Chapter 1

Be My Fake Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Donghae ah...” Mrs Lee called her son when the Lee’s family was having dinner together at the dining table.

Donghae looked up from his food and looked at his mom in response.

“When are you going to get married? I really want to have grandchildren, you know,” she pouted as she said that.

Mr. Lee, who heard his wife babbling about grandchildren for the umpteenth time to their only son, merely shook his head in amusement meanwhile Donghae rolled his eyes in response.

“Omma, is that the only thing you could think about when you see my face?” Donghae said with a hint of frustration.

“It’s not that. It just...I feel so jealous with my friends. They all already have grandchildren. Only me don’t have any yet.”

Donghae only remained silent focusing on his food, pretending as if he didn’t hear what his mom was saying.

“I have a friend who has a daughter. Her daughter just finished her studies abroad and just recently came back to Korea. I’ve seen her and she’s really beautiful. Now that I think of it, she really suits you, Donghae ah.” His mom continued, “Shall I arrange you with her?”

Upon hearing that, Donghae instantly looked up only to frown at his mom. “Omma...”

“What? You don’t have a girlfriend, do you? So there’s no problem if I―”

“Who says I don’t have a girlfriend? I have, alright! I have!”

“Really?” Mrs Lee’s eyes sparkled. “Aigoo, why didn’t you tell me earlier? You make me worry, you know” she said in relief, smiling. Being curious she was, she leaned in and bombarded her son with questions. “Who is it? What’s her name? Is she beautiful? Is her father a successful businessman like yours?” Mrs Lee waited for Donghae to answer her questions in anticipation but then furrowed her eyebrows when he didn’t answer but remained silent. With that, her curious eyes started to change to suspicious ones.

“You are lying, aren't you?” she remarked.

“Aniyo!” Donghae quickly replied.

“Then prove me”

“Prove what?” Donghae retorted.

“Prove me that you have a girlfriend. If you don't bring her here tomorrow, I’ll arrange you with my friend’s daughter.”

“WHAT?” Donghae looked at his mom in disbelief. “You’ve gotta be kidding me.”

“No, I’m not kidding.”

He looked at his dad who was silent all this time. “Appa, say something!” he demanded, wanting his dad to defend him.

His dad shrugged his shoulder. “I don’t see any problem with that. If you have a girlfriend, introduce her to us. It’s that easy.”

Donghae looked at his dad speechlessly then sighed. How can I introduce her to you when she doesn’t even exist! He screamed in his mind.

“My decision is final. If you don't bring your girlfriend to this house by tomorrow, you’ll get married to my friend’s daughter. Full stop,” Mrs Lee said sternly.

Donghae was stunned. “B-But tomorrow is so soon,” he mumbled.

“So soon? I don’t think so. I think it’s still early now to tell her to come here by tomorrow,” Mrs Lee simply said, sounding like challenging him. And Donghae could sense it.

With that, he composed himself and tried to act calm. “Fine. I’ll bring her here tomorrow like what you want. You would be shocked to see how beautiful she is,” he smiled calmly at her mom who returned his smile with a challenging smile. And it was the first time for Donghae to hate seeing her mom's smile.

“I’m looking forward to seeing my future daughter in law soon,” Mrs Lee said, still with a challenging smile of hers which annoyed her son more.

Donghae half-heartedly smiled in response then continued eating his food though he found himself already losing his appetite.

“Yah, what’s wrong with you?” Eunhyuk asked his best friend, Donghae, who looked gloomy ever since he arrived at the club.

“Eunhyuk ah, you have to help me,” Donghae said.

“Help? For what?”

“My mom. She wants me to bring my girlfriend to our house tomorrow,” Donghae said with a hint of frustration.

“What? But you don’t have a girlfriend though.”

“That’s the problem. If I didn’t bring her to my house by tomorrow, she’ll arrange my marriage with her friend’s daughter.”

“Seriously?” Eunhyuk looked shocked hearing what Donghae jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter