Like the Sun [Kaibaek]

Collection of EXO Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Genre: Fluff, romance, a bit of humor, a bit of slice of life

Rated: PG

Word Count: 1k words

Pairing: Kaibaek

Requested by: Ikigai___

Summary of the Request: A fluffy fic where either Baekhyun or Jongin is kind of socially awkward around certain people, but Jongin catches a glimpse of a hyper-active Baek and grows warm towards him.

 


"Hey, you."

 

Jongin automatically looks up from the assignment he was doing and comes face-to-face with the class clown of his art class. Baekhyun.

 

Jongin finds himself getting butterflies in his stomach as he takes in the other's facial features. Usually, he'd be paying more attention to his work than Baekhyun's antics to get people laughing. But, seeing Baekhyun up close makes him realize just how cute this Baekhyun guy really is.

 

"...Why are you staring at me like that?" Baekhyun asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

 

Jongin blinks in surprise, not having realized that he was basically ogling the guy. He gulps and shifts his eyes to their surroundings for a second. "Um, I was just--uh--I--um..." He rubs the back of his own neck awkwardly. "I...you said hey?"

 

Baekhyun's lips curl into a slight smirk. "You're cute."

 

Jongin's eyes widen. "I--wh-what?"

 

Baekhyun leans in closer and slowly repeats himself with crinkling eyes. "You...are...cute." He ends with a finger tap to Jongin's nose and Jongin jumps back a bit--blinking and looking cross-eyed at the finger.

 

"Don't do that," he says with a frown.

 

"I'm sorry, it's just--look at you! Tall...handsome...deep voice," Baekhyun says, as he sits down in a seat next to him. "You're like my dream guy, Jongin."

 

"I--" Jongin says with his plump lips parted and his cheeks raised. He's never gotten a compliment like that before. "Y-you know my name?"

 

Baekhyun furrows his eyebrows while smirking. "Well yeah...we're in the same class."

 

"But you--you barely know m--"

 

"That reminds me!"

 

Jongin's wide eyes quickly get even wider. "Huh?"

 

"Let's play twenty questions~ Get to know each other better," Baekhyun says, his eyes twinkling.

 

"Uh...o-okay."

 

---


Nineteen introductive and hilarious questions later, Baekhyun pauses--seemingly in thought about what to ask last. Jongin's found himself laughing more in the past minutes than he has in maybe his entire life. So by this time, he's leaning back in his chair with his hands clasped on his lap as he waits for the next and final question.

 

"Wanna go on a date with me this Saturday?"

 

Safe to say, Jongin's face gets unbelievably red as he murmurs out, Um...okay.

 

Baekhyun's wide smile e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter