My Personal Sanctuary

The Precious One

 

I still sat motionlessly in the same spot half an hour after Eunji left. My head was so full of thought that I bet it would explode in any minute. I sighed for umpteenth times today.

I honestly thought Eunji will be cooperative and leave Hoya after I told her that I know the truth… But who knows she can be so b*tchy and stubborn like this? I laughed bitterly. I guess I am too naïve to even think like that.

I stared outside of the café’s window. There wasn’t any specific object that caught my eyes, actually.

Until I saw this young couple walking pass the café I was in.

They were still so young, maybe just a few years older than Heeyoun. They intertwined their hands and walking beside each other happily. The girls kept babbling about something while the boy nodded occasionally to response. But that wasn’t the thing that caught my sight. It was the way boy looked at the other.

The way the boy looked at the girl… I was pretty sure that every girl in the world would kill to have their boyfriend looked at them like that. He seemed genuinely care towards the girl. His stare’s at her obviously showed the people that she was the only girl in his mind. He looked at her as if she was the most precious thing in the world. As if she was the only thing that lighted his world. There were care, love, and safety in his eyes. The emotion clearly sparked, that even the stranger like me could feel the warmness just by saw his eyes. Man, whoever the girl, I was really sure that she was the luckiest girl on the earth. Unconsciously, I smiled to see the sight.

I tore my gaze towards my Vanilla Latte again after the couple were nowhere to see. Again, I let out deep sigh.

Hoya was used to look at me like that. I thought sadly. Note to myself: used to. Because of that Jung Eunji…

I shook my head quickly. No, to blame the other people was the last thing I wanted. What was the point of blaming the other, even when they were at fault? That would change nothing.

The message ring suddenly broke my gloomy thought. I checked my phone and found one message from Minwoo, informed me that he wouldn’t go home this night because he would sleep over in his friend’s house. I texted back to let him knew that I gave my permission before I put back the phone into my bag.

Now what should I do? There’s no point to go home and see nobody there. It’s not like Hoya would be at home too, since recently he always uses his busy works as an excuse to not go home. Or at least, that what I believe before I found out that he was cheating on me. I smiled cynically. Now after I found out, I’m not sure anymore. I snorted furiously.

I inhaled deeply to decrease my anger inside.

Now, now, Sanghee… Think again about the place I can go at this moment…

I couldn’t bother to go to Sangeun’s house that time, since I knew that she would bombarded me with plenty questions once I stepped in front of her house. It was not I didn’t like it. I just… Not ready yet to tell her about the b*tchyness –was that even a word?– of Jung Eunji. Knowing Sangeun, she probably cursed both of Eunji and Hoya to death, and then forced me to leave Hoya soon.

Again, it was not like I haven’t thought about got divorced with Hoya today. But, you knew, to divorce with someone was a big deal. I couldn’t just follow my emotion and did irrational thing. I have to think of everything wisely. But with my current condition, I doubted I could think of anything without involved my personal feeling.

I needed someone to guard me. Someone who could listen to my problem, yet wise enough to not jumping in conclusion instantly. Someone who was neutral enough to make rational decision for me.

But, who?

All of sudden, the image of Sunggyu popped in my head.

Maybe it’s not a bad idea to visit our oldest sibling for advice. After all, he’s always been the wisest among the three of us. I nodded thoughtfully. I reached my phone out of my bag and dial his number.

“Hello?”

“Gyu Oppa?”

“Oh, it’s you Hee-ya!” Even since we were young, Sunggyu always called me Hee-ya instead of Sanghee. “Wow, it’s been a long time, eh?”

“Right,” I smiled inwardly. I didn’t know either, but talking to my siblings was always made my smile rose. “Oppa, I wonder if I can visit you… Are you busy?”

There was temporary silent from the other line before Sunggyu answered with understanding tone, ”No, Sweety. Come, come! You know you always be welcome here, right?”

Uhh…Okay? What was with his tone?

Don’t tell me that he already know my problem with Hoya?

I must be thought that loud because not so long, I heard Sunggyu laughed on the other line.

“Oh, dear… Did you really expect Sangeun to not tell me about all that happened?" he asked me amusedly. "I may be oblivious of everything... But you know Sangeun. She will update everything that happened around us for me. After all, we promised that there won’t be any secret between the Kims, right?” he said in fatherly tone.

Right. I mentally face palmed. How could I forget that Sangeun always tattles tail about everything with Sunggyu? I rolled my eyes. What a wonderful sibling I have here.

“But, you know… I’m not ‘Kim’ anymore! I’m ‘Lee’ now!” I joked, obviously tried to distract him about the topic.

Not now… I’ll talk to him about it when I meet him face to face.

I didn’t know if Sunggyu got my hint, but after a moment of silent, Sunggyu chuckled.

“Still, you’re our siblings. That’s why, you will be the part of the Kims forever, Hee-ya,” he assured me warmly. “So, when will you come?”

“Uhm… Now?” I replied hesitantly. My brother was just like Sangeun, they have their own company to be taken care. That was why, I was often afraid if I bothered them by my sudden appearance. Lucky for me, my siblings have unspoken rule to put each other’s sake on the top priority. Even if they were busy, they always have time for me.

They are truly my personal sanctuary. I never stop to thank God for the wonderful sibling like them…

“Sure thing, dear,” Sunggyu agreed. “You can go here by yourself, right? Or should I send our chauffeur there?”

“What am I? 5?” I laughed at my overprotective brother. “I can go there by myself. Don’t worry, Grandpa Gyu,” I said in the mocking tone. ‘Grandpa Gyu’ was my and Sangeun’s pet name for our dearest older brother.

“And to tell you I’m not a Grandpa yet,” Sunggyu sighed dramatically. “You and Sangeun are really like to tease me, aren’t you? Tsk! Naughty sisters!” he grumbled. I just laughed at his ranting. “Well, then… I’ll wait for you, Hee-ya. See ya soon, dear! I love you!”

“Love you too, Oppa!” I replied before I hung up.

I paid my drink before walked out of the café. I stopped a cab and soon enough my ride escorted me to my brother’s house.

Hope he can help me…


 

What am I doing here? .__. Instead of did my assignments, I wrote this chapter .-. Oh, me and my weak focus-ability -.- /le sigh/

Anyhow, please welcome Grandpa Gyu~ xD *throwing confetti

Somehow, I feel bad because I just mentioned his name in some chapter, but never really gave him ‘time to shine’ lol… what am I talking about? xD. That’s why I give him his role as the oldest brother here~ :3 because I always want to have older brother, but all I got was an older sister .__. #sigh

Oh, and please vote here~ ^^ I really really want to know your opinion~ :3

Last but not least, how is this chapter? I’m sorry if this is boring you .__. #bows Still, hope you like is! :))

 

See ya next time~ :D