Puff the 'Magic' Dragon

Rivals' Love Story

A/N: another update guys! ^^

*Kyuhyun’s POV*

It’s bugging me since yesterday. Omma called yesterday telling me that she is very worried about Kyurin. She told me that Auntie Cho paid her a visit a day before. She’s been worried because Kyurin’s has been down for the past few days. She eats a little then locks herself up in her room. She barely talks at everyone. When she is asked if she’s okay or if why she’s acting like that, she’ll just mumbles then walked away.

I’m so worried about her. Omma told me to call Kyurin to talk to her. They hope that maybe, just maybe, Kyurin will talk to me. They even give number to me. I actually wanted to visit her but my schedules are too tight so I’ll just give her a call.

I gulped hard before dialing her number. I’m so nervous right now because this will be the first time I’ll be calling her.

‘YAH Cho Kyuhyun! You must do it! Everyone is expecting something from you.’ I told myself then dialed Kyurin’s number. It took many rings before she picked it up.

“H-hello?” she answered. Her voice sounded so tired from crying.

“Kyurin-ah?” I said.

“K-Kibum-op-pa…” she sniffles, like she was about to cry.

‘Kibum? Do I sound like him? Or she was expecting a call from him?’ I asked myself but ignore it and just concentrated on talking to Kyurin.

“Gwenchana?” I asked her.

Kibum-oppa!!” she blurted out. She started crying. I quickly panic.

“Gwenchana?? What happen to you? Are you alright? Are you hurt?” I asked her continuously.

“Amber *sobbed* and *sobbed* I *sobbed*”

“Kyurin-ah, stop crying so that I can understand what you are saying.” I said, trying to comfort her. I heard her taking a deep breath before answering.

“Amber at mad at me about something. She called our friendship off. *sobbed* I tried to…explain to her but *sobbed* she won’t listen to me. She called me liar and said that I betrayed her” she said, her voice is trembling.

“I’m sure she doesn’t-!” she cuts me.

“She mean it. Everything! She even threw our friendship bracelet on the ground and angrily steps on it. She told me she doesn’t want to see me anymore and I can’t come near her ever again. Kibum-oppa, eotteoke?” she asked as she started to cry hard again.

“Hush, Kyurin-ah, hush…don’t cry. Please stop. Hush…” I tried comforting her, but it doesn’t work. Alright, let’s go to plan B! I took a deep breath before starting…

*Kyu sings ‘Puff the Magic Dragon’ in childish way*

‘Okay, whoever sees me right now will think I’m weird or something. But who care? If it’s for Kyurin, I don’t care being weird.’ I thought while I while singing.

My plan succeeded because Kyurin stop crying.

“Kibum-oppa, what are singing?” Kyurin lightly chuckled at the end of the song.

“Puff the Magic Dragon, children song.” I told her.

“I know that silly. Wait—Puff the Magic Dragon? Isn’t it Kyuhyun-oppa’s song?” she asked. I smiled a little, ‘Kyuhyun-oppa’

“Yep, it’s mine.” I told her.

“Yours? But it’s—you’re not Kibum-oppa right?” she asked with a hint of surprise.

“Cho Kyuhyun immida.” I said then chuckled a bit. I can imagine her surprise image inside my head.

“What are you doing Kyuhyun-oppa?” she asked.

“Calling you, silly.” I answered.

“I know that. I’m asking why you are using Kibum-oppa?” she asked again.

“I’m not, you’re the one who thought I’m Kibum in the first place.” I said.

“Oh yeah…But why didn’t you told me it was you not Kibum-oppa?” she asked again.

“It’s fun pretending you know.” I told her.

“Yah!” she said annoyingly. Then I heard her chuckles. I smiled.

“You wouldn’t talk to me about your problem if I told you I’m Kyuhyun right?” I asked.

“Well, probably” she confessed. I sighed.

“Well, about Amber, you should try apologizing to her again and again and again until she grew tired of you and finally accepted your apology. She’s your best friend and losing her is like taking a part of your life away. So you better make up with her or you’ll going to regret it. Arasso?” I told her.

“Is that really you Kyuhyun-oppa?” she asked jokingly.

“Yah! I’m trying to help here.” I said.

“Arasso. Thanks for the advice” she said with a smile.

“So stop sulking and be yourself again okay? Everybody is so worried about you silly girl.” I told her.

“I know, and I feel sorry” she said.

“If you’re sorry then tell them what’s really happening to you.” I said.

“You sound like your sister, Ahra-unnie” she said then chuckled again.

“Eww, that’s gross.” I said.

“Yah, she’s your noona.”

“I know. And yeah, may I know why Amber got mad at you? The reason?” I asked.

“Mianhe, Kyuhyun-oppa, I can’t tell you” she said.

“Oh, okay.” I didn’t force her.

“Uhm…” she started.

“What is it?” I asked.

“C-can you sing another song for me again?” she requested. I blushed a little bit at her sudden request.

“Are you paying for my expensive talent fee?” I asked her playfully.

“No…” she said disappointedly. I chuckled then started singing ‘Love Again’.

“Thank you, Kyuhyun-oppa” she said weakly at the end of the song then quickly followed by her light snores.

‘She’s sleeping already.’ I told myself then smiled. I keep on listening at her snores for a little bit and I know I look like a fool smiling widely at myself. Aigoo! Her light snores are music to my ears.

“You’re crazy Cho Kyuhyun” my devil said.

“Yeah, crazily in love with Cho Kyurin” my angel agrees. I blushed at their comments.

‘I know that and I admit it.’ I told them.

“Saranghaeyo, Kyurin-ah.” I said before I hung up.

 

 

A/N: Aigoo Kyuhyun! What are we going to do at you? (Kyuhyun: Nothing! W-why? Are you planning something at me? A prank? You’ll never succeed!! *starts to run away fast* Kyurin: Get him!! I’ll give you his t-shirt and sweat pants if you catch him.) LOL. Anyway, I’ll be back again some time for another update.