Surpised Call

The Precious One

 

I sat in the windowsill, looking at the rain outside the house with the gloomy feeling.

Rain… Thunder…

Darkness…

It just captured my life perfectly.

Because even since we found out about Heeyoun’s pregnancy, my life turned down from worse to be worst.

Hoya seemed to be more cruel to me, to us. He didn’t hesitated to yell at me or slapped me when I did something ‘unappropiated’ for him. And as if the thing hasn’t be worst, he even tried hit Heeyoun and threw harsh words everytime he see her. His lovely-sweet-caring-figured was nowhere to found more.

As for Heeyoun, she grew more depressed as day passed by. She have asked her college to take a break for a semester. That was mean, she didn’t has to go anywhere. That was actually a problem, ‘though… Since she refused to leave her room, especially when Hoya was home. Being pregnant without having a father for your children is bad enough. And Hoya’s attitude didn’t make her felt any better.

She spent her days by crying in her room. And whenever she stopped crying, she would beg me for umpteenth time to abort her baby, which of course refused strongly.

What kind of a woman I am, if I let the baby’s innocent life taken away without any reason?

Beside, she needed to take the responsibility. I knew she felt frustrated and all at the moment, but I believed I did the right thing. I am a mother, after all. I knew when the times came, she would  eventually thank me because I held on the baby firmly.

Now my only hope was Minwoo.

Finally, he started to go back to his old self, the Minwoo that I loved and once being my closest company in this house. Of course he didn’t change drastically, as in suddenly being sweet and all to us. But at least, I saw the glint of careness in his eyes every time he saw us. That was maybe just a small good change. But for me, it was worth to take it as a hope that he would totally went back to his old self soon.

I closed my eyes and tiredly massaged my temples.

My world seemed crunched. And my heart hardly couldn’t find the joy that keep me strong.

It seems like my life has lost the light of it.

Well, what was a better words to describe it?

Even just for a day... I wish I can escape from this cruel reality...

The ring tone of U-Kiss’ Someday suddenly broke my deep mused. Expressionless, I took my phone and answered it without checked at the caller’s id.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Eonni!” A cheerful voice from the other side made me raised an eyebrow. I took a glance of my phone display before smiled and put it back near my ear.

“Sangeun-ie~ Bogoshipeo~” I said gently to my only dongsaeng which I rarely saw since she was married to one of world well known businessman, Kim Myungsoo. It was either she followed her husband to take care their company all around the world, or she took care her own jewelry business and their children. Because of her hectic schedule, we barely even met or just called each other once in a month. But whenever we have phone’ conversation or maybe real meeting, we made sure to have our best quality time.

“Na do, Eonni~ I really wanna meet you and hug you,” She whined. I laughed a little.

Aigooo~ I can’t believe that this dongsaeng of mine is actually have two teenage children now! I mean, look at the childish’ attitude of her! But that’s what make her my forever cute little sister~

“Sure, I wanna see you too,” I smiled to myself.

“Then, let’s meet!” She cheered. “Come to my house, and we can spend time together! Let’s have our sister’ bonding time! What will you say, Eonni?” She asked hopefully.

Aigo, this kid… How come I say no if she seems so eager to see me? But again, I’m not in the mood today

I opened my mouth, ready to politely declined her offer, before in a rush changed my mind.

Maybe… Sangeun can help me clear my mind? After all, she practically my sister who knows the best of me and my best friend who is usually able to solve my problem…

“Alright, my baby dongsaeng. I’ll be there in an hour,” I chuckled as I heard her happiness squeal in the other side.

”Great! I’ll be waiting for you! Or should I picked you from your house?” I cringed as she said that.

Was here really my house? Home was where your heart belonged. And lately, I don’t feel it belonged here…

It seems more like hell for me now…

“No, sweety~ I could go by a cab there. Just wait for me, okay?” I assured her, secretly praying that she wouldn’t notice my different tone.

She was quiet for a moment.

“…Alright, I’ll just wait you here.” Her tone sounded concerned and wary now. I sighed and mentally facepalmed my face.

Sangeun always sounds like this whenever she smells anything bothering me… I better be ready to answer her bombarded questions later…

“Well, see you later, Sangeun-ie,” I muttered.

“See you later, Eonni~ And be ready to explain your gloomy tone, okay?” She said energetically, made my smile automatically went back. That’s the other side I loved about Sangeun. She could instantly lifted up my mood just by her cheerful voice.

“Alright, curious cat,” I teased and heard her laughed loudly before our line went dead.

I changed and left a note in dinner table, just in case Heeyoun or Minwoo was looking for me. Done, I made my way to go to Sangeun’s house.

I hope I get my solution of this puzzled drama soon…