[Kaisoo] Serving for Two

Collection of EXO Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Genre: Youtuber!au, romance, humor

Rated: PG

Word Count: 2.1k words

Pairing: Kaisoo

Requested by: N/a

Short Description: Every Monday, Kyungsoo livestreams for his fans as he cooks. This time, he's gonna show them how me makes his famous kimchi spaghetti, and his boyfriend Jongin just so happens to be there in the background.

 

It's finally Monday noon again and that means that it's time for Kyungsoo to livestream for his fans. For about three years now, Kyungsoo's been making food-related content and posting them on his Youtube channel.

 

He's one of the lesser known food channels on there still, but it's always been fine for him. Because this way, he can still feel like himself and reach out to his fans, new and old, without feeling too much added pressure like he's seen happen to some of the more bigger channels.

 

Today, per a request from a regular subscriber, Kyungsoo's decided to show his fans, his Dandanies, how he makes his 'legendary' kimchi spaghetti. So, after making sure he has everything set up properly, he glances over at his boyfriend Jongin (who's sitting on a nearby counter) before turning on the livestream via his laptop.

 

It always takes a few minutes for his fans to sign in and comment once he's started a livestream though. So, he patiently waits while watching for any notifications to pop up in his feed and types in his usual greeting as people start to join the livestream chat. He then smiles as the few fans who are here right now greet him back enthusiastically and leans back from the counter as he prepares to start.

 

"Hey, my Dandanies! Hope you've all been doing well!" he starts with a grin.

 

More comments quickly flood in with variations of Yes, Kinda, and No and Kyungsoo chuckles and adjusts his glasses when one long-time subscriber asks What's Papa Soo cooking for us today?!

 

"Ahah you're too much," Kyungsoo responds to them with a laugh. Several commenters immediately guess today's meal correctly though and he smiles as he reads some more. "Mhm, I'm gonna make my famous kimchi spaghetti today!"

 

After reading the excited responses and such, he then moves his camera and its mini-tripod over to the counter behind him to actually begin.

 

"Okay, so uh this recipe's fairly simple--" He lowers his voice. "--Don't tell my ma I said that though haha."

 

Out of the corner of his eye, he can see Jongin silently chuckle at that and he continues smiling as he grabs the camera to show his fans what he's gonna be working with today.

 

"So, what you're gonna need first is half of an onion, doesn't matter what type really. You could even use onion powder if you don't really like eating onions--it's up to you." He moves the camera to the right. "Next up, you need one good bell pepper, again can be any color, or any pepper that's spicy enough for you..."

 

Then, he proceeds to list off one scallion, some kimchi, some slices of ham, one full box of spaghetti, any type of tomato sauce (homemade's even better though!), and any type of cheese.

 

"So, all of this together usually serves about two people--" He glances at Jongin before looking back at the camera. "--Um, or if you're making it for yourself--you could eat it for one meal and save the rest for another time."

 

No-pollo-no-vida: But what if I wanna eat it all at once tho? lol

 

Kyungsoo lets out a laugh as he reads that. "Haha, trust me--even just half of this will fill ya up real quick."

 

Jongin lets out a soft chuckle at that (probably also remembering the time he tried to eat the whole thing in one sitting and failed) and Kyungsoo's lips quirk at the sound as he turns on the sink to wash his hands.

 

EbonyDark'ness: Um...am I the only one who heard something in the background just then???
StanLoona2k19: yEAH I HEARD A LAUGH
kingsandqueens: wait really? I didn't hear anything

 

Kyungsoo inwardly laughs as the majority of his fans start sleuthing, and just says, Alright, let's cut some veggies!

 

---

 

Kyungsoo's always been open with his fans about his uality since the day he started this channel. All of them know that he's gay and many seem to be LGBT+ themselves. And when he first started, he was single as a pringle, but then after a meet-up with some friends last year, he met Jongin and well, the rest is history.

 

Thing is though, his fans don't actually know that he's dating Jongin (yet). Because ever since he first started, he's always made it clear to them that yes, he talks to them about a lot of things, but, there are obviously some things (and some people) that he'd like to keep private.

 

So, as he's washing and then cutting his vegetables, he tries not to pay too much attention to Jongin, lest his fans start getting more curious. But, Jongin's also watching the livestream on his phone and looks so cute as his eyes crinkle with amusement as he scrolls through and reads the rapidly moving comments. One comment then stands out to Kyungsoo as it's a name he's never seen before.

 

Water_is_wet: Omg, I finally caught one of your livestreams!! Kyungsoo, I seriously love y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter