Chapter 2

Be My Fake Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Be my girlfriend”

“What?” She looked at him as if he was nuts, couldn’t believe her ears.

“I changed my mind. You have to pay my 50 million won back. And your debts will only be settled if you become my girlfriend.”

The girl was dumbfounded upon hearing what Donghae just said. “B-But...”

“Don’t agree if you want to pay 50 million won to me back right now.”

“But I don’t have money.”

“Then just be my girlfriend,” he simply said with a small smirk.

The girl was stunned, didn't exactly know how to react to the unexpected proposal. The fact that a rich, handsome man was asking telling her to be his girlfriend on their first meeting was such an absurd idea! Like seriously, who would ask someone to be their girlfriend/boyfriend on their first meeting? They were strangers after all!

“B-But I’m not pretty, I’m not rich, and look! I’m messy! How can you be interested in someone like me?” she said, looking at him incredulously.

Donghae only smirked. “Where are you going after this?” he asked instead of answering her.

“Home, of course.”

“Let me send you off.” As if he had known her long enough, he casually wrapped an arm around her shoulder and dragged her to his car but the girl immediately pulled herself away from him.

“I-It’s okay. I will just take a bus,” she said and quickly walked away from the guy which she thought weird.

“What about my 50 million won, then? Are you just going away without paying me back?” he provoked.

And those words were enough to stop her from walking.

“Follow me or return my money back right now” he said again.

She cursed under her breath, cursing the Heavens for making her crossing a path with this weird guy. She hesitantly turned around to see he was smirking at her as he opened the car door for her. Sighing, she didn’t have any choice but to reluctantly get inside the expensive car with heavy steps meanwhile Donghae continuously smirked until he got onto the driver seat.

“So what’s your name?” Donghae asked as the car started to move.

“Hana. Choi Hana,” she quietly replied, feeling nervous being in the car with a weird stranger like him. She didn’t even bother to look around the interior of the sports car that she had never thought in her entire life that she would be inside it.

“Ahh. Choi Hana..” he repeated. “I’m Donghae. Lee Donghae,” he introduced himself. Hana didn’t give any response to that but froze in her seat. “You don’t need to worry. I’m not a bad person. If I am, I won’t help you get away from the thugs and pay for your debts, you know” he said, knowing what she had in her mind.

“Neh” was what she only replied. His words made her feel relieved a little. Yes, just a little because his proposal to be his girlfriend was still playing in her mind, building awkwardness between them – or so she thought.

“I’m sorry if I made you so shocked for telling you to be my girlfriend. But I really meant it. But it’s not like what you think. Yes, I want you to be my girlfriend, but it’s a little bit different. It’s a fake one,” he was kinda whispering when saying the last part even though there was no one else besides them in the car.

Hana furrowed her eyebrows looking at him. “You mean...a fake girlfriend? Wait...you want me to be your fake girlfriend?” she stared at him as if he was crazy.

“Why? You’re disappointed?” he playfully asked.

“Aniyo! I’m not disappointed at all!” she clarified, rolling her eyes. “But seriously, why me? Why didn’t you choose other girls?” she was kinda panicked after knowing what he was up to actually.

“I think you suit for the role”

“Are you kidding me? Look at how messy I am. I’m not even rich! How can you say I suit to be your fake girlfriend?” she said in a panic tone.

“Well...I didn’t plan to make you my fake girlfriend beforehand. But since you’ve owed me my money and I really need your help, that’s why I choose you. Don’t you think we both get benefits from this?”

Hana turned silent, thinking, before she said, “You mean, I’ll return your money by being your fake girlfriend?”

“Yup”

“Why? I mean, why do you need a fake girlfriend?”

In response, Donghae told her everything that made him desperate to find a girlfriend; his mom’s plan to arrange him with her friend’s daughter if he didn’t bring his girlfriend by tomorrow.

“Tomorrow?” she said in shock.

Donghae nodded. “Please help me,” he looked at her with desperate, pleading eyes.

She was in a daze for a moment. “I don’t think I can,” she said unsure.

“Okay, fine. Now return my money back,” he held out one of his hands towards her, asking for the money on the spot, as his other hand was still holding the steering wheel.

“Are you crazy? I told you I don’t have the money right now”

“Then, just be my girlfriend”

Hana sighed. “But...” she hesitated.

“If you agreed to be my girlfriend, you don’t have to return the money but instead you would get two times more than the amount of your debt” Donghae offered.

Hana's jaw instantly dropped upon hearing his words.

“And you’re jobless now, right? I’ll find you a job. But of course after you pretend to be my girlfriend. How is it?” Donghae smiled in anticipation, quite confident that she would accept his offer this time.

She gulped. The offers were too tempting, it could hardly be rejected. After a while contemplating, she finally made a decision.

“Fine, I’ll be your girlfriend. Your fake girlfriend.”

With that, a relieved smile crept on Donghae’s face. “Thank you”

 

 

After about a 20 minutes journey, Donghae’s car arrived in front of an old apartment building where Hana stayed at. She thanked him before getting off the car and her brows knitted together in an instant when she saw Donghae getting off the car as well.

“Why aren’t you going yet?” she asked puzzledly.

“Of course I need to know where my girlfriend’s place is” he winked at her and right after that she felt her cheeks turn warm. How can he look so handsome and cute at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter