Chapter 15

Be My Fake Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So what’s so important till you want me to come here?” Donghae asked after he arrived at his parents’ mansion. He was now in the living room, sitting across his parents on the expensive sofa.

“So there must be something important to come up and only then you’ll come here and visit us?” His mom interjected.

“No. It’s not like that....” Donghae replied, sighing. “You know I’m busy.”

“Busy? Busy with what? With your fake girlfriend?”

Upon hearing that, Donghae instantly looked up at his mom, unable to hide his shock from being shown on his face. “What do you mean?” he asked in a quiet tone.

“Why? Are you shocked that I know about it?” she smirked.

Nothing came out of his mouth. He was utterly speechless. Meanwhile Mr. Lee who heard the mom’s and son’s conversation looked at both of them back and forth in confusion – he didn’t understand a thing.

“You must be wondering how I know about it, don’t you? Well, the answer is simple. Hana told me about it,” Mrs Lee said casually, smirking.

“Hana?” his eyebrows furrowed.

“Yes. Hana. Actually, I’ve known about you and the fake girlfriend thingy ever since forever. I just pretended not to know it. And guess what? I’m the one who arranged your meeting with Hana. I paid her to get close to you just to see if you would make her as your fake girlfriend because I know you too well to know that you don’t have a girlfriend and to know what you would do just not to get married with Yoona. And my expectation ended up to be true when you asked her to be your fake girlfriend,” Mrs Lee smirked wider to see Donghae’s speechless face.

“Wait... So Hana is just his fake girlfriend?” Mr. Lee inquired in disbelief.

“Yes, yeobo. I just want to test our son if he would be honest to us or not. But apparently he isn’t.”

With that, Mr. Lee looked at Donghae with anger and disbelief meanwhile Donghae seemed to space out, couldn’t believe what he had just heard from his mom.

‘So Hana is just like....a spy to omma?’ he thought in disbelief as the memories that he’d shared together with Hana replayed in his mind like a movie. ‘So...all that is only a lie?’ His heart broke into pieces as he thought about it. At the moment, he felt stupid. He felt like a fool. And he couldn’t believe it that all this time, he was fooled. By Hana. By his mom.

He lightly shook his head in disapproval. “How could you do this to me,” he mumbled and stood up. He was about to walk away when his mom spoke.

“I’m the one who should say that to you. How could you do this to me, to your dad. You lied to us,” Mrs. Lee retorted.

Donghae took in a deep breath and blinked back his tears before he left the mansion with a broken heart. Before he stepped out of the mansion, he managed to hear his mom shrieking about continuing her plan to marry him with Yoona. But he could care less about it because in his mind right now only had Hana. All he wanted right now was to confront her.

Even though it had been quite a while since Donghae kissed her forehead and left, Hana still couldn’t get over it and kept smiling to herself as she was preparing for lunch. She hummed to the song as she happily cooked the meal and flinched in shock once she heard someone clearing his throat right behind her. She immediately stopped whatever she was doing and turned around with a smile, knowing that it was Donghae.

“Oh...you’re back...” she quietly said and the sparkles in her eyes slowly faded away when she noticed him staring at her with his cold eyes, the eyes she had never seen from him before.

“Who are you actually?” he asked in a cold tone, glaring at her.

“Neh?” she asked back, confused.

“I asked who are you actually?!!” he yelled, causing Hana to flinch in shock. Her shocked eyes met his bloodshot glare.

“W-What do you mean?” she braved herself to ask him the question.

“DON’T PRETEND LIKE YOU DON’T KNOW!” He yelled even louder than before, causing her to flinch once again.

“I really don’t know what you’re talking about...” she spoke, her voice shaking with fear.

Donghae only snorted and then stomped off to his room.

Hana reached for the kitchen counter to help her balance her body as she felt her knees weaken. Tears welled up in her eyes as his yelling voice echoed in her ears. Ever since she knew him, he had never raised his voice nor got this mad at her before. And now that she experienced it right after she felt heaven earlier, she suddenly felt like this was too much for her to handle it. Why was he being like this all of a sudden? Why did his attitude always change? Just now he was being flirty with her but now he was being a red bull to her? She absolutely didn’t understand it and wouldn’t understand it. Never. How can someone change so much in such a short time, she really didn’t get it. And that made her sad. He was really unpredictable.

After a while, Donghae came back to the kitchen and threw a cheque on her feet. “You’re fired! That’s the money like what I promised. Sorry if it isn’t as much as my mom paid you.” A hint of sarcasm was obvious at the last part and that part was the part she completely didn’t understand. “Now get out from my house. I don’t want to see your face anymo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter