Heads Up [Sekaisoo]

Collection of EXO Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Genre: Drama, angst, slight!crack, friendship

Rated: PG-15

Word Count: 1.7k words

Pairing: Kaisoo, Sekai

Requested by: N/a

Short Description: Jongin's walking home one night when he sees a head drop onto the pavement in front of him and freaks the heck out.

 

It starts as any other night for Jongin. He's just walking home from work towards his apartment home when suddenly a person's head drops from the heavens and plops right in front of his feet.

 

Safe to say, he lets out a scream of terror and jumps back with his eyes wide and his heart pounding fast. A second later he hears a deep Sorry from above and lifts his eyes in fear only to gasp when he sees one of his neighbors with his head sticking out of the window.

 

Then, another guy appears next to his neighbor and shouts out, "Wait right there--I'm coming down!"

 

But Jongin doesn't give him a chance to and quickly runs away.

 

---

 

He makes it to his home in a sweat, with his chest heaving and his breaths coming out ragged. He's not sure what to do first...barricade his doors, call the police, curl up into a ball...But then he thinks of his cute neighbor and that other guy and panics, wondering if he should've stayed to save him somehow.

 

The second guy's eyes looked too feral for him to be human anyway.

 

He tries taking deep breaths and runs his hand through his hair repeatedly to calm himself down only for that sense of dread to grow even more. Then, his eyes widen again when he hears footsteps approaching in the hall behind his back and he quickly moves away from the door.

 

He dares a er to ring at a time like this.

 

But lo and behold, his doorbell gets rung by someone repeatedly and after grabbing a stray frying pan from his kitchen, Jongin creeps up to the door and peeks through the peephole to see who it is. He jumps back and accidentally gasps loudly when he sees that it's his neighbor and that other guy who's carrying the dead person's head.

 

Then there's a knock on his door.

 

"Jongin," his neighbor murmurs on the other side. "Please open up."

 

Jongin can't believe his neighbor is in cahoots with a murderer. Why is it always the cute ones?!

 

Another knock.

 

"Hey, man, we're sorry we dropped her like that," the second guy says. "I was just having fun with her and then--well."

 

A throat gets cleared.

 

"She's a surprisingly sturdy head though."

 

Holy --she had a sturdy head?! Jongin thinks, bringing an index finger to his lips and pushing upwards.

 

Then, he thinks that if they're about to confess to a murder, he should get it on tape but then remembers that they live in a place where both parties need to know that there's a recording and curses softly.

 

"He's not coming out, Soo," the second guy says.

 

A sigh.

 

"Let's go."

 

"You sure?" the second guy asks and Jongin hears retreating footsteps. "...Ugh, now we gotta clean up the mess..."

 

"What do you mean we? You're the one who did it..."

 

And then he can't hear anymore of their conversation.

 

He slides down the door and covers his face with his hands to cry.

 

---

 

He calls out of work the next day so that he can stay in and ruminate over what happened last night. When he turns on the local news channel, there's no talk of a homicide or beheading, no talk of two shorter guys with black hearts. He turns it back off and cuddles closer to his body pillow.

 

A few hours later, when his work shift was supposed to start, he gets a text from his friend/co-worker, a guy named Sehun.

 

Sehun: Where you at?

 

Jongin sighs and rolls over onto his side as he texts back, I'm not coming in today. I'm sick.

 

He figures that it's better to lie than to include anyone he cares about on his neighbor's hit-list.

 

Sehun: Ah, srsly? That ...I'll come over later with some soup

 

Jongin's eyes widen. You don't have to do that.

 

Sehun: Nah, I owe you one, man. I'll be there when I'm off, ok?

 

Jongin sighs and texts back, Okay.

 

He repeats the word over and over again.

 

---

 

True to his word, Sehun does appear at his front door with soup som

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter