeobo..." Donghae voiced after a while in silence.

Hana who was about to fall asleep opened her eyes back. "Yes?"

"I'm sorry," he suddenly apologized.

Hana's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "For what?"

"About my family, my mom. Sorry," Donghae replied.

"It's okay. There's nothing to apologize about," Hana said, intertwining her fingers with his on her tummy.

"I lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter