A Crack Heart

The Precious One

 

My curiosity was up as I smiled encouragingly to her.

“Well.” Sangeun looked down and playing with her fingers as she started, “It’s about Hoya Oppa.”

My eyes slightly widened as I heard his name, but I maintained my expression calm.

“Do you remember that I promised you to probe him through my friends a while ago? The result is out now,” She took out a big chocolate envelop from her bag and shifted it warily towards me.

I just stared blankly at it.

There lied the truth about my husband. And based on Sangeun attitude, I was pretty sure that it would explain his changed of behavior recently.

But, am I ready to know it now?

“Eonni,” I snapped out my trance to hear Sangeun’s voice. I saw her expression became more worry. I smile to comfort her and reached the envelope, ready to open it.

Here we go.

There were only three documents inside the envelope.

One, the paper which looked like the bail out’s contract.

Two, the paper that seemed like the copy of an agreement.

And three, the document that full of my husband picture with another woman.

I felt my heart drop.

So, this is it? This is the reason why my husband changes? He cheated on me?

“Sangeun-ie,” I called her with waver voice. “This is it? It’s all because he’s cheating on me?”

Sangeun sighed.

“It will be easier if I could agree with that statement. But, the problem is… It’s way more complicated than that,” she mumbled sadly.

“Then can you please explain it?” I didn’t care anymore about my ripped heart. I just wanted to hear the truth.

All of the truth.

“Well, Eonni… First of all, you are fully aware that you were married to Hoya Oppa because of the our gradfather's last wish, right? Do you know that at that time Hoya Oppa already has a girlfriend?” She chose her words carefully.

“Yeah,” I nodded. That was true. We met first because my grandpa’s promise to his grandpa’s that they will married a pair of their grand children, which are to my luck, me and Hoya.

Not like I protest, though. Without they arranged this marriage, I may never meet someone as great as Hoya to be my husband.

… At least, he used to be my great full husband until he changed.

“But he told me that they broke up right before our wedding day. He said he would try to love me, that was why he asked his ex-girlfriend to let him married me.” And to add, his  ex-girlfriend has agreed with him. So, what was the problem?

“That’s true,” Sangeun agreed. “They broke up right before your wedding day. And while Hoya Oppa tried to love you –which he did successfully– his ex tried to move on too. She married with another businessman a year after your marriage with Hoya Oppa. But unfortunately, their marriage wasn’t as success as yours.”

“They divorced?” I asked curiously.

“Yeah, on their tenth years of marriage.” Sangeun’s answer made my eyes wided.

“They lasted for tenth years, though. Why did they suddenly divorce?” I felt a little uneasy to talk about my husband ex, yet I put aside that feeling.

“Because the Madam cheated,” Sangeun put disapproving face. “She cheated with the more successful CEO and get married with him less than a year after her divorced with her first husband. And this time, they have a baby girl.”

“She didn’t has any children with her former husband?”

“Nope,” Sangeun shook her head. “And… Another unfortunate event, her recent husband was involved with car accident, left her with her 2 years daughter at that time.” Her sentences left me speechless.

I didn’t know how to react. Sure, that was her misfortune. But again, she was the one who cheated on her former husband with him.

I guess, karma is a , huh?

“After her husband funeral, she heritage all of her husband belongings. She managed to merger her own company with her husband’s, hence she was able to be one of the most rich and successful businesswoman in Seoul.” Sangeun sipped her strawberry smoothie with thoughtful expression.

“Well, what’s the relation of her story and Hoya, then?” I saw Sangeun stopped sipped on her drink right after she heard my question. She sighed and took all the documents in the envelope. She handed me back the bail out paper.

I stared at her questioningly. But she just stared at me back, urged me to read the paper.

As I read the paper down, I felt my heart sank.

“Hoya…. Hoya’s company was nearly broke?” I asked shockingly. Sangeun nodded gloomingly.

“About one year ago, his company was at the critical phase. But as it stated there, he got bail out from Jung Co. Eventually, his company could be stabile again. But that cost another price.” Sangeun looked down, obviously didn’t wanted to see my reaction after she said the other word.

“He has to be the father of Mrs. Jung’s daughter.”

I felt my world stopped.

The father of Mrs. Jung’s daughter?

Is that mean that he has to be married with Mrs. Jung?

“No, he doesn’t has to be Mrs. Jung’s husband,” As if she could read my mind, Sangeun shook her head. “The contract here,” she handed me another paper,” stated that he would be the father of Mrs. Jung’s daughter in occasional events. Mrs. Jung just wanted her daughter to taste the feeling of having the daddy, since her daddy has passed away when she was two years old. And according to this contract, this should be last only for 6 months.”

My suspicious grew bigger. That’s all? In exchange of some big money, she just asked him to be his daughter’s father for 6 months? No, there was more than it.

I just knew it.

“But… Something happened in those 6 months,” Sangeun inhaled deeply. “Because of their frequent meetings with each other…” Sangeun eyed me worriedly. “They fell in love with each other.”

My heart crashed to hear that truth. Unconciously, tears started to well in my eyes.

“Let me guess,” I barely could hear my voice. “This Mrs. Jung that gave Hoya bail out is his ex, right?”

Sangeun looked troubled for a moment before she answered me,”…Yes.”

The tears run down uncontrollably as I let out cynical laugh. Sangeun quickly moved in the seat next to me, hugged me tightly.

So, that’s why he changes his attitude towards me? Towards us, his family? Because he has another family?

I sobbed quietly in Sangeun’s blouse.

Lee Howon, congratulation.

You have broken my heart in to million pieces successfully.

*****

 I stared at the house in front of me emotionless. I remembered that I asked Sangeun between my sniffling about the name of Hoya’s ex and her address. At first, Sangeun refused to tell me. She was worried that I would do something reckless and irrationally. But after I swore to her that I wouldn’t anything stupid, she gave up.

Surprisingly, despite being the rich woman and all, she lived in an apartment instead of some big mansion. Sangeun told me that she lived there with her daughter and another maid only. But obviously, she lived in an elite apartment with the best security system.

And here I was. In front of the house of the woman who has stolen my husband. After some contemplation, I went to the security office and told them that I want to meet Mrs. Jung. They told me to wait for a moment and called Mrs. Jung apartment to inform the occupants. Not so long, the security handed me the phone.

“Hello?” There was a woman voice on the other line.

“Hello, is it Mrs. Jung?” I asked politely.

“Ah, yes. May I know who are you, Miss?”

 “I’m Lee Sanghee, Lee Howon’s wife.” I emphasized the word wife purposedly.

There’s a silent for a moment.

“May I help you, Mrs. Lee?” she asked warily this time.

“Yes, you can.” I smiled lightly. “Can we talk, Mrs. Jung Eunji?” 


 

 

Ok…. After soooo long, I’m finally able to update this ff again .__.

I’m so so so so so so sorry… TT^TT *covered my eyes, crying because of the guilty feeling

I…. Have no excuses this time .-. #deepsigh I guess Summer holiday makes my laziness won the best of me… Forgive me for being a lazy Author.. TT___TT *bending on my knees, apologizing to you all my reader and subscriber

But, thank you for bearing with this snail-update-author, ‘though.. :’)

Sooooo, how is this double update? :)) Hope you like it! ^^

P.S.: I have nothing against Apink’s Eunji! >.< In fact, she is my second bias in Apink! :3 But this story need bad woman, so yeah… I hope you understand, Eunji's fans! ^^V

 

Until next time! :D