[Kaisoo] Flower Crown Pt 2

Collection of EXO Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Genre: Highschool!au, fluff, romance, humor

Rated: PG

Word Count: 1.8k words

Pairing: Kaisoo

Requested by: N/a

Short Description: Kyungsoo's got a crush on Flower Crown, and doesn't really know what to do about it. But, maybe his crush isn't actually one-sided.

 

After seeing Flower Crown for the first time in the school library, Kyungsoo finds himself having two crushes now. One still on that hot Senior guy from his drama class, and one now on Jongin, the not-so-elusive Flower Crown.

 

Every time Kyungsoo's in the library; Jongin ends up showing up too, with whatever hot outfit on, a pretty flower crown atop his head, and the brightest smile on his face as he greets the librarian. Kyungsoo tends to sit near the entrance, studying or writing last-minute for whatever assignment, all while occasionally glancing up for any sign of his crushes.

 

Then, something changes.

 

Specifically, he ends up finding out that his Senior crush has a boyfriend, and so he finds himself feeling moodier for days after the discovery.

 

He still feels butterflies appear in his stomach whenever Jongin enters the library though but ends up working on his classwork with more frowns than usual for the rest of the school-week. Until today, when his best friend Baekhyun joins him to help cheer him up/study together.

 

Currently, they're just laughing and joking around, and Kyungsoo playfully shoves Baekhyun away for a crude joke he just made before sensing that someone's looking at him. Without a thought, he looks towards the entrance, and then it's like time stands still as he locks eyes with a now-surprised Jongin, who then quickly averts his eyes.

 

...Huh?

 

"Um, am I missing something?" Baekhyun asks once Kyungsoo goes back to writing. Or well, pretending to write now that he knows that Jongin is here.

 

"Hm?" he replies, not looking up from his paper.

 

"You two like know each other or something?"

 

And so, after getting multiple pokes at his side to get him to talk, Kyungsoo ends up whispering to Baekhyun about his crush on Jongin. And Baekhyun's eyes seem to sparkle as he says that he's gonna help him get Jongin's attention then.

 

-------

 

Jongin's got a secret.

 

Or well, it used to be a secret until Sehun and Taemin fished it out of him.

 

And it's nothing super serious, nothing too deep, other than that he has a crush. On that one guy he sees every time he stops by the library (which is turning out to be every day now). Who has the cutest heart-shaped smile and crinkled eyes when he's laughing with his friend(s). And even when he's not smiling, he still looks so attractive to Jongin that it's kinda unfair to him.

 

How can someone look so hot yet cute while doing nothing?

 

Anyway, because he is who he is, Jongin doesn't hide his infatuation for too long. (If almost two weeks of just glancing at the guy and smiling to himself counts as not too long.)

 

Currently, it's Thursday, right after school's over, and he's heading over to the library with a determined expression on his face, and anxious butterflies fluttering about in his stomach. He's told himself the whole day that he's finally gonna talk to his crush. No matter what!

 

As soon as he pushes past the library doors, he looks over to where his crush usually sits at before blinking in surprise when he doesn't spot him there. A feeling of disappointment then quickly washes over him and he's just about to head back out when he hears some soft humming coming from where the check-out counter is and freezes.

 

It's his crush, with a flower crown on.

 

"Wow..." he whispers in awe.

 

Somehow, his crush seems to have heard him though and turns around to look at him, and Jongin's heart pounds faster as they lock eyes. He then glances at his crush's plump lips then up to the flower crown and back to his pretty eyes before parting his lips to say something.

 

"Um, that flower crown...looks really nice on you," he says with a shy, nervous smile forming on his face.

 

With that adorable smile of his (and are his ears turning red?), his crush thanks him, and Jongin feels like he's gonna explode with how nervous yet infatuated he feels right now.

 

His crush then looks like he's about to say something else when the librarian suddenly comes up the counter and greets them. They both turn to look at her, and his crush gives him a side-glance before asking her if he can check out this one book on a shelf that's too high to reach apparently.

 

Before the librarian can even respond though, Jongin blurts out that he can help him. Both then turn to look at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter