Chapter 10

Be My Fake Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae was busy typing something on his computer when his mind unknowingly wandered to Hana, causing his fingers to stop from typing.

‘Will she be alright staying alone in the house?’

‘Have she eaten?’

‘Does she feel better now?’

‘She won’t fall at the bathroom or somewhere, right?’

All those thoughts came across his mind at once, only adding more anxiety in his heart. Then, his phone that was on his office table caught his eyes and he immediately grabbed it. He planned to call Hana but then realized that she didn’t have a phone. He heaved a sigh.

He looked up when he heard a knock on the door to see Eunhyuk walking into his office.

“Come on. It’s lunch time,” Eunhyuk said as he approached the latter.

Before Donghae could reply, someone else came in.

“Oppa~ I bring food for you~” Yoona chirped as she skipped happily towards Donghae.

Donghae blinked in bewilderment at her sudden appearance as he stood up from his seat.

“Uhh...I think I can’t have lunch with either of you today. I’ve somewhere to go. Sorry,” he said, smiling apologetically as he made his way to the door. He noticed Eunhyuk giving him an ‘ok’ sign but Yoona pouted at him.

“But I bring you food. I cook it myself, you know,” Yoona whined.

“I’m so sorry,” Donghae said and quickly walked out of the room.

“Aish!” Yoona stomped off her foot in protest. “Where’s he going, though?” she asked no one in particular.

“He has a girlfriend. Of course he wants to eat lunch with his girlfriend instead of both of us,” Eunhyuk said as he sent her a mocking smile before he walked out of the room, leaving Yoona alone in there. He had heard from Donghae that Yoona was the girl whom his mom had wanted to arrange him with.

Yoona huffed in reply and glared at Eunhyuk through the transparent glass door.

Feeling herself had recovered from fever, Hana decided to continue doing her task as a maid in the house; cleaning and sort of. As she was taking a rest from doing housework, watching television, suddenly the doorbell rang, signaling that someone was outside the house.

Her eyebrows creased. ‘Who is it? It’s impossible for Donghae to come back at this hour,’ she thought as she looked at the clock on the wall and her eyes widened when she realized that it was lunch time. She was panicked since she hadn’t cooked anything yet – she thought Donghae would have his lunch outside.

She quickly walked over to the door to open it and once the door was opened, her eyes widened when it was not Donghae like what she had expected but instead, a very familiar tall man came to her sight.

“Kyuhyun sshi...” she muttered, shocked to see the unexpected guest there.

“Annyeong~ Do you miss me?” he said, smiling boyishly at her as he coolly put his hands in his pocket. He was wearing a blue formal shirt with black pants. Regarding what he was wearing, she could guess that he came from his workplace.

“What are you doing here?” she asked, not replying to him.

“Maybe you should invite me inside first before asking that question,” he smirked and stepped forward to get inside the house but Hana immediately blocked him.

“What do you think you’re doing? This is not my house but Donghae’s. I can’t just let you in just like that.”

“Oh, so you share this apartment with him? I didn’t know that,” he shrugged. “Since he’s not here so I think you don’t need to worry,” he simply said and before she could block him again, he successfully slipped inside the house as fast as he could. Hana looked at him in disbelief, speechless.

“Not bad,” he mumbled as he walked further into the apartment, looking around the house, followed by Hana behind him. He casually plopped down on the couch as if it was his own house, then patted the empty space beside him, signaling her to sit.

“Kyuhyun sshi. I think you really shouldn’t be here,” Hana said firmly, ignoring his request.

“Just chill. Donghae wouldn’t know about this if you don't tell him,” he said casually, too casual to her likings. “By the way, you don’t work?” he asked, changing the topic.

“No,” she replied.

“Ahh. Then, how about you work with me?” his eyes sparkled as he suggested that.

“No thanks,” she forced a smile.

“Why? Don’t you get bored staying in this house alone? Didn’t your boyfriend ever ask you to work with him?”

“He did. But...I think...I-I wanna take a break. I just finished studies, didn’t I?” she lied. Yes, she guessed this was the time to stop being a maid and pretend to be Donghae’s girlfriend back.

“Ahh...” he nodded lightly. “Anyway, what if...you break up with Donghae and date me instead? I think you don’t match with him at all. You only match with me,” he smiled flirtatiously at her.

Hana blinked. “Uhh...” she was speechless, seemingly having culture shock over his straightforwardness.

Suddenly, the sound of passcode being punched echoed in the spacious apartment and Hana froze hearing it.

“Ottoke? I think it’s Donghae,” she said, starting to get panicked at the fact that Kyuhyun was there. She was pretty sure that Donghae wouldn’t like it, knowing a stranger (his enemy, to be exact) inside his house.

Kyuhyun surprisingly didn’t budge upon hearing the sound but calmly sitting on the couch, his eyes on the television meanwhile his lips curled up a smirk. And seeing his calmness only made Hana get more panicked.

“Kyuhyun sshi, I think you should hide,” she said in panic.

“Are you kidding me? I would never do such a thing. Just let me face him,” Kyuhyun said in a calm tone, which Hana found surprisingly annoying.

She stared at the door in horror as it slowly opened. Soon, Donghae came to her sight. Once his eyes landed on her, a smile instantly climbed onto his face.

“Why are you standing here? You’re waiting for me?” he asked as he approached her, still with a smile on his lips.

Hana found herself unable to speak regarding how panicked she was at that time. She only could give him an awkward smile as a response.

“Are you feeling better now?” he asked and tenderly placed the back of his hand on her forehead to check on her temperature, in which his action made her heart flutter. He smiled when he felt her forehead was in normal temperature back. But his smile slowly faded away when he felt like they were being watched and that was when he noticed that there was someone sitting on the couch. The moment his eyes laid on Kyuhyun, a deep frown immediately formed on his face.

“Why did you let him in?” he asked Hana furiously, completely changed 180 degree from before.

Hana merely looked down on her feet guiltily.

“Don’t blame her. I’m the one who insisted on coming in,” Kyuhyun said calmly as he stood up on his feet and approached both of them.

Donghae scoffed. “Knowing the jerk you are, I’m not surprised to hear that. How dare you step into my house,” he said through his gritted teeth, glaring deathly at the other.

“I always dare,” Kyuhyun smirked.

“You!” Donghae lunged towards him and grabbed the latter’s collar angrily. Kyuhyun didn’t move but only smirked wider in response and that only caused Donghae to burn more in anger. “What are you doing here, huh? Are you planning to steal something from here?”

“Yes,” Kyuhyun said matter-of-factly.

“Why? Your company has gone bankrupt?” Donghae smirked mockingly.

“Well, not till that point. I’m here just to steal....” he trailed off as his eyes flickered to Hana who was watching them anxiously from afar. “...her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter