Mine

The Precious One

“Here’s your Cappuccino and Vanilla Latte, Miss” A waitress left two cups of coffee in our table.

“Thank you,” I smiled to her and took my Vanilla Latte. Eunji just nodded and sipped her Cappuccino wordlessly. The waitress smiled back and bowed before left us to take the other customer’s order.

There was an awkward silent between us. But after a moment of keeping glanced at each other, Eunji finally spoke.

“So, Sanghee-ssi… You said that we need to talk about something, right? What is it?” she asked while playing with her cups holder.

“Yeah,” I nodded and stared at her. “It’s about my husband, Hoya.” I noticed she flinched a bit to hear the word husband from my mouth. Inside, I felt triumphant.

Take that. He is my husband.

M. I. N. E.

“What about him?” she questioned again, tried to seem nonchalant.

I mentally rolled my eyes.

Seriously, is she playing innocent now?

“Eunji-ssi,” I said in a serious tone. “You don’t have to act like there’s nothing happened. Because I know clearly what happens between you and my husband.”

She seemed unaffected by my words. “And?”

I was taken aback.

“Uhmm… Excuse me? You do aware that he was married to me, right?” I looked at her as if she was an asylum patient.

“Yeah, I know,” she nodded casually. “And if my intuition is right, you’re gonna warn me to stop my relationship with Hoya, right?”

“Exactly,” I agreed. “So, can you please stop bothering him and give him back to my family?”

“Excuse me? Give him back to your family?” She let a cynical laugh. “What is he? A gift?”

“Eunji-ssi, you know correctly what I’m talking about,” I started to feel impatient.

“And why do you think I’m willing to let him back to you?” There’s a dare in her tone.

“Well, the last time I checked, he is still my husband. And as his wife, I have every right to possessively take hold of him as mine,” I felt like I spoke to immature kid.

Can’t she clearly see the reasons? For the God sake, she is an adult!

“And for your information,” I stared hard at her. “I will never ever let anyone steal what mine is.”

She stared back at me, seemed really peeved.

Steal? Me steal Hoya? Wouldn’t it be the other way? You stole him from me!” She hissed angrily.

“I never stole him from you!” I retorted her. “After all, I’m not the crazy b*tch who will steal the other person’s lover!”

“Oh? So you called me crazy b*tch now?” She fumingly inquired. Both of us was really pissed off, but somehow we created an unspoken understanding rule that we wouldn’t make any scene at the café.

“Then let me asked you, the honorable Mrs. Lee Sanghee,” She said it in the mocked tone. “Who is the real b*tch that made him leave me 20 years ago to marry her? Who is the crazy woman who shamelessly married him 20 years ago and left him with no choice but broke up with me? Who?”

I felt my blood boiled with anger to hear her words. I closed my eyes and breathed deeply, trying to calm my self.

“First, Eunji-ssi,” I hissed at her. “I never ever asked him to break up with you. It was his own will to leave you and to love me instead. I never forced him to do it.”

“But you–“

“I’m. Not. Done. Yet,” I cut her off and emphasized every word I spoke. “Second, I thought you agreed to let go of him? Because my husband,” I silently felt satisfied to see her furious face every time I used that words purposely –Gosh, I was so childish, wasn’t I?– , ”have told me that you were willing to let him learned to love me. It was not easy, he said to me. But eventually, you let him go. So what makes you took back your decision?”

It was her turned to close her eyes and inhaled deeply, cooling her self.

“Listen, Sanghee-ssi,” she stated in tired voice. “I admit that I have let him go that time. Even if I was really reluctant to break up with him, I did it. Why? Because I have no other choice. What will you expect from a man who is going to marry another woman? Even if their marriage was arrange? Nothing. It’s cliché, but eventually, they will fall in love with each other. And when that’s happened, I knew that I would be the one who was hurt in the end. So, as wise as I could think, I let him go. I let him married you. I let him loved you. I cut all the contact we have. I let you and him lived peacefully in your marriage life.”

She inhaled deeply and sighed, ”But do you what I feel?”

No! My selfish self shouted in my head. No, I don’t know! And no, I don’t wanna know! Why should I hear your point of view?

But being the pathetic person I was, I chose to listen her side story.

Blame me and my weak stupid heart.

“I felt my world crushed when I heard that he was arranged to marry the other person. I loved him, I really loved him. I used to think that he was the one. He was the Mr. Right that would spend the rest his life together with me. We were so in love with each other. We even have planned our future marriage life, our future house, with our babies running around our house playfully. But in a day, all those dreams wrecked. All thanks to his grandpa’s will for him to marry you,” she glared at me accusingly. I glared back fearlessly.

It’s not my fault. What’s the point of being frightened if you have nothing to do wrong?

“It was so hard, to be honest. It was so hard to let him go. But I tried so hard to move on. I met another man, I learned to love again. We cherish each other endearingly, and I trusted him enough to spend my life with him in a marriage life… Only to find that after the years we spent together, he cheated on me,” she smiled bitterly while looked down.

“But didn’t you do the same? You cheated on him too with another more successful businessman,” I couldn’t help but denounced her. Eunji rolled her eyes.

“Is that how the world see me now? The woman who cheated on her husband with another successful man who was richer than her former husband? Geez, I’m not that greedy! That b*stard cheated on me first!” She frowned and tsk-ed. “That was why I cheated on him back! Who knows that he would make up the truth and spreading the lies to make him seemed innocent, huh? That just prove that my decision was right. I was right to divorce with that j*rk.” She took a deep breath. “Lucky for me, I have no child with that r*scal. Or else, my life would be more complicated now.”

I just sipped my Vanilla Latte, not really wanted to make any comment. Half of me pitied her, but half of me refused to give her any sympathy’s form. That was why I just waited her to continue her story.

“I admit that at first, I just using my recent husband to take a revenge of that j*rk,” she played with her cup’s holder again. “But as time went by, I fell in love with him, just the way he loved me from the very start. So after we confirmed to each other, we agreed to get married. And our happy marriage life was more completed when we found out that I was pregnant. I still could picture how happy we were. Me, him, and our daughter,” She smiled softly.

“But my nightmare started again when I lose him five years ago,” Eunji sighed sadly. “I remembered how depressed I was that time. I refuse to eat, I refuse to do anything. All my day was spent by crying. I even abandoned my own daughter.” Her expression darkened. “Until one day, my mother came and slapped me hard. She knocked some sense to my head. And I was able to stand in my feet again. I was able to lift my chin high again. My father in law, who has merger my company with my husband company and took care of them while I was in my depressing state, gave the company back to me. I worked hard to live my company, and at the same time being the good mother to my only daughter. It was so tiring. But at the end, I proved that I could make it by my own.”

She took another deep breath.

“The Jung Co. became one of the largest company in Seoul. We cooperated with may others companies and hit the satisfied result. We didn’t just make a cooperation with another big companies, but also with the small companies who have the great potential in the future. Not to mention, with the company who was nearly broke. As long as they have a great potential and will profit us more benefit in the future, we accepted their proposal. That’s how I met Hoya again,” I felt my heart stopped at the mention of his name. I guessed, I was too engulfed with her story.

Eunji stared at me intensely.

“When I saw his name again on one of the proposal, I felt the deja vu. I convinced my self that there are too many people with the same name with him. There are many Lee Howon exist in Seoul, it couldn’t be the Lee Howon I knew." She closed her eyes tiredly. "But all my conviction disappeared when I saw his on our first meeting. It was him. It was the same Lee Howon that I loved, the same Lee Howon that ever promised me to give the world for me, the Hoya that once loved me wholeheartedly. And when I felt that the world stop right after I saw him, I knew it immediately. I’m still in love with him.”

I clutched the table unconsciously. I have the feeling that her story would her me more. But, still. I needed to know what inside her head. She opened her eyes again and gazed out of the window.

“Hoya seemed a bit surprised when he saw me," she smiled slightly. "But he maintained to appeared calm and professional. Our meeting went smoothly that day, and we agreed to give his company bail out. But I was selfish, I was greedy," she looked at me again. "I wanted to see him more, now that I found him after 19 years of separation. I asked him to meet me personally and I told him that I would gave him more money for bail out if he was agreed to be my daughter’s father. Hoya’s seemed troubled at first, telling me that he has his own family to take care and how he would like to stay faithful to you. But I kept persuading him that it would last only for 6 months, and he finally agreed,” She nodded to her self.

“But it just an excuse, isn’t it?” I whispered slowly.

“Of course,” Eunji answered shamelessly. “I’m not that stupid. After so long separation, I finally see the love of my life again. What do you suppose me to do? I took the six months chance to make him fall for me again. And it successfully happened.”

I closed my eyes, trying to overwhelming the heartwrenching I experienced just now.

“And while you did all of your plans,” I said slowly, “did you ever considered his family? His children’s feeling? My feeling as her wife?”

She refused to answer and threw her gaze out of the window.

“Eunji-ssi, I understand what you have through,” I inhaled deeply. “But please, don’t be selfish. Please accept the fact that you are over with him for about 20 years,” I tried to make her thinking rationally.

“He has his own family now. He has me as his wife." I whispered softly. "And from your story, I know that you know how it feels to have your husband cheated on you with another woman. You know the pain of having your beloved ones stolen from you by another woman. Yet, why did you still do it?" I couldn't stop the pain in appeared in my voice. "Why did you take my husband away from me?” I asked with shaky voice.

“That’s different,” she finally spoke. “Hoya was mine from the very start. I was stupid enough to let him go 20 years ago," she sighed regretfully. "I’m not going to make the same mistakes. Not now, when we finally can reunite again,” Eunji stared sternly at me.

I stared back at her in disbelief, completely speechless.

How in this world can a people being that shameful, stubborn, and selfish at the same time?

Eunji slipped the cash under her coffee cup and stood up. She looked at me with such a determinant eyes.

“I’m sorry to crash your hope, Sanghee-ssi. But, I’m not going to leave Hoya Oppa. Never,” with that, she walked out of the cafe, left me sat there wordlessly.

I closed my eyes for the umpteenth times today and sighed heavily.

Eotteoke? What should I do now?


Surprised to see me here today? ;) I myself was surprised too! xD

I mean, my fastest update record so far was in 3 day… Yet, here I am! Update with the new chapter right after I posted another chapter yesterday! :o Huuuuurrrraaaayyyyyyy to my self! \(^o^)/

lololololololol~ :p

The truth is, I never know what will come when I go back to college and by that I mean assignments, homework, presentation, etc. that make me feel very very stressful and wish to die right at the moment… lol, so I decided that I will update as much as I can when I have the time~ :3

Sooooo…. How is it? :D Hope you enjoy it! ^^

 

See ya in the next update! XD