[Taohun] Dog Bickerers

Collection of EXO Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Genre: College!au, romance, slight humor

Rated: PG-ish

Word Count: 1.9k words

Pairing: Taohun

Requested by: Anonymous

Summary of the Request: Sehun is a blogger who blogs about his dog Vivi while Zitao is his classmate. He always annoys Sehun to the point where they end up bickering with each other and so Sehun really, really hates him. But what he doesn't know is that Zitao is also the anonymous guy who always leaves a nice comment on his blog (aka his #1 fan).

 

Zitao is currently the bane of Sehun's existence.

 

They take the same fashion design class, and for some reason, Sehun always ends up arguing with him. Because just something about the guy ticks him off. Like he's always keeping to himself, is so quiet (until they argue, that is), and since it's the only class that he has with him--he's never really seen any other expression on his face besides pissed off.

 

So as childish as it may seem, he asks Zitao annoying questions every day only for Zitao to not respond until he glares at him, and then he'll respond by asking him what his problem is and--

 

It's like a maelstrom between them, plain and simple.

 

---

 

At home, Sehun's in more of a chill mood as he cuddles with his puppy Vivi while typing a daily post for his blog. It's one of those things that he always looks forward to when he gets home (mostly to see the reaction from his number one fan).

 

Ever since he started this blog about Vivi a few months ago, he's gotten a surprising amount of followers and people liking his pics. Mostly, he just posts about Vivi, how lazy and cute he is, tips he's learned, and about other dog-related things. And, during that first week of being new to the website, he got an anonymous follower that cooed over how cute Vivi looks and such.

 

No matter how famous a person gets, they never really forget that feeling of getting that first fan (even if they forget the person's online screen-name). And, being the kind, friendly person that he is, Sehun always chats back with his first-ever follower leading to them having long, interesting conversations.

 

From their long talks, Sehun's learned that the Anon has an adorable Maltese named Candy, wants to become a designer, grew up practicing wushu and is the cutest person he's ever met on the internet. Literally, the anon just seems like his ideal type of person wrapped up in a semi-transparent cloud of mystery.

 

Of course, people lie on the internet and a person saying that they're just a year older than him could actually mean that they're some fifty year old bachelor for all he knows. Nevertheless, despite that mystery surrounding the Anon, his heart always pounds faster when he sees a new message from them. And at first, it took some acceptance of himself to get used to the fact that he's infatuated with someone he's never seen or met in real life. But, now he's used to it.

 

Used to the anticipative jitters he gets whenever he logs in, the excited butterflies in his stomach when he gets a response from the person, and the smile that creeps up onto his face once they're both online at the same time. Which fortunately happens often enough that Sehun figures that they might be living in the same time-zone as him.

 

A part of him wishes that they lived in the same city too but he's never asked--deeming that to be too invasive.

 

-----

 

Around two weeks later, Sehun's walking with his older friend Junmyeon, talking about their dogs Byul and Vivi. They're just passing by one of their college's hallways, on the way to their mutual class together, and completely oblivious to the other people chatting and passing them by.

 

But if Sehun looked up just a smidge, he'd notice the expression of pure shock appearing on Zitao's face as the latter stands outside a nearby classroom. Sehun's figure disappears into the throng of people, and Zitao eventually dips into his classroom, wondering if he heard that name right.

 

Vivi?

 

-----

 

That same day when he gets home, Sehun gets an unexpected private message from his favorite Anon. The person's way of messaging is so unique that it doesn't ever take more than a few seconds for him to realize that it's the same person every time.

 

He quickly reads through the message, fingers already poised to respond to the question of whether or not he'd ever pose with Vivi.

 

"Maybe," Sehun says out loud as he types the same message back.

 

He blushes a bit as he imagines his Anon responding well to a hypothetical photo of himself and Vivi. And a minute later, the Anon responds back with, I bet you'd be just as handsome~

 

Letting out a happy laugh and with his confidence boosted skywards, Sehun quickly gets to work preening himself and coaxing a lazy Vivi to pose with him. Once he finally gets a pic that he deems good enough, he posts it to his blog and waits anxiously.

 

Unfortunately, minutes go by without a respons

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter