Call me Oppa

Rivals' Love Story

A/N: Update~Update! ^^

*Kyuhyun’s POV*

It’s almost Valentines’ Day and because we performed an ‘excellent act’ (Ms. Kim’s and my Umma’s exact words), we are the one chosen to performed at the Valentines’ Day Event.

We’ve been preparing for this event for the whole week because it’s so close. But let’s set aside that first because this past week Kyurin-ah and I become closer? How? Simple, I had become her friend. HAHA! It’s not really bad to become her friend; it is fun and nice though. I still keep on teasing and teasing her. I just like how she would puff her cheeks when she’s so angry. Wit! What am I talking about? Never mind. But what I like the most is how she called me ‘Oppa’ even though I’m just older to her by hours and though she doesn’t really want it.

*flashback: the day Kyurin asked Kyuhyun to be her friend*

I was on my way to the bathroom when I pass by the balcony. I saw Kyurin-sshi sitting at the bench, staring fondly at the stars. Looks like she loves the stars. I went beside her and tapped her shoulder. She looks at me, surprised.

“Enjoying the night alone? Mind if I join you?” I asked.

“Um…sure” she said as she offers the seat beside her. I sat down at it and stared at the stars.

“They’re beautiful right?” I asked her.

“Yes, they are” she answered. I look at her; she’s still looking at the stars. The stars are shining brightly tonight but her eyes shines more.

‘How mesmerizing…’ I thought. Then I mentally smacked my head.

‘What are you thinking?’ I asked myself. I sighed.

“Kyurin-sshi…” I called her. She looks at me.

“Deh?” she asked.

“About your question awhile ago…” I trailed.

“What about it?” she asked again.

“It’s a…yes.” I finish it nervously. She was silent for a moment, maybe processing what I had said. Then slowly her eyes lit up and she smiles.

“Really? For real?” she excitedly asked. I nodded.

“So we can drop out formalities starting tonight?” she asked again. I nodded then laughed.

“Why are you laughing?” she asked, suddenly becomes confused.

“Are you really that happy becoming my friend?” I asked.

“Of course I am. You know it is quite weird though, having someone to know you a lot and be with you for a long time, but he’s not your friend” she answered.

“I know.” I said.

“You know, since we’re friends, I have a favor to asked you.” I added.

“What is it?” she asked, getting curious.

“Call me ‘Oppa’. You need to call me oppa.” I blurted out as I look at the sky.

“Eh?! Waeyo?! We’re just in same age. Why do I need to call you oppa?” she quickly asked.

“Because I want you to call me that. And because I am older than you by hours.” I said in a matter-of-fact tone.

“I don’t want to” she said childishly.

“Why?” I asked her.

“Because your just older than me by hours” she said.

“Exactly, which makes me your oppa right?” I said as I smirked.

“Ani!!” she said.

“You know, you should just call me oppa.” I threaten her.

“I don’t want to…” she said stubbornly.

“Okay, if you say so. Then I shall call Bummie and tell him that you like him.” I said as I take out my phone.

“No!!” shouted. Then she quickly snatched my phone.

“Don’t do that” she said.

“Then call me oppa.” I smirked.

“You’re evil.” I heard her mumbled.

“What?” I asked.

“You’re unfair. I thought it’s just a favor? Why are you forcing me?” she said as she puffed her cheeks.

“Well, at first it is. But since you don’t want to call me oppa, I need to execute my plan B.” I said.

“Why do you want me to call you oppa?” she asked.

‘Because I just want you to. I envy Kibum when you’re calling him oppa.’ I thought. Again, I mentally smacked my head.

‘Envy Kibum? Get a hold of yourself man.’ I told myself.

“Because I don’t want you to call me ‘Kyuhyun-ah’ like my hyungs used to call me. Besides, ‘Kyuhyun-ah’ is somewhat disrespectful way of calling the person who’s older than you even though by hours. And it’s only I who can call people older than me like that.” I told her.

“Aish! I can’t believe you!” she said. I laugh at her.

“Just call me oppa. Like this, Kyu-hyun-o-ppa!” I said in mocking tone.

“Okay, okay! I will, if you keep my feelings to Kibum oppa secret” she said in defeat.

“Okay, deal. Now let’s hear you say ‘Kyuhyun-oppa.” I said.

“K-Kyuhyun…Kyuhyun-oppa” she whispered.

“What?” I asked her. She looks at me irritably then looks down.

“Kyuhyun-oppa…” she said in awkward tone but still give my heart a squeal of happiness.

“Good enough. Now you sound like you beg to me to become your friend.” I said as I patted her head then prepare to run. I saw her eyes widen and her cheeks puffed. I started to run while laugh once I heard her voice.

“Yah!!!” she shouted as she chased me all the way back to my room.

*end of flashback*

 

 

A/N: Lol. This chapter kinda reminds me of Super Junior’s song “Happiness”. I don’t know why. But it reminds me of their bubbly side in their younger ages.  ♥