Bubble Tea [Baeksoo]

Collection of EXO Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Genre: Slife-of-life, romance, fluff

Rated: G

Word Count: 1.4k words

Pairing: Baeksoo

Requested by: N/a

Short Description: Kyungsoo has always followed the same routine, but one day something falls out of the cycle and slowly changes the usual.

 

Kyungsoo's currently walking home from college, feeling fatigue from his classes and a hunger that can only be felt at five o'clock in the evening. He takes in the usual scenery of homes, trees, etc, before he makes it to the strip mall a few blocks away from his house. He then walks past a few shops before spotting his usual haunt--a bubble tea café that's perched between a Chinese food restaurant and an arts and crafts shop.

 

Ah...but maybe I should try something new, he thinks.

 

So, he manages to walk a few steps past the café before sighing and turning back around--forever drawn to the place. It's a fairly small space inside, filled with only five small seating areas, a relatively long winding counter, a backroom door, a pastries display, and a uni bathroom to the left of said display.

 

After entering the café, Kyungsoo walks up to the counter and waits for his usual cashier to show up without so much as a glance at the menu board above him (since he always orders the same thing anyways). He then starts thinking about watching this one movie later when he finally spots the cashier that he always sees around this time, an older guy named Baekhyun, who walks out from the backroom to the middle of the counter. Kyungsoo ducks his head for a second as he feels his cheeks warming, and so, fails to notice the way that Baekhyun's eyes light up once he notices him.

 

"Kyungie! Hey, what's up?" Baekhyun asks with a smile before fiddling with his fingers a bit. "How's it going with uh--what's his name again--Jognog?"

 

Kyungsoo furrows his eyebrows in confusion at that before he guesses, "Jognog...? You mean Jongin?"

 

Baekhyun nods his head.

 

"Oh, um well I'm--"

 

"--Getting the D?" Baekhyun teases, cutting him off.

 

Kyungsoo snorts and shakes his head. "No...I'm not into him anymore."

 

Baekhyun's eyebrows lift at that and he leans forward a bit as he squeaks out an, Eh?! Kyungsoo just gives a lopsided smile in return before he asks for his usual order and takes out his wallet to retrieve four dollars.

 

"So...what changed?" Baekhyun then asks as he opens up the cash register and takes out two quarters like usual. "Three fifty."

 

"It's just..." Kyungsoo says as he hands over the dollar bills and watches as Baekhyun places them into a slot in the register. "...I dunno...the feelings--they just--they just faded."

 

"And fifty cents is your change," Baekhyun murmurs, more to himself than to Kyungsoo. "Wait, what?"

 

Kyungsoo reaches for the quarters in Baekhyun's hand and feels his fingers brush against Baekhyun's. His ears heat up and he quickly places his hand back to his own side.

 

"Seriously, what do you mean 'the feelings faded'?" Baekhyun repeats. "Haven't you been in love with that dude since like the dawn of time or whatever?"

 

Kyungsoo laughs and corrects him, "It was only since like the twelfth grade."

 

"Pfft, 'only since the twelfth grade'," Baekhyun replies with a grin.

 

"Three years isn't that long."

 

"Uh huh."

 

"It's not like feelings can't change..."

 

"I know that...I'm just surprised that they can for you, Soo," Baekhyun teases before swiveling around to walk towards the bubble tea-making machines behind the counter.

 

" you, Baek," Kyungsoo chides with a snort.

 

"Just give me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter