[Various] Training Pt. 2

Collection of EXO Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Genre: Mama!au, romance, some humor

Rated: PG

Word Count: 2.2k words

Pairing: Kaisoo, Xiuhan, Taohun, Baekyeol

Requested by: N/a

Short Description: Once again, the twelve friends have a training session in the royal courtyard.

 

Once again, the twelve friends are at the royal courtyard during their second time visiting the King and Queen this week. It's a usual thing for them to just chat and/or spend time with either of the two diarchs and the rest of the royal staff.

 

This time though, they're all feeling kinda bored, so at some point Baekhyun pipes up and asks if they want to have a training session to pass the time.

 

"What?" a few of them chorus.

 

Tao looks up from playing with a softly smiling Sehun's fingers and asks, "Wait, like we did before we left?"

 

"Yeah but like this time, the rounds probably won't end as quick, ya know," Baekhyun responds. "We're experienced and all that now."

 

Tao smirks. "Heh, you say that...but. History does tend to repeat itself~"

 

"Bite me," Baekhyun replies with a too-sweet smile.

 

"In your in'--"

 

"Okay!" Suho interrupts, getting up from his seat. Everyone turns to look at him. "Training sounds like fun. Yup. Good...wholesome fun."

 

Lay stretches his arms out with his hands intertwined and lets out a sigh at the cracking sound that follows. "Well, if we're doing it again then I guess I could be the referee. Ya know, reprise my role."

 

Chen lifts up a hand. "And I'm out."

 

"Same here," Chanyeol says with a yawn from his seat. He was taking a nap just before this.

 

Baekhyun's eyes get softer as he half-smiles at him before he turns to Kai's and Kyungsoo's direction. "So?" he asks.

 

Kai scratches at the side of his own neck for a second before saying Got It, and porting out of the courtyard. A few seconds later, he comes back laughing while holding a writing utensil and something to write on as he walks back to the benches.

 

Curiously, the others gather around him and ask what happened and he tells them about how he accidentally scared a royal guard. Kyungsoo ends up smiling at his laughter while a few of the others laugh along at the imagery he provides. Then, after playing four rounds of the Earth game scissors, rock, paper, they finally decide on who will go against who.

 

While Lay makes a make-shift referee seat, Chanyeol, Chen and Tao sit at their own separate bench to watch while Sehun and Suho start the first round.

 

---

 

It's the same rules as before, i.e. whoever gets touched by the other's power loses (but it doesn't count if the power spreads out too easily).

 

After getting into their positions, Kyungsoo purses his lips to whistle before Chen asks if he can do it instead. With wide eyes, he blinks before telling him Sure. So, Chen does the starting whistle before grinning and the match begins. Immediately, Sehun and Suho both summon their powers and launch them at each other at roughly the same time, causing wind and water to collide and splash onto the ground below.

 

Then, Sehun places a foot forward and leans back a bit as he launches burst after burst of wind discs like some kinda discount-Spiderman. At the benches, Baekhyun's the first to laugh at his pose and even Suho himself can't help but chuckle as he easily lifts a hand up and creates a wall of water to block the hits.

 

This goes on for a good moment before he glances at his friends and hears Tao call out a Get 'im, Hunnie! Uh, no offense, Suho! and turns wide eyes to the sight of air bubbles rapidly expanding in his water-wall. If any of them pop and hit him--he's out!

 

So, he quickly claws the hand that's holding the wall up and claws his other before moving them towards each other in an X formation. The water quickly joins together, air bubbles and all, and he jumps back when he finally notices Sehun standing not in front but to the left of what was once his defense.

 

With crinkled eyes, Sehun blows out a long gust of wind in his direction, and Suho barely has any time to move his large, bubbly water mix towards the incoming wind before they collide and all of the air bubbles pop.

 

As his hair and clothes move backwards and the mixture douses Sehun, Suho frowns. Unfortunately, he just wasn't quick enough.

 

"Uh...Sehun wins?" Lay announces, after noticing Sehun's triumphant smile.

 

A few of the others cheer while Suho walks up to the drenched wind-maker and removes the water from his clothes with a small smile. "Good job," he says while fixing his own hair and Sehun tells him the same before they both walk over to the benches.

 

Suho joins the 'losers' side with the ones who opted out (and gets comforted by them), and Sehun joins the 'winners' side. Kai crosses out Suho's name and circles Sehun's name before adding a mini-crown to show that he won the round, and Lay announces the next 'competitors'.

 

---

 

Next up, is the winner from their very first training session in this very place...vs Kris. As in, Lay literally announces the two of them as that and Kris gives him a look while Xiumin chuckles.

 

"Kick his , Min!" Luhan calls out with a wide grin.

 

He gives an Okay sign in return and Kris looks for support from at least someone and locks eyes with Tao and Kyungsoo.

 

"Uhm, good luck?" Kyungsoo calls out. Kai laughs at Kris' blan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter