Chapter 19

Be My Fake Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After they had made up with each other, Hana finally moved out of Kyuhyun’s apartment as Donghae insisted her to move back to his own. Before she left Kyuhyun’s place, she had called Kyuhyun to inform him about it and Kyuhyun, in reply, congratulated the new real couple which confused Hana at first but then started to understand that it was Kyuhyun who had told Donghae about her whereabouts. She thanked him for that, same went to Donghae – he had interrupted her conversation with Kyuhyun. From her observation, the relationship between Donghae and Kyuhyun started getting better without bickers and fights like usual, even though they were just talking from the phone call.

“Since when did you have a phone?” Donghae asked the question he had wanted to ask her before but forgot, when Hana was fiddling with her phone. At the time, they were watching television in the living room of Donghae’s apartment.

Hana looked up at him and grinned. “Kyuhyun gave it to me during my stay at his apartment. Isn’t he so kind?” she said and looked back at the iPhone 6S that Kyuhyun bought for her as if nothing happened. She still remembered the time Kyuhyun had given her the phone. At first she didn’t want to accept it but then Kyuhyun convinced her to as it would be easier for him to contact her if she had a phone. So she didn’t have any choice other than to accept the gift and didn’t forget to thank him for it.

Donghae jutted his lips down, jealous. “It’s just iPhone 6s. I can give you iPhone X if you want,” he said smugly.

“What’s the difference?” Hana asked innocently like a curious kid.

“For your information, iPhone X is more expensive and the latest one from the brand,” Donghae replied.

“It’s okay. I don’t need something expensive. This is more than enough for me,” she said uninterestedly and had her attention back at her phone.

“iPhone is considered expensive, though, among other brands,” he murmured to himself, still jutting his lips down. “Have you saved my number?” he asked.

Hana shook her head. “Oh right! I don’t know your number," she said in realization.

“Come here,” he reached for her phone. Hana cluelessly gave it to him and he started saving his number in the phone while being eyed by Hana.

“Sweetheart?” She questioned when she saw him saving his number under the ‘sweetheart’ name.

Donghae nodded with a grin. “Ain’t I your sweetheart?”

Hana grimaced her face at his cheesiness. “Urghh, why are you being like this?”

Donghae chuckled and called his number through her phone so that he could save her number too on his own phone. “Look,” he said later on while showing her what was displaying on his phone screen.

Hana looked and later her brows creased. “Love?” she saw the word above her phone number.

Donghae grinned.

“Euww! I didn’t know you’re this cheesy,” she looked at him incredulously.

Donghae laughed. “I will usually be cheesy around someone I love,” he winked.

“Ow! Look at that,” Hana feigned a disgusted expression as she pointed at him. But then a smile spread over on her face as she shook her head in amusement.

Donghae giggled and then stared at her. She raised an eyebrow when she noticed his stare.

“What?” she asked.

Donghae smiled meaningfully as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer. Hana looked at him questioningly at his action and her eyes widened when he puckered his lips in front of her face.

“Mwoya~” she lightly hit his chest, blushing madly. But she didn’t back away when Donghae was leaning in towards her. Instead, she shut her eyes tight with a smile on her face.

Their lips finally met and Donghae moved his lips against hers softly as one of his arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her even closer. Meanwhile, Hana’s hand unknowingly placed on his chest and slowly traced up to his shoulder in the middle of savoring this heart fluttering kiss. After a while, Donghae broke off the kiss and leaned his forehead on hers while staring into each other’s eyes.

“I love you,” he said.

“I love you more,” she replied. To Donghae’s shock, Hana suddenly pecked him on the lips and once she pulled away with red cheeks, he stared at her with wide eyes as a smile slowly curved on his lips.

“Hmm…oppa, let’s selfie?” she quickly changed the topic to cover her embarrassment and grabbed her phone. Donghae smiled widely eyeing her cute antics. She held up her phone till both of their faces appeared on the phone screen. Donghae had his arms around her waist and his lips on her cheek as a pose for the camera and she blushed as she snapped the picture. She snapped several pictures with different kinds of poses from both of them and they took a look at the pictures together when she was done.

“Oppa, your face is funny,” she pointed at one of the pictures on the phone screen and giggled. Donghae looked at it and giggled as well.

“But I still look handsome though,” he commented.

“Euww...” Hana grimaced her face in response. Donghae laughed at her funny yet adorable face expression.

“Why? Just admit it I’m the most handsome man in your eyes,” he said playfully.

“Stop praising yourself,” she responded and scrunched her face up before she continued looking at the pictures. As she was sliding the screen for the next picture, that was when a picture of her and Kyuhyun suddenly appeared. She froze for a second and in a blink of an eye, her phone was already in Donghae’s hand.

Donghae looked at the picture displayed as his frown deepened. “What is this? You took a picture with him?” he asked, eyes that were staring at her burning with jealousy.

“W-Well, it was during my first try taking a picture using the phone...”

“You should’ve just taken your own picture. You don’t have to take a picture with him,” Donghae retorted, pouting.

“It’s just a picture, oppa. There’s nothing between us,” she calmly responded, hiding a smile that was threatening to form on her lips due to witnessing the cuteness of her jealous boyfriend.

“And I guess he even taught you how to use the whole ing phone, right?”

Hana sighed. “Yes but—”

“Are you taking revenge on me?” Donghae suddenly asked, looking at her sadly.

“What are you talking about?” she was surprised at his sudden unrelated question.

“You and Kyuhyun actually are a thing, right? You and Kyuhyun are planning to take revenge on me for hurting you, right? You’re just pretending to forgive me and love me because it was in your plan with Kyuhyun, right? I know he likes you and you like him too...” he continued blabbering about her and Kyuhyun with their so-called revenge and Hana could only hear it with amusement. But in the end, she couldn’t help but laugh, which made Donghae frown even more.

“What are you laughing at?” he asked in a threatening tone.

“Oppa...” she said in between laughter. “I never knew you have such a wonderful imagination,” she mocked playfully and continued to chuckle. “You know what? As much as I want to take revenge on you, I can’t. I love you too much,” she said sincerely and Donghae’s eyes softened immediately after hearing that. “Give me...” she grabbed her phone from his hold and slid the screen for the next picture and then showed it off in front of Donghae.

Donghae furrowed his brows looking at the picture. The picture Hana was showing was the picture of herself with Yoona and Kyuhyun having a selfie together.

“Why is Yoona in there?” he asked, bewildered. It was only about a week or two after he had been separating with Hana, he didn’t expect that many things would happen in such a period of time. Come to think of it, it had been a long time since he saw Yoona. He didn’t even remember when was the last time he met her. If it was true that she had given up on him, he couldn’t be thankful enough for that. Seriously. But then, the fact that she was in the same picture with Hana made him worry. What if there was a meaningful meaning behind her friendship with Hana? What if she had a bad intention to Hana?

“You think?” she smirked, folding her arms across her chest. She found Donghae’s reaction to the picture interesting that she felt like eating popcorn while watching it. It was that interesting.

“She’s your friend? How come?” Those questions were the most that played in his mind right now.

“Yes, she’s my friend. But there’s something more that you can find behind the picture.” She replied, still with a grin on her lips. Because of Kyuhyun, she had been friends with Yoona too and the couple often hung out together with her during her temporary stay in Kyuhyun’s apartment.

He blinked staring at the picture. ‘Something more? What could that be?’ he thought to himself.

“Okay I’ll give you a clue. Exclude me from the picture.”

Donghae looked over at the picture again, for the umpteenth time. But then his eyes brightened. “Ahh! I know! She is Kyuhyun’s friend. Am I right?”

Hana shook her head. “No. You’re wrong.”

“Then what? She’s his girlfriend?” he absentmindedly guessed.

“That’s it!” she chirped meanwhile Donghae gaped looking at her.

“Seriously?”

Hana nodded.

“Impossible. Isn’t she head over heels on me?” he shamelessly said.

Hana chuckled. “It was just a pretend, oppa,” she decided to tell him.

“What?”

“She told me she was just pretending to like you.”

Donghae looked at her, confused. “Why would she?”

“Your mom told her to. To make you fall for her, not me. To marry you off with her. To separate us away from each other,” she said softly.

Donghae’s eyes widened at the mention of his mom and frown formed on his face when he heard the rest of her words. “Really?” he asked in a whisper, in disbelief. Here he thought his mom tried to separate him away from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter