Heart to Heart’s Talk

The Precious One

 

Both of us were crying for about an hour before we finally calmed down.

Once we done with our emotion vented, I led her sit in the bench, still linked my arm around her shoulder. Our eyes were puffed, and we were both physically and emotionally tired. However, we felt better than before.

“Mianhae…” Heeyoun spoke first. She wrapped her arms around my waist and snuggling closer. “Mianhae, Eomma… Mianhae…” I could feel her tears started to flow again.

I sighed heavily.

“Do Eomma have to tell you, how much I’m feeling disappointed right now?” I decided to tell her my true feeling. “I won’t conceal it, Heeyoun-ah… I was feeling like the universe fell down in my head when I heard the truth came from those bastard mouth…” I felt Heeyoun tensed a bit when I mentioned L.Joe.

“But the feeling is nothing… It’s nothing compared the pain that I felt when I realized that you didn’t tell me anything about it before…” I let the sorrow filled my voice. “Why, Heeyoun-ah? Why didn’t you tell me something important like this?” Heeyoun didn’t utter any words. Instead, she sobbed harder im my shoulder.

“Am I really don’t worth your trust enough?”

“NO!” With that words, Heeyoun broke her hug and looked at me straight. “No, Eomma! Don’t ever thinking of yourself that way! You’re the best Eomma I can ever asked!”

“Then why?” My voice was shaking with the mixing of emotion. “Why did you never tell me? You did abortion twice... Twice, Heeyoun… Yet, you didn’t utter any words about it to me…”

“I just…” Heeyoun bit her lips. “I just don’t want to make you worry… And I don’t wanna make you feel sad, because I know you never like L.Joe…” She bursted into crying once again.

“I… I realized that I did wrong, even since the first time I took the abortion form… But, Eomma… I can’t help myself but did it…” She stared at me desperately. “I love him, Eomma… I’m afraid to loose him if I didn’t follow his words…” She hugged me, sniffling hard. Unconsciously, tears escaped from my eyes.

Oh, my grand children… I’m sorry… I can’t ever meet you all…

“But at the end, you have to leave him… Right?” I muttered.

“I… know…” she said between her sobs. She tried to inhale deeply and stopped crying. “I know it’s late… Too late… But after he command me to abort our child for the third times… I realize that he is a monster… A monster who is willing to kill his own blood children… Or maybe his whole family… If they blocked his way… And I can’t stand together with someone like that…”

Heeyoun managed to stop crying and released her arms of me.

“Eoddoke, Eomma?” He asked me tiredly.

I sighed. Actually, I didn’t know either.

“Let’s go home first,” I suggested. “Let’s talk with your father about this, and decide what we should do after.”

I tried to say it casually, hiding my fear deep inside my heart.

As his wife for the past 19 years, I saw that Hoya would never hurt his children physically, no matter how naughty they were. Maybe he would rant at them for their mistakes, but he would does it un the normally way the parents did when they were mad at their children.

Unfortunately, that was before he changed. That was the moment when he seemed very careful to us, the time when our family was blessed by the pure bliss, when I could say confidently that I understood him the best.

Because recently, I barely never understood him. We were no better than a stranger.

What about now? Will he stay calm when we tell him about this big news? That his daughter is pregnant before married?

Silently, I crossed my fingers inside my pocket, praying sneakily.

I just hope everything is going to be well.


 

Read the next chapter, please~ :3 -->