Chapter 5

Be My Fake Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her mission to be Donghae’s fake girlfriend in front of his parents succeeded. So she now was packing up her clothes since there was no reason for her to stay here in Donghae’s place any longer. Goodbye, beautiful bedroom. Goodbye, comfy bed. Goodbye, air conditioner. Goodbye― she flinched at the sudden knocks on the door.

“Can I come in?” Donghae’s voice was heard from outside.

“Sure,” she replied and soon after that, the door opened to reveal him wearing a white shirt and casual grey pants. His wet hairs showed that he just finished showering. They were just back from Donghae's parents' house after pretending as a couple.

“What are you doing?” he asked when he saw her packing her clothes on the bed and she was ready with her worn out jeans and shirt.

“Going back home, of course. Since I’ve met your parents so I’ve no reason to stay here anymore,” she answered.

“Who said so?” he questioned, a slight frown appeared on his face.

“Me,” she matter-of-factly replied as she continued with what she was doing.

Donghae watched in silence as she folded her clothes and put them into her bag.

“I was thinking of celebrating our success though,” he mumbled.

“Celebrate?” she looked up at him.

“Yeah. You know, watching movies, drinking...”

“Sorry but I don’t drink―”

“You don’t have to drink though,” he cut her off.

“Maybe next time,” she smiled apologetically at him.

A deeper frown appeared on Donghae’s face. “Why are you so rushing to get home? You don’t even have anyone in your house.”

Hana raised an eyebrow at him as an amused smile played on the corner of her lips. “Is it just me or you seemed like preventing me from going home?” she said in a teasing tone.

“Aniyo! It’s not that!” he denied, flustered. “I...I...” he stammered before he huffed. “Aish! Fine! Just do whatever you want!” He snapped and strode out of the room, didn't forget to slam the door closed.

Hana stared at the door in bewilderment. “What’s wrong with him?” she mumbled, finding his action a little bit too weird.

After she was done packing up, she walked out of the room with her bag slung on her shoulder as she headed to the living room where she found Donghae there – he was watching television.

“I’m leaving,” she told him as she stood a bit far from the couch he was sitting on.

“Just go already,” he said rather coldly in Hana’s ears, to Hana's bewilderment. 

“Did I do something wrong?” she asked, didn't know what she had done wrong till he treated her like that.

“No,” he said, still in a cold tone.

“Then why are you being like this?”

“I can be whatever I want.”

Hana looked at him weirdly. ‘Is he having PMS or what? Just now he was okay, but now he’s acting like a jerk,’ she thought to herself.

“Fine,” she tried to shrug off his cold attitude and spoke. “By the way, thank you for everything ever since we know each other. And I'm sorry if me pretending as your girlfriend just now wasn't satisfying you. Goodbye.” She waited for him to respond but he never did, so she decided to just leave. As soon as she turned around, he suddenly spoke.

“Remember, you’re still under a contract as my fake girlfriend. I’ll find you whenever I need you. Don’t forget that.”

“Yes, sir,” she turned around at him and playfully saluted but stopped what she was doing when he didn’t even look at her but at the television. She scrunched up her nose. “Goodbye” she said and looked around the house for the last time before she left.

After the sound of the door shut closed engulfed the atmosphere, Donghae huffed. “I don’t even know why she was so rushing to leave. It’s not that she has anyone to nag at her if she came back home late,” he blabbered to himself and continued doing so for a couple of minutes but then he stopped when he realized what he was doing. “What’s wrong with me? Of course she can leave whenever she wants. She has her own house, her own life. Just let her be. Why do I have to get so mad at her for leaving so early?” he questioned himself and couldn’t help but find himself weird. Then, something clicked in his mind.

“Would she be alright going back home alone at this hour?” he glanced at the clock on the wall. It was 10 p.m. “What is she going to ride to reach her home? Does she even have money to pay for the ride?” Anxiety built inside his heart as those questions popped out his mind. Suddenly he felt guilty for treating her coldly just now in which he himself didn’t even know why he was acting like that. She was good enough to help him pretending to be his girlfriend but he never minded to thank her but instead treated her coldly.

Worried, he grabbed his phone from the coffee table and was about to call Hana but then he remembered that he didn’t have her number. He sighed. He doubted she had a phone since he never saw her holding her phone the whole day they were together.

Didn’t have any choice, he headed to his room only to grab a jacket and his car key before he got out of the condominium.

 ---------------------

Hana was waiting for the bus alone at the bus stop when suddenly a rather familiar sports car halted in front of the bus stop and honked, earning her attention. Then she saw the mirror rolled down and her eyes widened when Donghae came to her sight. What the hell was he doing there?

“Get in,” he instructed.

She approached the car and leaned down so that she could see him inside the car.

“It’s okay. I’ll just wait for the bus,” she said, didn’t want to burden him.

“Just get in,” he insisted.

She hesitated. “Am I not burdening you?”

“No. Now get in.”

Hana smiled and opened the door before hopping into the car. At least she could save her money from paying for the bus ride.

“What comes over you that you suddenly want to send me off? Are you perhaps...worried about me?” she asked teasingly, especially at the last part, as the car started moving.

“Hell no. I’m here just to make sure you wouldn’t be killed or kidnapped. If you died, what do you think I’m going to say to my parents, huh?” he said coolly, didn’t want to admit that what she just said was true. He didn’t even want to admit to himself that he was worried about her.

“Tsk. It’s still the same thing” she said, still in a teasing manner.

“Think whatever you wanna think,” he kept his poker face. “By the way, don’t you have a phone?” he changed the topic.

“No,” she replied.

“Tsk. I can’t believe how outdated you are. How can you even live without a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter