Glint of Happiness

The Precious One

 

As I expected, persuading Heeyoun to go to the school was really hard.

When we first told her –in the most gently and warily way– that we would send her to that school, she threw tantrum immediately. She felt that we were embarrassed of her, so that we wanted to send her away. Sangeun and I tried our best to convince her, but it seemed like she was made up her mind that we all hate her and wanted to get rid of her. She refused to talk to us again for the days after. She even refused to get out her room and saw us. Whatever we said couldn’t change her mind at all.

And that really broke me. The reality that my own blood and flesh thought me, her mother, got tired of her and wanted to get rid of her made me sick.

Doesn’t she know me better? How on the earth will a mother who loves her children throw her children away? Does she even know that I love my own children more than anything?

Can't she believe that I love her and want the best for her?

Nevertheless, we never grew tired to talk some sense of her. Of course, Sangeun couldn’t always come to our home since she has her own family and business that she has to take care of. But she never gave up to convince Heeyoun, even if it just through the loudspeaker phone conversation in front of Heeyoun’s door, since Heeyoun refused to answer Sangeun’s call from her own phone and she locked herself in her room everyday. I, too, tried to make her understand that we wanted the best for her through this plan.

Still, Heeyoun wouldn’t bug.

Untill someday, an unexpected help made it own way to us.

*****

I was walking out of the kitchen, thinking really hard to persuade Heeyoun, when I saw Minwoo in the upstairs, in front of Heeyoun’s door. I quickly hid behind the wall, so that he couldn’t see me. I peeked and saw him hesitantly knocked the door.

What does he do there?

Curiousity filled me, as I held my breath, waiting for Heeyoun’s response.

“Stop trying to bother me, Eomma! I’m tired hearing your fake reasons! Why don’t you say in front of my face that you wanna get rid of me soon?!” Heeyoun shouted inside her room.

I felt my heart sank.

Does she really doubt me that much?

“I’m not Eomma,” Minwoo calmly replied. “Can you please open the door and talk to me… Heeyoun Noona?”

I let out a small gasped.

How long has it been since the last time I hear Minwoo calls her Noona?

It seemed as Heeyoun was taken aback as well, since she said nothing to Minwoo. Not so long, I heard the door opened, followed by some steps, before the door closed again. I carefully went up and leaning against the door, overheard my children conversation.

“What do want to talk about?” I heard Heeyoun ask.

“About your pregnancy,” Minwoo replied bluntly.

“What?,” Heeyoun let cynical laughed. “Are you going to judging me? Or may be trying to get rid of me from this house too? I told you–“

“Can you please shut up and listen to me first, before you make any assumption?” Minwoo cut her impatiently. There wasn’t any sound inside the room for a moment. “Alright, now that you decided to listen to me, I told you what exactly in my mind.”

There was another silence moment.

“First, about the baby inside your womb –or should I say, my nephew or nice,” he began,”I still can’t believe that you made a mistake this far. You were really an idiot to believe his sweet-nothing-words.”

“I’m not–“

“Didn’t I tell you that those L.Joe is a bastard?” Minwoo ignored Heeyoun’s complained. “Still, you wouldn’t hear me and went out with him. You were even dating behind our parents back. Did you ever think of Eomma’s feeling when she found out about it later?”

Heeyoun stayed still.

“You know very well how our Eomma always put the trust above everything.” He stopped for a while. “And you destroyed her trust. Completely, may I add, when Eomma found you pregnant with those jerk’s baby. If you were she, how did it felt? How did it felt, to find your one and only daughter, suddenly pregnant with a total rascal? She only wanted the best for you by banned you dating that scumbag. Yet you stepped over her worry and her affection, as if their were nothing.”

“You have no right to say that to me!" Heeyoun talked back. "For your information, Mr. I-know-everything, you ignored her too! You stepped over her attention as well! You have no right to patronize me!” 

This time, Minwoo fell silent.

“See? You can’t even retorted me! Stop despise me, when you ain’t better than me!” Anger clearly heard in Heeyoun’s voice.

“At least I notice it,” Minwoo spoke slowly. “I notice that I hurt her, that’s why I tried to change back to my old self for her. And at least, I never made any BIG mistake like you, Miss Stubborn.”

I heard a cynical snorted, probably from Heeyoun.

“Now, don’t try to change the subject here. I didn't come here to talk about me. I would talk about you.”

I could imagine that Heeyoun shoot death glared to Minwoo.

“Alright, so I guess you knew nothing about Eomma’s pain. Then let me tell you how much she went through,” He continued.

I held my breath. Did he really keep an eye on me that intense?

Does it mean, that my observant Minwoo is back?

Suddenly I heard a slapped sound from inside. My eyes widened.

“WHY THE HELL DID YOU SLAP ME?!” Heeyoun yelled furiously.

“Is it hurt?” Minwoo asked nonchalantly, as if he did nothing rude.

“YOU LITTLE PUNK–“

“Well, believe me… Your pain is nothing compared to Eomma’s.” He shrugged off Heeyoun’s cursed.

If I could see Heeyoun’s face now, I bet she would look at Minwoo with the ‘I-will-kill-you’ look.

“I might could never measured Eomma’s pain, since I’m not her. But for sure she was hurt enough to cry every night because of you,” Minwoo said.

“And how the hell did you know she was crying because of me? She could be crying because of you or Appa, since you two was hurting her too!” Heeyoun shouted.

“Because she kept calling your name and mourning how your fate turned this bad.”

I could predict that Heeyoun was as speechless as me from the sudden silent in the room.

“She was hurt, Noona. She was hurt a lot because you lied to her. Did you know how much she blamed herself for not kept an eye on you when she found out that you’re pregnant? Being the egoistic and narrow-minded you are, I bet you never thought any of that.” He stated harshly.

“Still, she never showed any signs of pain. Do you know why? Because she didn’t want to make you more depressed than this. She hope you would be strong too, if she hid her pain and continue to appear firmly in front of your face. She suffered a lot because of you! And yet, you accused her to be embarrassed and wanted to threw you. What a nice payback,” he scoffed.

Still, Heeyoun said nothing.

“You know that Eomma always wants the best for us, right?” Minwoo softened his voice. “She would never throw us away. Ever. She always willing to sacrifice everything –and I meant it, everything– for our happiness. Deep inside your heart, I’m sure you knew that too. So, please… If you really love Eomma, please do her wish. Go to that school. It’s not like we are going abandon you. I’m sure Eomma will always visits you every time she can. I’ll make it sure to always tag along with her when she visits you.”

Heeyoun started to sniffle. I could feel my tears welled in my eyes as well.

“Heeyoun Noona,” Minwoo called her gently. “You know that we always love you, right? Don’t think that we are tired of you, so that we send you away. We want you to go to that school, because we’re sure that you can get the best there.”

There’s a moment of silence before Minwoo continued his sentence.

“Don’t feel left out, because as your family, we will never leave you alone.”

This time, both of me and Heeyoun burst into tears. She was crying soundly, while I put my hands on my lips, so that they won’t hear my sniffle. Sneakily, I went into my room and explode there, sobbing uncontrollably. I felt both touching and relieved. For the first time after those drama in my life started, I felt like there was burden lifted up from my shoulder.

Now that I knew Minwoo was going to change back in a better way for me, I was sure that soon or later he would completely back to his self, the Minwoo that I could always counted on everything. And I have a feeling that Minwoo had knocked some senses to Heeyoun successfully, so I guess I have nothing to worry about persuading her to go to that school. I still a bit sad about Hoya, ‘though… But I guess, I could do nothing before Sangeun finished her probe to Hoya. So, I put that thought aside for a while.

I looked up to the blue sky through the window and smiled between my tears.

Finally, I see a glint of happiness in my life again.


 

Look who's finally showed up here~ :D *waves hand cheerfully*

My semester hasn't ended yet. But at least, it's not as suffocating as before! :D So I guess, I can make more update started for now on. :)) Just... Let's pray that the thing called "writer block" never found me again! Because in that case, well... I can say nothing, then .-.

Anyhow, how is this chapter? :))

Hope you'll enjoy it! ^^

See ya in the next update! :))