My Priceless Possession

The Precious One

 

Thanks to Minwoo, the day after he convinced her successfully, Heeyoun came to me and stated her agreement to be sent to that pregnancy school.

That night when I helped Heeyoun packed her things, we had a lot heart to heart talk. We even planed to sleep together in her bed, considering that night would be the last mother-daughter time we had, before she came back to this house with her baby and –hopefully– her old lovely personality –instead the spiteful one she used to be lately.

“Sometimes I wonder, what did I do in the past life to deserve such a great mother like you Mom,” Heeyoun said while playing with my fingers. “And I couldn’t help but feel sorry, every time I thought that you don’t deserve such a kid like me or Minwoo,” she mumbled while snuggling closer to me and laid her head on my left arm, using it as pillow.

I chuckled and continued to caress her hair, moving a bit so that I got the more confortable laying position.

”And why did you think like that, huh? Minwoo is wonderful. You are amazing. Both of you are the best kids everyone could ask for, Sweety,” I kissed the top of her head lovingly.

“No, we’re not,” she denied. “If we’re good kids, we would never cause you any trouble. But, look at me. Pregnant in the age of 19, all because I’ve gotten tricked by some jerks’ sweet words.”

I quickly wrapped my arms tightly towards her body when I sensed the sadness in her tone. She hugged me back and buried her face on my chest.

“And Minwoo… Up ‘till now, I still don’t know the reason he changed before. But I guessed, it would be something to do with trouble,” she muffled her sentence to my clothes. Heeyoun pulled off our hug and lifted her face, staring straight at me.

“We’re just some troublesome kids, Eomma…” Tears started to well up in her eyes. “We’re sorry, you have to take us as your kids. You deserve so much better than us, Eomma,” She was trying to control her sobs. Yet, she still gave me her sincere smile.

To see her regretful tears, my heart was clenching.

“Heeyoun-ah,” I called her softly. “Everyone makes mistakes in their life. But just because they made their mistakes, they don’t automatically deserve to be called as ‘troublesome’ or ‘troublemaker’.” I hug her again.

“It doesn’t matter how many mistakes you have made, Heeyoun-ah. What the matter is, whether you are willing to take any correction for your mistakes or not. And I guessed, you’ve learned from your mistake, right?” I felt she was nodding in my embrace, so I continued, “Great. That proves me, that you’re not some selfish troublemaker. You’re my precious daughter,” I emphasized those words. “You’re far from any troublesome kid. Because the real troublemaker won’t be bother to look back and learn from their mistakes. And that’s why, you shouldn’t said such of those words, Sweety.”

“But, still,” she muttered sadly. “If I could choose my parents before, I would never choose you as my Mom. The bad kid like me doesn’t deserve such a graceful lovingly mother like you,” she whispered.

My heart sank to hear her insecurities.

“Look at me, Heeyoun,” I lifted her chin gently. “Listen, every kid would always cause any trouble to their parents. Even if it just once in their lifetime, or maybe more than that. But we, the parents, never take it seriously. Maybe we grunt, huff, or nagging to our kids. But after all, we never hate our kids. Do you know why?” I stared endearingly to her.

“Because our kids are too valuable for us, especially for the mothers,” I patted her hair dearly. “We carried you in our wombs for nine months. We took care of you before you could take care of your self. We are the ones who always crying with you every time you cry in happiness or sadness. We cherish you, our kids, more than our life. We’ll do everything to make you happy.”

“Therefore, even if I could choose who my kids are, I would definitely choose you and Minwoo again as my own blood children, Sweety. You both are my priceless possession in this world. And I would never ever regret to have you as my children.”

Heeyoun burst in to tears and hug me tightly, crying uncontrollably. Unconsciously, tears running down my cheeks as I hug her back.

“Don’t ever doubt your self, my daughter,” I whispered soothingly. “You’re great just the way you are. And I love you, simply because you are you, Lee Heeyoun.”

*****

As she promised before, Sangeun came to pick Heeyoun the next morning right after we have breakfast.

I hug Heeyoun wholeheartedly, savoring the last moment I have with her before I visited her in her new… School. She returned my hug with the same love, before finally Sangeun coughed and announced that the time was nearly up.

I unwillingly broke our hug and patted her head. There was still this selfish part of me which reluctance to let her go. But nonetheless, a smile was drawn in my face to see Heeyoun hug Minwoo dearly.

I felt pair of arms around my shoulders and turned my head around just to see Sangeun resting her head in my shoulder wordlessly. She watched affectionately when Minwoo kissed Heeyoun’s cheeks endearingly before pulled her into his embrace again.

“Everything gonna be alright, Eonni,” she cooed in my ears.

I smiled a little, “Even Hoya?”

Sangeun seemed taken aback to my unexpected question.

“Well,” she chose her words warily. “Heeyoun’s problem start to resolve. Minwoo is starting to back to his old self. I believe even Hoya Oppa will change to his lovely side back soon, Eonni.”

“What if he doesn’t?” I whispered, hung my head down.

Sangeun tightened her hug. Silence engulfed us for a moment.

Finally, Sangeun muttered.

“Eventually, everything is going to be alright.”

Those words kept ringing in my head, even after the car that carried Heeyoun and Sangeun was out of my sight.


 

Is this chapter boring? :/ Well, I'm sorry... #deepbowing

But I'll keep trying to write better chapter for you guys! :))

Oh, and just a little teaser~ Finally, Hoya's problem will be revealed in the next chapter! :D *cheering*

So, stay tuned, ok? ;)) #winks

Don't be shy to leave any comment or subscribe! :D I'll definitely appreciated it! ^^ Your supports are my streng! :D

 

See ya next time~ ^^