Chapter 18

Be My Fake Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a few days since Donghae skipped work. He felt terrible and more terrible as days passed by with sleepless nights and all and that made him look like a zombie now. Eunhyuk, his best friend as well as his assistant, who understood his current situation offered to take his place managing his task in the office temporarily to give Donghae space, and Donghae couldn't be more thankful for it.

 

In the middle of being in a gloomy mood, he never gave up searching for Hana but to his despair, he had yet found her. Ever since he met Jessica, he hadn't come to confront his mom yet because the only thing in his mind right now was to find Hana and only Hana was in his mind. He couldn't think of anyone and anything else besides Hana and that was all because of the feeling of guilt towards her that was growing more and more in his chest.

 

As he was preparing a late breakfast for himself, suddenly the doorbell rang. With that, he left the kitchen and went straight to the front door and his eyebrows immediately furrowed when Kyuhyun came to his sight after he opened the door.

 

"What do you want? Hana isn't here," Donghae said not in a cold tone like usual, but in monotone. 

 

"I came to meet you...." Kyuhyun replied. Donghae almost snorted in response but stopped himself when he heard what Kyuhyun said next. "...to talk to you about Hana..."

 

At the mention of the name, Donghae was stunned for a second or two before a frown formed on his forehead. "So she's with you?" he scoffed. "I should've expected that," he mumbled, a hint of jealousy visible in his tone. "Let me guess, you're here to tell me that you two are together now and are going to get married soon and try to make me jealous? Like that?" he asked in a challenging tone.

 

Kyuhyun slightly smirked at his words. "What did you say? I couldn't hear you other than the 'jealous' part," he said in a mocking way.  “So you are jealous?" he asked playfully, his smirk getting wider than before.

 

Donghae seemed stunned for a second before he laughed. A fake laugh. “Why should I? A beggar like her is only suitable with you,” he said with a smirk.

 

A deep frown immediately formed on Kyuhyun’s forehead upon hearing the other’s words. And to Donghae’s shock, Kyuhyun suddenly lunged towards him and grabbed him by the collar.

 

“Stop being egoistic,” Kyuhyun hissed, his eyes glaring deathly at Donghae’s shocked ones. Even though they were always bickering with each other before, Kyuhyun had never done what he was doing right now. Usually only Donghae would do that meanwhile Kyuhyun would only smirk and send sarcastic comments towards the latter. That’s all. “I know you love her.” Kyuhyun continued, his eyes now softened, including his tone.

 

Donghae’s shocked eyes slowly softened as he stared at Kyuhyun with his real eyes, eyes that mirrored sadness.

 

“I know you love her. Just admit it. Your eyes tell it all,” Kyuhyun said again, gently releasing Donghae’s collar.

 

Donghae remained silent as he slowly averted his gaze to his feet.

 

Kyuhyun sighed looking at the other’s terrible condition. There were eyebags on his eyes and his hair was a complete mess - it was opposite of the Donghae he knew. “You’ve made such a big mistake for letting her go, you know,” he said in a quiet tone.

 

“I know. And I regret it,” Donghae barely whispered in reply.

 

“It’s not too late for you to apologize to her, though.”

 

“She wouldn’t forgive me.”

 

“How do you know?”

 

“I’ve said something terrible to her.”

 

Kyuhyun heaved a sigh in response. “You and your temper,” he mumbled, shaking his head in disapproval. He had faced Donghae’s temper for many times already and he knew it too well what Donghae would say when he was in anger. Something hurtful, if that was what he could describe it. “Do you wanna know where she is?” he inquired.

 

Donghae snapped his head up upon hearing the question.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter