First of Dec [Xiuhan]

Collection of EXO Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Genre: Romance, fluff, a bit of humor, domestic!au

Rated: PG

Word Count: 1.4k words

Pairing: Xiuhan

Requested by: kirayrinnie

Summary of the Request: A fluffy Xiuhan fic with them being domestic--or basically anything that could give a good feeling.

 

It's the first day of December when Minseok asks Luhan to help him put up some Christmas decorations around their house. For the first time in their two years of marriage, this day falls on a Sunday and so Luhan has no excuse to really refuse. No work means a whole day of free time.

 

With a frown, Luhan agrees to help and asks what he should help with first.

 

Minseok gives him a look. "Well, obviously we need the tree--and oh! I almost forgot."

 

He walks away towards their bedroom and Luhan furrows his eyebrows slightly as his eyes follow Minseok's retreating figure. He scratches his scalp a bit and a few seconds later, Minseok returns with a familiar red tree skirt. Minseok places the tree skirt at the corner near the entrance to their kitchen and Luhan wonders if he's gonna have to go to some lot to buy a tree.

 

"And then I gotta get the..." Minseok mumbles to himself.

 

Luhan's eyes crinkle in confusion as he watches Minseok move towards the closet near their home's front door. Then, when he sees Minseok grabbing and carrying a heavy-looking box from the top shelf with ease, he teases Minseok with a wolf-whistle. Minseok looks at him and smirks while bringing the box over to the tree skirt, and he slinks off the couch dramatically after seeing Minseok sit down to open the box. Minseok chuckles when he sees Luhan hobbling towards him on his knees and Luhan smiles in return.

 

After Minseok opens the box, Luhan lets out an Ooh at the sight of the articifical tree parts. (The years before Minseok used real Christmas trees that dried up after about a month.)

 

Some minutes pass by consisting of them looking at the instructions, guiding each other on where a certain part goes and such, and they eventually finish setting up the tree. It's a little bit taller than Luhan's height (something that he appreciates) and Minseok wraps his arm around his husband's waist as they look at the result of their teamwork.

 

Luhan leans his head onto Minseok's head for a bit and raises his hand to touch one of the synthetic tree bristles. There are a few tiny gaps in between each branch but they can easily be concealed with those ruffly things that he can't remember the name of right now.

 

"'And now the decorations..." Minseok says, before letting go of his waist to get them from the same closet.

 

Luhan watches him and walks over to help when he sees Minseok struggling with a giant bin. "Hey--I got you," he says as he grabs onto the other end of the bin to help and he instantly groans at the weight. "...why the freak is this so heavy? Is it all the balls or something?"

 

Minseok lets out a short laugh at that and they quickly set the bin down next to the tree. Then, Minseok pries open the lid and Luhan is met with what seems like a hundred colorful ruffly snakes and ornaments. His lips part at the sight and Minseok gets to work--grabbing a blue tinsel garland and placing it around and around the tree until it can't wrap around anymore. Luhan watches him do that and grabs onto a red garland from the pile and places it around the tree in a messier manner. Too messy in Minseok's opinion.

 

"No no--that looks bad," Minseok says, moving to align the garland better.

 

Luhan frowns in response. He's never helped with this before so he asks Minseok to teach him how to do it then.

 

"You ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter